Old 02-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Wink Gotta love PMS

not...

I just had a HYSTERICAL crying jag puctuated with bouts of insane laughter. Why? Because (and I quote myself)

I f****** HATE pms
I f****** HATE cravings
and the last thing I want to eat right now is this f******* orange and stupid damn yogurt!!!

My husband is just happy he made it through it alive... though he did take away my spoon

sigh. I am insane. I know this
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

lol i totally understand.. my TOM started yesterday.. last night while watching tv with my hubby i said out of the blue ' im gonna cry'.. he said 'wha'?? and then i proceeded to cry lol...i dont know why.. i didnt even know if it was a sad cry or a happy one lmao.. hubby just hugged me, said he loved me, and kinda looked at me weird lol

TOM can make ya feel a lil insane..
Americaninuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:42 AM   #3  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Was it regular yogurt or greek yogurt. Because if it was greek yogurt you really had gone insane.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #4  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 347/274/180

Height: 5'6"

Not that it helps, but at least now you know you aren't alone in the world! PMS sucks. It makes even the most rational of us a bit off kilter!!!!!!! Sometimes I think I need to lock my cupboards when it's that time, because I feel like I'm trolling for something to eat, all the time!
ANewLife4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/264/120

Height: 5ft.3

Ah, same problem here! The day before yesterday (well, it was quite challenging, thanks to my parents, bless them!), I went out for a walk to vent, and ended up walking and crying, not being able to stop. TOM started a couple of hours later. Yesterday I went to see a ballet performance (disastrous, in my opinion, but then ours is a provincial theatre, one shouldn't expect too much), and had a problem stopping myself from laughing out loud as most performers were just ridiculous (and I was rude to even think about it). Weird food cravings, which, luckily, were only for a moment so managed that. Hypersensitivity to smells, actually, hypersensitivity to anything. Add the contribution a stalling scale makes to this overall emotional yoyo... And next month it is going to happen again! Oh well...
fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #6  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

ROTFL, CFMama! Oh yeah --- I can always tell when it's that time because my son and husband constantly watch me out of the corner of their eyes, like they want to make sure I haven't gotten into the cutlery.

Now you understand that line from "I am Woman", though --- "I am woman, hear me ROAR!" That loving roar is just your gentle way of telling your family:get the heck out of my face, stop going that irritating breathing thing and if you have to blink like that, you better learn to do it a LOT more quietly.

LOL --- Hang in there!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

LMAO @ Numina!!! I have 3 brothers and growing up, when it was TOM, they wouldnt even talk to me.... They said I would turn into a crazy person and no matter what they said, I would yell at them and throw fruit. (literally). I have my throwing fruit out of my system, but now that I am older (and dont even live with them anymore) they still dont come around during those weeks...
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Ok, this explains it! I was reading another thread where someone was upset because fitday had told her that her weight loss goal wasn't realistic. I laughed and laughed when your response was to tell Fitday to piss off. Ha! (guess it must be the pms talking....!)

I was going to tell you how funny I thought your reply was when reading that thread, but too many other posts had gone by. I am glad I had the chance to tell you here!!!

Just think, even though it is frustrating and maddening to us while we are in it, it just might be amusing to someone else.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

I was just looking at your sig...you are 2.8 lbs from your Valentine's goal!! You're going to make it!!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #10  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

lol

I'm PMSing right now and my poor DH hides as much as possible He'll throw flowers at me occasionally like he's throwing them in a volcano to pay homage to some ancient god Figures I'd go through this right before my WI!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Picturing:

"Honey, put the spoon down, we will all make it through this, just ........put ....the .............freakin ............spoon ...........DOWN."
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

Now see, I thought I was literally going insane and would have to be seperated from my family for their own saftey when my TOM kicked into high gear. I thought it was just because I had finally weaned myself off of the antidepressants I have been on for YEARS and that I was truely nuts!
Now, its two days later and I feel better. I think those stupid pills just dulled everything so much that I forgot what PMS was really like.

Hang in there. I wish I would have figured out I was PMSing before I bought the kids some potato crisps though...I have to admit. I endulged in some.
We almost NEVER have chips in the house. That should have been a fricken sign. DOH!
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #13  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I know how you feel. Today I was cramping so bad I was was near to tears and didn't exercise when I usually do. Although, after aleve and hot pack, I did at least 20 minutes. I'll have the home to myself when I get home so I don't mind.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsarah View Post
Now see, I thought I was literally going insane and would have to be seperated from my family for their own saftey when my TOM kicked into high gear. I thought it was just because I had finally weaned myself off of the antidepressants I have been on for YEARS and that I was truely nuts!
Now, its two days later and I feel better. I think those stupid pills just dulled everything so much that I forgot what PMS was really like.
Oh my god I just want to hug you hug you hug you !!!

This is EXACTLY how I have been feeling the last three periods, and I have been off anti-Ds for 1 yr 3 months now. Each PMS I think I'm slipping into some deep dark depression, but you're right, I think now finally after my hormones are settling into their normal pattern, I am feeling PMS they way I used to.

I have already warned my boyfriend it's going to be "dangerous" weekend this wknd because of PMS.

Mine lasts for a week though. It's awful. Like an emotional truck ran over me.

I'm so glad to be reading this thread, I thought I was going crazy!

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Know what you mean, I went through some of that last weekend. Mine isn't so bad though but the cravings are there still just not as intense, not sure why.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote