Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat Feb. 2-8

A new month! One with a "chocolate" holiday! What kind of sweet stuff will you be eating/wearing/doing for V-Day?

I know it's technically not Feb. 2 but I have to leave the house at 6 a.m. tomorrow so I thought I'd start the thread a day early.

Have a great February all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #2  

Thumbs up Whew! Good scale!

I've been eating off plan so much in the last few weeks that I was literally afraid to step on the scale this morning.
I was sure that I would be up to or above 136 lbs.

I weigh 132.6. I guess all the slogging through snowbanks and the stress of the last few weeks has burned a lot of extra calories from my (not so big) dragging butt.

Both DH and I are chocoholics so Valentine's Day is our excuse to indulge. I am getting DH a small box of the best Belgian chocolate I have ever eaten. Hand made, small batches, fresh every day. Since I know he won't be able to get to this particular confectionery I'm also going to get my Valentine's chocolate there.

That will be my splurge for this month. I have been so close to goal for so long that I'm starting to feel a bit mentally deficient. I know I can lose the last 2.6 lbs by the end of February. Just a matter of making up my mind and doing it.

Someone else said it best - don't wish for it, work for it. That will be my motto for February.

Dagmar
Old 02-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

DAgmar ---Glad to hear that your indiscretions haven't shown up on the scale..........

It's been a good week, I'm participating in a BFL challenge and I'm liking it a lot ........
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Hi ladies!

I havent been on here as much because I have been busy finalizing my new apt. Yay! My bf and I are renting part of an old Victorian mansion in PA that was turned into a few apts. I am so excited to get my stuff out of my mothers and into our own place. We are so cramped right now! We are moving in on v day

I am down to 141 lbs right now. I have 9 more lbs to go to get to my goal.None of my jeans fit right now. They all hang off me, which has never happened.I cant wait to be in the 130's!

The bf is away in georgia for a week, so I have alot of me time. I am going to try to exercise more this week. Also have alot of other things to keep me busy, like packing .

Last edited by JerseyGirl83; 02-02-2009 at 08:31 AM.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Darn, I wish MY scale would go down. Nope, went up instead. Stupid, stupid scale.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #6  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

dagmar- i LOVE your motto for this month! it's the way i try to live but you say it really well i'll eat anything in the world i want as long as it evens out!

don't know my weight yet, weighing in tomorrow but also plan to take my measurements. i wish now i had done it when i was 155 but DON'T wish for the weight back to check it!! haha i'll just start from here and see where i'm at. the big thing is that i can totally SEE that my waist, thighs, and ARMS are smaller. yayy!

jersey girl- that happened to me a couple weeks ago! i went to a club with some friends and i felt like i looked horrible... not because i was fat but because all my "cute bar jeans" like hung off me!! so i went shopping and found out i was down TWO sizes. i was so happy i bought like 7 pair of pants to reward myself. then promptly came home and donated the ones that were too big so i can't wear them ever again

i was at 136 last week and HOPE for another loss but i partied a LOT this weekend! i will be seriously happy even just to not gain. i'm still eating pretty well, my goal for feb is to exercise more! i HATE doing it but i KNOW it's making me hotter

Last edited by corazonas; 02-02-2009 at 12:15 PM.
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I didn't think I was going to lose anything at all this month. I've gotten lazy and I've been eating out for lunch most days, and not always cooking up my usual veggie-rich dinners. Not horrible, but not great. But, I lost 2 pounds in the last couple days. I still need to eat better though. That's a lifelong necessity, regardless of weight. I'm going to start some strength training one of these days, so that will probably slow me down at first too.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #8  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

JerseyGirl83 - where in PA? I live in PA, too. I know of an area with some beautiful Victorians, I was wondering if it was the same place. I spent some time in the Mainline area and the houses there just blow my mind!

Anyway, things have been going well for me this week. I've decided to amend my long term goal because of my progress lately to 130 by Christmas. The sooner I get to 140 the longer I'll be in maintenance mode, which is fine by me! I'm keeping 140 in my ticker for now, until I get there.

I'm having the same clothing problems right now. I've retired all of my 12s and I might have to go shopping and retire my 10s soon!! I got tired of looking awful in my size 12 jeans so I went shopping and I bought two pairs of size 8 jeans! I was floored. I haven't been in the single digits since I was a freshman in college!! I'd love to be able to fit into Juniors again, but I highly doubt I have the hips/butt for that. I've got some childbearing hips on me, which I love, but it makes clothes shopping frustrating sometimes.
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominodreams View Post
JerseyGirl83 - where in PA? I live in PA, too. I know of an area with some beautiful Victorians, I was wondering if it was the same place. I spent some time in the Mainline area and the houses there just blow my mind!
In royersford. Near KOP. is that the main line? I am not really familiar with the area. (I just know theres a nice mall and a target which pretty much is all i need). Its really quiet, which is what we wanted. No more manhattan craziness for us!!

