Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #1  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Default February Chat

January went by so fast. My goal for this month is to get back to working out regularly. In March, I get to go on vacation. I'm kind of dreading it because I'm going to Florida. I am not prepared to wear short sleeves. As of late, I've been self conscious of my arms. Not sure why; they never used to bother me.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #2  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

My plan is to get back on track of everything.

I am working on a new routine since I started my new full-time job. I will finally have a decent schedule to work with that is NORMAL. No more late nights. I plan on hitting the gym up 30 minutes before work in the mornings and 30 minutes to an hour at night (if I'm up for it). I want to drink at least 64 oz water a day. Eat between 1,400 - 1,800 during the week with just ONE free meal on the weekends.

I also want to get into a sleeping schedule (12AM and wake up at 8AM on work mornings / and at the latest 2AM - 10AM on non-work days). I know it's not the earliest of times, but I have a hard time getting to sleep at 12AM as is. Hopefully these next two weeks will go by smoothly and I will be able to get into the groove of things.

Robot - I don't like Florida to be honest. My mom lives there and LOVES it. It's just the same ol' beaches to me! Have fun otherwise. I'm sure your arms aren't a problem. I get more insecure now (40lbs lighter then my HW) then any times before!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi! Hope it's okay if I join in on your chat!

Robot, you are right that January just flew by! I don't feel like I made as much progress as I wanted to, but I think I set a solid foundation for myself with some habits I am sticking with. My goal for February is also to work out regularly but so far I have only done one day. Tomorrow I'll do it for sure! Your vacation sounds awesome, I am totally jealous!

WormwoodDoll, sounds like you have a pretty good plan for yourself and I know adjusting to a new routine isn't easy at first, but you will do fine! You sound like you are really motivated, and once you establish a good routine, your habits will be in place to help you out. I just saw this quote the other day that made a lot of sense to me: "Motivation is what gets you started; habit is what keeps you going." It really hit me and I am working hard to establish habits that will help me when my motivation fails me.

Well, my goal for January was to eat out a lot less, and find healthy food that I actually like, and so I really did succeed in that, even though I only saw about a 2-4 pound loss (I don't know exactly where my weight was on Jan 1). This month my goal is to continue what I set in place in January and begin a real workout routine I can stick to. Day 3 and I haven't done much, so I really need to work on that.

Hope you are all having a great week so far. I am glad we are here to motivate and support each other. Thanks for letting me join your group!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hey ladeez!!

concur about the back on track theme-need to work actively towards improving my health (was out for so long due to back injury and pain)..umm..my schedule is STILL a mess. teaching early days and late nights..it is not working out for me! so i should address that.
good luck on changing ur routine wormwood- messy schedules really do mess w/lifestyle changes.
liked the quote-sunrose! i just wish good habits would magically form over
night and not require so much conscious effort and just plain WORK!
and yeah- it is weird how we did not used to take note of our bodies before we got started on our respective journies...my bod was like a blindspot to me..also becuz of i am queen of denial as to my overeating etc. just draw attention to ur attributes (uh, boobs )
Old 02-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm looking forward to getting my schedule together, too. I've figured out that I need time to study, eat, workout, and time to just relax and hang out or have fun. I'm so anal I made a spreadsheet lol, very colorful, too.

I'm just really concerned right now about eating out; I do so much of it and pay a lot of money for stuff that frankly I can make in my dorm for a fraction of the cost! Anyone have suggestions on where to hide my wallet or any ideas on discouraging take-out and delivery?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hi gypsy! i have the same problem. i have started keeping close tabs on my expenses and saw that what i spend on eating-out in a month equals a whole new outfit(including accessories!) the only thing that helps is to prepare ahead; have everything you need on stock and the time to prepare it. ugh. i usually do very well the first two weeks w/ menu planning, grocery shopping and cooking..but my tenacity peters out after that. super stressful when ur working&studying, right? so i heard somewhere to limit ur misc expenses money but not to deprive urself-so i put 5-10 bucks in a ziplock baggie and that is my eating out budget for the week. and now i make the time! spreadsheets and all (cept mine is v simple as i am pc illiterate ) good luck!

Last edited by jandaman; 02-06-2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-07-2009, 01:34 AM   #7  
Spud On The Run

S/C/G: 186/179.5/154

Height: 5'9

I am really struggling with my weight loss. I am eating well and exercising but really not losing much weight. I have however lost some centimetres around my waist and hips so I must be doing something right.

