Old 02-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/227/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default I hit a wall...any advice?

I'm really frustrated the last 2 weeks...I stopped losing and actually gained some. I am still following the weight watchers points and sweating my butt off on the treadmill 4-5 days a week...Anyone else going thru this? any suggestions?

I have started looking at weight loss pills...I was looking at alli, but I don't want to carry spare panties with me in my purse!! Plus I know they won't do much good.
bonfire817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #2  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

How is your water and/or salt intake?

Also I seem to always do better when I'm eating more natural foods like turkey on a pita vs my favorite Triscuits or other processed foods.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #3  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hi Bonfire - All I know or what I have learned is the body becomes complacent or should I say 'adapts' to conditions. It adapts to the food or caloric intake and also your workouts. You need to constantly keep the body guessing. In doing this you need to change your workouts consistently. For example if you walk - ride a bike instead, or incorporate different strength training, or swimming. You need to change it up every other week or so. In regards to caloric intake, this too needs to be changed up. I learned that if I came complacent at 1500 calories, I need to shake it up and eat 1800 calories for a few days, then drop it to 1500 for 2 days and then shake it up again. This keeps the body guessing and weird as it is - I started dropping weight again!

Hope this helps.

Sandy

blog = www.mygritsconfessions.com
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I immediately go into freak out mode when I stop losing or- gasp!- gain a little for no reason. I really do have to talk myself off the ledge. Usually, I take the following actions:

1. I don't typically track my calories religiously, but I will start tracking with the Daily Plate so I can trouble shoot. Sometimes I find that my macros are out of whack and I'm eating too many carbs.

2. I mix up my workout. If I haven't been doing intervals, I'll start them up again (this is REALLY effective). Also, I will cut the strength training a little and up my cardio and I will mix it up between running and the elliptical. If you don't run, you could try going from walking to the elliptical to the stair climber to the bike, or whatever it is that you do for cardio.

3. I find that I'm not drinking enough water, so I will up my intake.

4. Look for the little stuff. Try not eating too close to bed time for a few days. I've found that this is a bit of a hinderance for me. For some reason, my body holds on to food I eat later in the evening.

Hope this helps Stalls suck, plain and simple.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

a few things I would check would be sodium and hidden calories. also portions.
as far as alli goes.......there is no need for extra panties if yoi follow the plan and don't cheat. I was on it for 7 weeks and loved it. will go back to it when off of a different med that does not tolerate extreme low fat intake.

sorry for typps. posting on my pda
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #6  

Wow you girls are great. Thank you!! Rodeogirl, now that I think about it, I probably haven't been drinking enough water, so I will up that. Mygrits...I one of my friends was talking about that upping cals then lowering them. I'm not sure how I could do that with the weight watchers tho. I do have an "eat what I want day" but mostly use the "bonus 35 points" for the week. Maybe I should go back to counting cals/fat/sodium...that's how I started out and it seemed to be working, the points just seemed easier. Thanks again ladies!!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Bonfire,

I agree with Junebug on everything, especially switching up a workout (adding some different weight training exercises worked wonders for me). When I was steadily losing, I also made a huge effort to not eat to close to bedtime. If I did, it was a big bowl of vegis like steamed broccoli or fresh bell peppers. You will see a big difference on the scale within a week using those a mainstay snacks. Upping and lowering calories a bunch never worked for me. I slowly lowered my caloric intake from 27 points at 184 pounds to 20-22 points at 145 pounds. I was never able to fully take advantage of the 35 points. I would maybe use about 15 of them, but if I used them all, I would see next to nothing weight loss.

I did 30-day Shred, Jillian Michaels, and that really helped when I hit a wall at 170 pounds. Definitely try some weight training. It will help you burn a lot more calories throughout the day.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:14 AM   #8  

I think junebug hit alot of really good points.

My only advice to add to all this is please don't give up!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Bonfire, have you asked over in the Weight Watchers forum? Those chicks might be able to help.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #10  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

There was a really great thread a while back about motivation vs. commitment and I think about that a lot when I hit a wall. Because you will. and usually again and again.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #11  

I think you are right about the extra points mamaspank. I am going to stop the extra points. I think I am also going to try weight training. I have been doing interval training on the treadmill and trying to change that up daily, but I think it is maybe just not enough of a change. Thanks for all the great advice every1!!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #12  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Also, with Alli, you don't have to carry extra panties as long as you are on plan. I combine Alli with WW and I've been fine unless I cheat.

I definitely agree with everyone else. I know I personally try not to use the extra points. If I do, I try not to use less than 10 although I don't kill myself if I do use all of them.

If you do want to up the points and lower them, go to the WW forum here and look at the Wendie plan.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #13  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I agree with the others! You've gotten some great advice to try
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote