Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 09:28 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Smile Five-Pound Challenge #5

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15, DOWN 1.5

ANAGRAM, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 4

BABETTE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15

BYRD, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 16, DOWN 1

BOBSGAL, 3ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 1

DOLLAR, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 24, DOWN .2

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 14*
*She hath no scale but is in SIZE 10 now

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 14

KAYLETS, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30, DOWN 2

LEGGS02, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18

PUNKINSEED, SIX DOWN BY OCT. 7

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 25, DOWN 3

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 23

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 2

Old 09-15-2002, 12:16 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Well, Amarantha MIGHT be discouraged if she did not keep records and did not realize she hath the metabolism of a sea cow! She is UP a half pound and is closing out her five-pound challenge at 164, realizing that on July 14, she weighed 168, so her net loss since before starting the 5-pound challenge is four pounds!!! Also, that once upon a time she weighed 247 (went down to approximately 147-something and is now going in the wrong direction; her ultimate goal is as always 135). She also realizeth THAT she hath brought her average calories for the past three weeks (Blue Moon Initiative ... don't ask, it's complicated) to 1855 from much higher. Last week's average was 1784. She burned 2020 in exercise calories. Her clothes are looser SO if the *&&& scale refuseth to move, SHE IS NOT DISCOURAGED BECAUSE IT ******* WILL!!!!

Now, Amarantha could just go away mad and forget her commitment to reach that ******* goal and become all introverted and miserable, but she hath been in long converse with Elbertine Pep by cell phone and she hath decided the fight against returning to her former weight, which was evil for her heart, soul and body, IS WORTH DOING! So for her Green Moon Initiative (aka, the time period of her new block on the 21-day challenge, she maketh also a new challenge to herself to lose FIVE POUNDS by Oct. 6. That's pushing it a bit, but SHE WILL DO IT BECAUSE SHE HATH THE POWER O'FIVE!!!

List update followeth again!!! Guinever, in case you didn't see the last post on other thread, what dost thou wish Amarantha to put on your challenge, since you don't have a scale? You are an inspiration to me as you are adapting to circumstances and keeping your commitment to health and today I RAN (aka jogged) for about five minutes in a 25-minute walk and thought of you!!!
Old 09-15-2002, 12:20 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 6

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY ????*
*She hath no scale but is in SIZE 10 now

Old 09-15-2002, 02:38 PM   #4  
Opera Diva

Wow Empress A - I'm flattered! Running is one of the hardest things I've ever learned to do, so it never ceases to amaze me when other people decide to start! I love it! And don't feel discouraged by what a stupid scale says - they can be A: Wrong, B: Hateful, or C: Not measuring your muscle/fat ratio as one would like.

I guess for my next challange, I'll try something a little different. Since there is a scale at the gym, I'll just weigh myself with the same clothes each week and only moniter the loss instead of my actually weight. I'll set my goal for October 7th. That should give me plenty o' time!

Good job everyone! Don't feel bad if you gave in to some weekend tempations, I know I did - it's a new week and a new start.

Genevieve
Old 09-15-2002, 03:27 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Ok, Guinever, you are on!!! List followeth! You are right IT'S A NEW START! Run on! As for me, I'll be like The Penquin who used to write for Runner's World, I'll "waddle on!"

I need to work, work, work today and so far I'm not doing it! But eating is good and no desire to binge. Bye now!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 09-15-2002 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:40 PM   #6  
Empress/Queen

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 7

Old 09-15-2002, 04:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Well ladies, this week I have no loss to report, but I did maintain so that's good. I'm not upset since I did have a big loss last week. I still have 2 weeks to make my goal so we'll see what happens.
Steph
Old 09-15-2002, 05:25 PM   #8  
wsw

hi! i lost 2 lbs. this past week, which for me, is pretty good.

amarantha- wow! it is terrific that you have kept so much of the weight off which you originally lost. that is a great accomplishment to be proud of!

well, i wish you all a pleasant remainder of your weekend. have a good evening.

wsw
Old 09-15-2002, 10:36 PM   #9  

Hi Ladies
well Im not sure what kind ow week I will have I have been burning the candle at both ends for the last few days and I can't say that my eating has been great. No real junk but not as balanced as ussual and my tummy is not impressed with me. Ate breakfast out this mornignon my way to the airport to pick up relatives, not the best thing to do but thats ok. then i did crackers and cheese and polish coil and kalbasa i did find a low fat turkey one and low fat crackers and cheese. (when I went shopping for the food I bought for me first then everyone else) I did a vegie platter and fruit. I did not indulge in the cake. For dinner I went to my brothers and he made salad chicken with the skin removed and vegies so that was good. So maybe I will have maintained or perhaps gone up a bit but given my week I can accept whatever comes my way. Well till Tues weigh in have a ggod week I'll be back then.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:25 PM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Dollar: Sounds like you are doing ok despite your hectic few days! What a great line that is: "I DID NOT INDULGE IN THE CAKE! That's a real achievement.