This month I really want to get a grasp on this whole weight loss business, what I need to be eating and how much exercise I need to be doing to be seeing the results I want to see on the scales.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey everyone!

Hope you are all having a good month so far.

I have been going to physio so my leg is getting better - I can't wait until I am given the go ahead to get back to exercising properly. I would like to get in shape and drop a dress size before my summer holidays.

I agree with all of you on the subject of routines . . . not been very good at that since Christmas . .
Old 02-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #9  
Here We Go Again

This week has been pretty bad for me. I took some time to get my cravings out of my system. I realized the more you ignore them, the more you just binge on things other then the food you craved.

I'm feelin' good and ready to hop back on the wagon. I realized that things just come naturally. When I eat breakfast I known my portions off hand and eat them without realizing and at lunch I do the same with my food and snacks. I just need to learn to avoid eating out and not having control of my dinner meals. I told my fiance to stop offering and just let me cook! I need to teach myself how to say no to him.

So I'm going to take another stab at a 4 week challenge starting tomorrow. Weighing just once every two weeks since I am starting a challenge that calls you to weigh in every week starting the 1st, eating OP, and getting a good amount of exercise. This will be close to the equinox challenge so that should be good.

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 02-07-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all having a great weekend! I love the weekends! I had a great walk today with my hubby and pretty much stayed on track with my eating, so I am feeling good. It sounds like we are all working on getting out schedules together and creating healthy habits and routines for ourselves. It sure can be difficult!

Jandaman - are you a teacher? I am just asking because I teach high school. It is a challenge, that's for sure!

Gypsey Severina - I hear you when it comes to eating out. That's probably my number one issue with my weight. There were times that my husband and I would eat out every day for months at a time! It's so easy to just slip back into that again, too. I guess the thing that helps me eat out less is to just plan, plan, plan. I know that if I don't plan, I will eat out! And trust me, I am still no expert on overcoming that obstacle!

Riayn - We are definitely on the same page. I really want to "get a grasp on this whole weight loss business", too. I love the way you said that. It's totally what I need to do!!!

mauvaisroux - Hope your leg heals up and you can get back into your routines soon!

WormwoodDoll - Sorry you had a rough week! But it really sounds like you learned something important and are ready to jump back on the wagon and go for it! I know you can do it!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:44 AM   #11  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

So far February isn't going so great for me. I spent the day on the couch watching 3 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies. I didn't exercise and I ate a lot of dessert.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 247/247/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey all,
I'm new around here and think I have just found "my people." lol. Anyway I'm right there with those of you who need o get back on the wagon. I took a year long detour and am ready to move my butt now.
I need to exercise. It's my dreaded task. That's my goal in finishing out the month.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #13  

Hi Glitter! I hope you'll join the Feb exercise thread here...the other ladies really do motivate me to just DO it!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

February is just a crappy month - no way around it! Winter is too long and it wears us down.

I broke down and ate three chocolate bars last week, and I had poutine the week before that. Ummm.. diet? follow? Partly it was the winter blahs, but mostly it was me feeling sorry for myself. DH was away on a business trip (sniff - missed him), and while he was away, I fell on some ice. I bruised both my knees and got a nice muscle spasm in my neck. Nothing that laid me up or anything serious, but enough to make me feel sorry for myself, and so the willpower went out the window.

I am feeling a lot better now and I can also feel myself getting back into a positive state for food and exercise. My dance class started back up and I have been getting a ton of extra lessons because I have a *very* small part in a show my instructor is participating in. The show will be fun and all, but it's the the extra lessons that are so great (and free) - I have four (!!!) lessons this week, and probably four next week. This is so much fun!

Wormwood and Robot - I get you on Florida! My parents moved there several years ago, and they loooove it. Not my kind of place, but it is warm...

BP
Old 02-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #15  
Here We Go Again

Welcome GlitterQueenRayne!

Good to see your getting back to normal, bopeep! I agree. It must be winter. It's been so nice out lately, I have no excuse not to get to the gym.

I started my 30 day challenge and I did it right. I ate > 1,600 calories and drank about 40 oz of water. No exercise though, but I'll be heading to the gym tonight. I'm feel a bit more confident. I wrote down the things I want to lose weight for and it's motivating me to stay on track. I want to be at 170 by the end of July (around my birthday). That's 50lbs ~ about 10 per month and if I put my whole heart into it, I know it will be doable.
Closed Thread