Old 01-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Default Scales are on a Seasaw??

I am curious to know if I am alone in this.

One week I lose 2.6 nest wek I gain 1.2 and the next week I gain .8 and then lose again and so on and so forth. I feel like the weeks when I really feel like I did everything just perfect don't work out on the scales. It is as though the scale is teetering and it won't let me just stay down.

Now I know you are all wondering "well are you following your guidelines are sticking to your points" and so on, the answer is yes.

Over the Holidays I gained 2.4 but I expected this. I weigh again on Saturday and I am expecting to lose something as I have been really focusing on filling foods and counting everything. My ultimate goal is 55 pounds and I am 19 pounds in....I just want to break 25 pounds for Godsake. I am being patient as I know when ever it does come off it will be gone forever so I am trying not to complain but other people just seem to lose consistently and not even focus as hard as I.

Am I alone in this? Any helpful tips?
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I'm not doing WW, but yes, my scale is a seesaw, for sure. I often find that my clothes fit better and I can even see changes in my body ... ahead of when the scale moves. Then the scale catches up without my body seeming to change.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/183/136

Yes, yes, yes...I call it two steps forward and one step back. It does seem that when I step up the exercise the losses are less but the inches go down. Then it seems the weight catches up to the inches. I try not to stress about it and just stick with the program. Hang in there!

-Phil
philadelphiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/158/140

Height: 5'7"

Do you weigh yourself around the same time with the same conditions? If I'm doing the weighing (as opposed to my official WW weigh in), I always try to weigh my self in the AM, nekid (every ounce counts!), and pre-shower. I try to keep consistent with the type of clothes I wear on weigh in day and how much food/water I take in before the weigh in. That way I know whatever gain or loss I have is more likely to be accurate....
Shrinking Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Shrink View Post
Do you weigh yourself around the same time with the same conditions? If I'm doing the weighing (as opposed to my official WW weigh in), I always try to weigh my self in the AM, nekid (every ounce counts!), and pre-shower. I try to keep consistent with the type of clothes I wear on weigh in day and how much food/water I take in before the weigh in. That way I know whatever gain or loss I have is more likely to be accurate....
Amen!! Totally Agree

CakeBatter-Please try not to stress too much about it, just remember your body is trying to adjust to all the good things you are doing. I know the scale is not always our best friend, but honestly the scale is just a small part of your journey.

One other thing I don't do the night before weigh-in is, eat anything with salt, that is for me, will always give me a gain.

Hang in there
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Institches21 View Post
Amen!! Totally Agree

One other thing I don't do the night before weigh-in is, eat anything with salt, that is for me, will always give me a gain.

Hang in there
Yeah I just learned the last time.

And I am pretty anal about eating the same things on weigh-in day but I guess the night befores plays a factor too. I don't weigh at home because I know I will be weighing everytime I see the dang thing. Well I weigh again on thursday. I have been watching every morsel and got some Turbo Jam in so hopefully it will reflect.

Thanks guys
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #7  

Default 1/2 pound in one day

I gained half a pound in one day. I didn't even eat all my points. I am wondering if the beef bullion cubes have too much salt and it is water retention. I even exercised yesterday morning.
charlottes web is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

You are NOT alone! I have had major fluctuations in my lbs lost. I think the responses above are very good advice. The only thing I'd add is that if you're exercising, try eating your activity points. I mentioned this in another thread, so sorry if anyone has already read that! But I just talked to my leader about this very issue, since I also have been extremely diligent about tracking, staying within my points, and choosing filling foods. She said that because I run, my body could not be getting enough calories and could be going into starvation mode, so she told me to try eating my APs this week. It may be worth a try!

Congratulations on your 19 lb loss so far- you should be really proud of yourself!
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #9  

I did weight watchers for 3 months and had a lot of fluctuations like this, but no real weight loss. I followed the rules. I tried to eat all my flex points. I tried only eating some of them. It didn't work for me. I'm now suspecting that I have insulin resistance. I'm working with my doctor to figure out why I'm not losing weight.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 291/261.8/150

Height: 5' 8"

I'm not on weight watchers but I am so happy I found this thread. I've been working out pretty consistantly and eating correctly about 99% of the time but the scale just wont go down and stay down. I seem to go down some high amount like 7 or 8 lbs....then 5 or 6 lbs comes back...then another big drop. It is really frustrating. My family says they see a huge difference in how I look and how my clothes fit but when the numbers don't show it I start feeling depressed.
ryverthorn is offline   Reply With Quote