I am going to hold off on the jean shopping till march. The jeans I prefer are way too much to be buying in between. I would rather purchase at my goal. And the jeans I have now I am saving for my best friend as a reward if she loses the weight she want to.

Today as a treat to myself I got my eyebrows threaded. My goal was to grow them out to make them thicker (after overplucking since 5th grade) but they grew in so crazy I finally had to give in an get them reshaped. They look great.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #10  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl83 View Post
In royersford. Near KOP. is that the main line? I am not really familiar with the area. (I just know theres a nice mall and a target which pretty much is all i need). Its really quiet, which is what we wanted. No more manhattan craziness for us!!
Not quite the Mainline. That's the area down near Bryn Mawr and Gladwyne, and all those other areas with weird names. It's known for having absolutely massive, beautiful multi-million dollar houses. If you have time you should just take a drive down there and check them out. The driving is really nice, too, if you like those winding roads up and down rolling hills.

I live in Norristown, so I'm pretty near you!
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #11  

Height: 5'2"

For this week, and the next, I`m going to watch what I eat so that I can feel comfortable "gorging" on V-Day.

My boyfriend and I have planned a nice, quiet dinner together. He is going to cook steak on the grill, some other things, while I`m going to make both a mushroom risotto and creme brulee for dessert (his mom gave me a cooking torch for Christmas).

Afterward, we'll probably get dressed into something less chic (I plan on wearing a cute new dress I bought yesterday), then maybe watch a movie at his house, or walk down to the bowling alley, which will burn some calories.

Either way, it's our first Valentine's Day together and I really want it to be romantic and low-key. Who knows what will actually happen, he's being kind of secretive.

Today is also my first day on 3FC, so tomorrow, I plan on starting my diet. I`m not going to weigh myself for at least a couple of weeks, that way I don't obsess. But I figure that 10 lbs is a good goal.

Last edited by emielli; 02-02-2009 at 09:02 PM.
emielli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #12  

Dagmar, I like your motto too! Emielli making your own creme brulee sounds fun, I would love to try that!

My fiance and I are planning a trip to Santa Barbara for Valentine's Day weekend, also stopping in San Luis Obispo to visit friends and going on a tour of the Hearst Castle. We will probably eat out a couple times, but if I can stay away from the chocolate I should be okay!

January was my first month dieting and I've officially lost 5lbs! I'm now doing a combination of South Beach Diet and calorie counting, along with exercise at least 3 times per week.

I don't have clothes hanging off me yet, because I kept buying pants just a little too tight because I thought I'd lose the weight! Now I can fit into all my pants perfectly. A funny thing happened the other day, I grabbed my favorite pair of jeans and threw them on and a few minutes later I realized they weren't my favorite comfy jeans but another pair that was previously very tight! I've lost most of my weight in my "love handles" so far, so I guess that's why things fit better. Hoping to lose weight in my stomach next!
mctinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #13  

mctinez on losing the 5 lbs. Isn't it a great feeling to put on something (formerly tight) from your closet that now fits perfectly?

I'm sure you'll continue your success this month! And your Valentine's plans sound lovely.

My DH doesn't believe in Valentine's. He was quite romantic 14 years ago when we got together but that disappeared rather early on. His birthday is two days before V-day too so the two events kinda combined over the years.

I sometimes wish he'd surprise me with roses or candy but I know his heart's not in it. I give him a card and chocolate every year but that just makes him feel obligated.

So I'm buying my own candy and flowers. At least I believe I'm worth it!

Dagmar
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #14  

Dagmar, you are worth it!

I wish my bf would be romantic from time to time. I know he loves me, and he always shows me it with affection and I love yous, but every girl still wants her man to go out of his way to show her some romance ya know. I dont think he even knew v day was that big of a deal, until I said something like 2 weeks ago lol.I got him a book on the science of perfume making and a bottle of this cologne from france.My bf is really into the art and science of perfume making. Oh and I got him a box of lil debbie v day cakes.

My valentines day plans consist of moving and unpacking...oh and cleaning lol

I am down another lb. 1 more lb and I will be in the 130's!

My new fav snacks are laughing cow cheese and celery, and vita brownies. They are both really satisfying my cravings for cheese and chocolate.

Last edited by JerseyGirl83; 02-04-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #15  
~FaBulOuS~

S/C/G: 195/159/155

Height: 5'8

For this Vday I am going to spend it with my father at the SU vs Georgetown Game!! I am so excited. I have started Jillians 30DS and am going to be an angel this month to make sure that I can have that one day to indulge on beers LOL! Come on, can't pass up the opportunity to tailgate with dad!!! BF isn't happy that I am taking dad instead of him but I had too. Dad and I don't really have a common ground unless it comes to Syracuse Basketball! LOL! I am so excited! Hopefully I will get some good pictures!
meldogml84 is offline   Reply With Quote