Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for Valentine February

Happy February 1st!!
This is the month to BEWARE! There will be chocolates everywhere we look.
Jeanne is always surrounded by them. This month we'll understand her plight.

If you are new here, please come in and join us. We follow a healthy eating plan and enjoy talking, a lot.

Tina
Old 02-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #2  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Susan!!!! Hi! I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE TO BE YOUR "AVON LADY"!!!! You can order from my web site & it will be shipped right to your door. Free shipping on your first order and I believe the s&h is very minimal anyways. If you are interested just go to http://www.youravon.com/jramelli, register and shop! (haha)!! And just to let you know, when you get to the check-out it doesn't show your discounts or sales, but go one more step and then ta da - it appears!

Tammy - ok. I'm gonna try it all over my body too! haha!

Amy - Hello & WELCOME to our wonderful little spot in the world! We love it here and hope you will too!

Hi Tina!!!! Soooooo glad you are feeling better!

The tea party went beautifully! If I knew how, I'd post a picture or two!

GO STEELERS!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

PS - there will be 2 AVON commericials tonight. One right after the National Athem sung by Jennifer Hudson (our spokesperson) and one later in the night. Maybe the end?!?!?
I might have told you that already in the January thread, if so, sorry!

Have a great superbowl night!!!!! Cheer my team on girls!

Last edited by jar1965; 02-01-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #3  
Susan

I have just settled in for the evening.... meaning I'm planted in the recliner. Pat's on the couch ( just had his pain meds and will be out soon). Got the game on. And I have no plans on doing much of anything.

Jeanne, I saw the Avon commerical. Great you will be my Avon Lady!!!! I remember the lady that would come to our house when I was in high school. Mom would buy stuff and I would too.

I went to the gym today. Didn't want to but made myself. I feel so much better now. I bought some Pop Chips. They were yummy!!!!! I'm getting them again and only 100 calories for the whole bag. I was starving.

Tina, thanks for starting us off. Hard to believe it's another month already!!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:56 AM   #4  
jeanne

Woooooosh! What a football game!!!!:

Last edited by jar1965; 02-02-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #5  

Tina, the chocolate is one thing I miss about teaching around Valentine's Day. There were always goodies around. I rarely buy candy to have around the house. Every now and then Bob would bring some home, but that was year round.

Susan, planted in the recliner sounded like a good thing! I didn't do much of anything yesterday, but I was up and at the Y this morning. Leaving soon to go again for yoga.

Jeanne, the game was a good one! And who were you rooting for??????? HA!

When I go to my yoga class, Tim is going to the Y with me. After my class, he plans to show me how to use some of the machines in the cardio room. Hope I'm still able to move after yoga!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:37 AM   #6  
jeanne

Morning ladies! Well finally TOM has arrived and I can leave the PMS stuff behind me! haha! Honestly............I was so NOT OP for the last 4 days! I haven't even walked near the scale! I will wait till Thursday to check my weight........but I'll be happy if I stayed the same this week! Ahhhhh!

Hope you are having a great week so far! I'm glad Monday is over. Today we get orders in at work and then after work I have an AVON meeting an hour and a half away! So it should go fast - and I'm OFF TOMORROW!!! Woohooo~ Going to get my nails done tomorrow and just resting! haha - like I work so hard! shhhhhh!

Well have a great day and stay warm!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #7  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Hello ladies. Sorry not not checking in for a long period of time.

Things have a been a bit hectic, but then again that's really nothing new in my busy life. However, I will do a quick update.

I went to the dr's on the 19th to have blood work done. He wanted to check my iron, sugar, and cholesterol. Well needless to say my bad cholesterol is 180 and the normal level is 100. For every point you're over there is a 2% chance of you developing heart disease. So as you can probably figure out I'm a little worried. He has suggested a diet based off the glycemic index and also suggested the South Beach Diet. As of now I don't have to take medicine, but I need to significantly modify my diet and eating habits. I went and bought all the food for the SBC, but have yet to follow through on it. I'm not eating to unhealthy, but I realize changes must be done if I plan on being around to see my kids grow up. I really don't want to die from a disease I could have prevented.

School and everything else is going fine. Teresa's birthday was yesterday and we had her party on Sunday. Mine is Friday and I think Justin is planning on taking me out to dinner and a movie. We'll see what happens.

By the way, I missed you gals.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #8  
jeanne

Hi Dori!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo nice to see you!!!! We've missed you too! Good Luck with South Beach! You can do it!!!!! Listen to your doctor and take care!!!

Happy belated birthday to Teresa!!!!

Talk to you soon!
Old 02-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #9  

Jeanne, I'm with you about hoping to stay the same at weigh in. I feel so totally bloated up today. I've been doing well on the eating, so I'm not sure what's up.

Dori, glad to hear from you! Take care and know that we are here rooting for you to do well on your new eating plan. You can do it! Rah! Rah! Rah! Let's get that cholesterol number down!! Keep us posted on how things are going. Have a Happy Birthday on Friday, and enjoy yourself!

More snow in our forecast. This morning the town finally removed the mountain of snow in our cul-de-sac from the last couple of weeks. I want warm weather and no snow.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Dori, it's sooooo great to hear from you. Do get yourself on that diet so you will get that cholesteral level down to normal. Your birthday plans sound great. Happy Belated Birthday to Teresa.

Jeanne, I know you enjoyed seeing your Steelers win!

Tammy, more snow! Yuck!!! What happened to Global Warming???

Susan, how is Pat? How are you feeling???

Maureen, how is Canada?

I haven't been posting because I've felt yucky. My stomach was so sore after the "c" and I've been trying to take it easy. Tomorrow I'll call the doctor's nurse and tell her and, hopefully, get my biopsy results.
I have been OP.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #11  
jeanne

Hi! Just a quick fly by to see how everyone is and say hello!
I think I'm going to pass on my WI tomorrow!!!! Good Luck to everyone else though!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #12  

Tina, my thoughts exactly on the Global Warming! It is 2 degrees here right now, and it was below zero most of the night.

Did you get to talk to your doctor yesterday? Good thoughts to you!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Brrrr..... to the cold weather. When it gets below 40 here, I'm freezing.

Great news here---I called the doctor's nurse and found out No Cancer!!!!! The place was the precancerous type. So, I go back in 5 years for another test.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your support and prayers.

To treat myself, I'm going for a pedicure today.

Everyone have a wonderful day and be sure to weigh-in. Tammy has started our February thread.
Please post even if you are "thinking about' weighing. We all need support.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #14  
jeanne

YAY TINA!!! woohooo woohooo woohoo!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #15  

Tina, you have to be so relieved about the diagnosis! How was the pedicure?

I just returned from the Y. Wow! It was a great workout. 60 minutes of that class 3 days a week, 60 minutes of Yoga 1 day a week. You'd think I'd be losing faster. We get measured on the 16th, so maybe I'll show some change there. That would be great.

I have reflexology and a haircut later today. Then nothing!
Closed Thread