GOOD NEWS! WSW HATH SENT TWO PACKING ... good for her!!! Updated list followeth!

Bobsgal hath MAINTAINED this week!!! Maintenance is GOOD, Bobsgale and thou should be highly commended!!!

Yo, Power O' Fivers, Amarantha hath finally finished her work and is falling asleep. She will skip the Leslie-A-Day, having exercised 60 minutes (pole walking) and eaten 1780 calories. She issueth herself a Leslie exemption. Too cheerful by half is Leslie and Amarantha must sleep!

Old 09-15-2002, 11:28 PM   #11  
Empress/Queen

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 4

Old 09-16-2002, 06:03 AM   #12  

Smile Monday am

I can report 1lb lost- am glad I weigh in as early as I do as it is very very humid here and I feel like a sponge absorbing the humidity. I know it's probably all in my imagination but the air is very heavy -

Am glad for the 1lb as I guessed I might maintain since the past few weeks were big (for me) 2lb losses. Am also expecting the heavier muscle vs. fat ratio to show itself eventually.

But all in all, as our Empress points out, each day lends itself to the next and even small numbers add up to LOSS.

And don't forget what the snail said as he rode on the turtle's back , "Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!"

Dollar, good for you, buying for yourself first!! YOU DESERVE IT!
We ALL deserve it -
Old 09-16-2002, 10:13 AM   #13  
Empress/Queen

Default "Wheee" ... WE PROGRESS!!!!

KAYLETS, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30, DOWN 3

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 4

Old 09-16-2002, 10:24 AM   #14  
Empress/Queen

GOOD NEWS!!!! KAYLETS o' Meditations hat chased a POUND O' SILLY DANCING FAT OUTTA OUR TERRITORY!!! Woo-hoo! Update is above!

Running late; Amarantha's challenge for today is a business lunch at a Mexican restaurant. She's taking her Calorie King counter and sticking strictly to business here (the REAL business of her existence, which though she hates admitting it, is to keep her body fit and healthy AND at a desirable weight, for without this ... as she's learned from her past life ... there IS no existence for her, so it MUST be a focus).

Kaylets: Congratulations again! You are doing fantastically!

Old 09-16-2002, 12:14 PM   #15  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all!

Amarantha - Ooooh, but the scale only shows part of the story! Your clothes are looser???? THAT is a victory!!!

Dollar - It sounds like you made some awsome choices. I hope you enjoyed your visit with family!

wsw - Congrats fellow looser!

Kaylets - 1 pound, buh-BYE!!!!

Bittersweet day... I'm down 2 pounds, thrilled to be in the 220's FINALLY and then when I got to work this morning I noticed my 14 year old fish had passed over the weekend sometime....

My 2 pound loss puts me into the next decade of numbers - 220's!!!! While watching my poor, poor 49ers this weekend I had the realization that I FINALLY weighed less than most of the people on the team!!! Silly thing to be happy to weigh less than a linebacker, but this time last year I weighed MORE than a good portion of them!

I only got 1 of my decks done. My back's gone out so bad that I can't hardly put weight on my left leg. Chiropractor appointment at 3pm today, then home for ice and heat!

My fishy, Pirahna was a Jack Dempsy cichlid This fish has been with me FOREVER - literally almost 1/2 as long as I've been alive. She was a tiny little thing when my Mom was still living in CA and my best friend was pregnant with her daughter who's now 11. Piranah moved with me when my husband and I moved out together in '92 and she survived jumping out of the tank and living on the carpet for who knows how long before I came home, found her and threw her dried body back in the tank. When we had to move in with his parents she came along even though my MIL was strongly against any pet of mine. When I divorced, she survived 12 hours in the car in a 1/4 tank of water strapped into my passenger seat on the drive to Oregon. She'd been blind for about the last 4 years and you had to tap on the lid to let her know food was up there. To the best we could figure she was over 14 years old.
So, I lost my not-so-little fish (she was about 5 inches long) and I feel a little silly, but I'm sad.

I wish her well and thank her for being around with me through so many of my life's journeys.

Terri
Closed Thread