Old 02-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Default Are you a Biggest Loser watcher? OT kinda

Ok, I know that this is reality TV.......heavy on the TV. And I know it is not realistic of healthy at all........

having said that I love the show, I do find inspiration in watching it...anyone with me?

What I absolutely LOVED last night was when many of the contestants that had been home for 30 days weighed in. I lost MORE than most of them did in the last 30 days! SO THERE! I can do it, and they dare to say they worked out 3-4 hours a day.......no way!

I have not worked out at all, and have lost 10 pounds in a month, and I started in December.......so there is non of that "water weight" theory in those 10 pounds. SO I just wonder what I can do when I work out??? I am still pondering, not ready to make that jump..........but pondering.

Last edited by Redflame; 02-04-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I don't watch it often, even though I like it. My hubby hates it. But, I watched last night and I particularly liked what the trainers were saying about how the weight losses on the show are not normal. That people at home should not expect to lose that much in a week. I think that sometimes we lose sight of the fact that there whole life at the ranch is working out and eating right.

As for the working out for you, I would suggest just walking to start out. Then you can always add more. But, unless there are physical problems that would keep you from it, walking is something you can do at your own speed, building up as you go.

Obviously, I am not an expert! Ha! That's just my thought. Good for you with your weight loss so far!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #3  

Height: 5ft6'

I love it. It isn't supposed to be a reflection of normal weightloss at home. they even said last night that it was like the weight loss olympics! It is their job to lose weight for that time. But yes it can be acheived in realistic amounts at home.

I'm so glad that Joelle went home. To be teher and loose nothing...then say you worked harder than ever. I don't think so. That girl was one big walking excuse. And i think Carla will do great at home just like she had been.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #4  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

I love TBL and was so glad that Joelle went home, she really bugged me! I find TBL to be so inspiring!
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I love this show too! Joelle really bugged me to but then I started thinking about it and I think she just wasn't ready to face her issues, she went on the show to win money and she just couldn't face her issues because obviously she couldn't push herself as far as some of the others, so she's blocked in some way. I was really upset by the flack she got, if someone *****ed me out like that and I was getting it from all sides I would feel so horrible and I dont' think I would do very well. I was really disappointed in how she was treated and especially at the end when they kept saying they loved Carla and no one even said goodbye to Joelle. No one deserves to be treated like that. She's a human being!

Other than that I love the show and I would have a hard time choosing which trainer I'd want. I do wish they'd focus a bit more on their diets.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249.9/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

I love it. I have been watching it for a long time. I was glad that Joelle went home, but I was annoyed at the one yellow team member that was giving Joelle ****, but she had only lost 2 lbs at home. I just wanted to scream at her! She had no right saying a word to Joelle, since it was obvious she barely did a thing in 30 days at home. I agree that Joelle just wasn't in the right mind set, and just couldn't get to that place mentally. I am hoping she does better at home.

Last edited by autumns19; 02-04-2009 at 02:49 PM.
autumns19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #7  

Height: 5ft6'

I'm not a big fan of the yellow team. The sister that was home said she was in the gym 4-5 hours a day. Magine! She would have to eat for the entire rest of the 20 hours in the day to only loose 2lbs if she did 4 hours of exercise everyday. Then getting on Joelle's case. totally know what ya mean. She did come back and loose like 10 though so at least shes doing the work there.

My personal favs right now are the blue team, Sione & Filipe, the green team Laura and Tara (Tara reminds me of myself I love her lol) and the purple team Kristen and kathy.

My fav trainer...I dunno I like both of them in different ways.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 249.9/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

The blue team is awesome! What is going on with Ron? Does he have some knee problems or something? They don't really show him working out too much. I see him walk on the treadmill and do some weights, but not much else. I also love the purple team, and think Kristen is a sweetheart. I do miss Dan, though. He was such a sweet kid, but I am sure he will do great at home.
autumns19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #9  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

i only watch a couple shows a week, and tbl is definiltely one of my faves. i also like the blue team. they're fun guys. i like the pink team. i think they have a really good relationship. and i like the green team bacause they are both sweethearts , and they are really working hard. you can tell they're ready to do this! i feel bad for carla because she was working really hard too. unfortunately, joelle wasn't. looking forward to next week!
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

What I like about the show is that they people on it are relatable. I'm in the same situation as them and looking for change. It's nice to see them succeed even if it's in such an extreme situation that couldn't be copied at home. I just want to see these people do it, that is what gives me hope.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

I love TBL. I don't miss an episode. My favorite teams are the blue team and the purple team. The guys on the blue team crack me up and the ladies on the purple team seem SO SWEET!
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/240/140

Height: 5'4"

I love TBL too. I find it helps keep me focused on my goals. Right now when I'm just starting up again I need all the inspiration I can get! I even watch the Australian Biggest Loser on their website! That one's only an hour long but it's on every day!
Stonespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 262/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I love that show - it is like an injection of inspiration for me.

I loved that they had Joelle accountable last night....

But, what I really loved was during the first weigh-in last night, when Bob and Jillian gave the "don't sugar-coat it" speech. That was like the no-holds barred, no kiddng - this is it speech. I was kind of surprised by Jillian saying that "Gaining muscle, losing inches and not losing weight on the scales" being crap.... Did anyone else seem surprised by that?

Last edited by Randi; 02-04-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #14  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

I'm totally rooting for Jerry and Estella (the older couple) to come back on the finale and take the money for losing the most at home.

My problem right now is that I like everyone at ranch after this week, I don't know who I would want voted off next week. I'm sure the producers will produce another villain this season though, I have hope!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

TBL is awesome and very inspirational. I know their weight loss is not "typical" but it still motivates me. Im glad they said that the results aren't normal for people doing it at home. I also wish they focused more on the diet part. I think Joelle was probably just scared of the camera's and freaked out that every one was against her. She kind of annoyed me though. She always just looked totally cofused, LOL. I like the green team too I think i would like Bob as my trainer. Jillian sort of scares me
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote