Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #1  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Default Pb2?

Okay so there are no places around me that sell the stuff and i am super curious about it. Can anyone give me some insite on it? Does it taste good? or decent? I wasnt necessarily thinking of using it as actual peanutbutter but more of in a protein shake for a peanutbuttery chocolate flavor. Has anyone out there tried it? What are your thoughts? If i order it form the website i have to order 4 containers at a time at $15 is not really expensive for it but i dont want to buy it w/o hearing some feedback.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

I am also contemplating ordering the PB2. I really love my Smuckers natural peanut butter but I would love to save more fat calories!
azmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

What is PB2? Also for those who love natural peanut butter how long did it take you to adjust to the taste and consistency or was it just an instant thing.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #4  
Workin' It

I tried natural peanut butter and never got used to it, so I switched back. That was about five months ago, and my tastes have changed a little, so I'm thinking about trying it again.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I tried natural peanut butter and never got used to it, so I switched back. That was about five months ago, and my tastes have changed a little, so I'm thinking about trying it again.
oh I'm so tempted to go back but I need the source of "good" fat.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #6  
Workin' It

I did have fresh ground peanut and almond butter from the local Whole Foods market and that was much better than the natural I bought in the jar - do you have anywhere near you that can grind it fresh?

I love peanut butter, I eat a little every day. I wish I liked the natural better or that I was in the area of the Whole Foods more often... There was a thread somewhere where Photo Chick talked about making her own nut butter in a food processor I think, I may see if I can find it...
Old 12-12-2008, 12:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRn View Post
What is PB2? Also for those who love natural peanut butter how long did it take you to adjust to the taste and consistency or was it just an instant thing.
I loved it right away. This was long before I got into healthy eating.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I did have fresh ground peanut and almond butter from the local Whole Foods market and that was much better than the natural I bought in the jar - do you have anywhere near you that can grind it fresh?

I love peanut butter, I eat a little every day. I wish I liked the natural better or that I was in the area of the Whole Foods more often... There was a thread somewhere where Photo Chick talked about making her own nut butter in a food processor I think, I may see if I can find it...
I do have food processor, making my own sounds really good, I hope you find that thread. Unfortunately there is no whole foods by me which is sad because I used to live very close to one.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #9  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinSoldier View Post
Well...I don't usually post on forums, but there's no better thread to start in than a peanut butter one, right? ;-)

I just have a cheap food processor, but often make peanut & other nut butters in it, no oil added. Just dry roast them (with the edible peanut husk still on for extra fibre), dump them in the food processor, & blend. For the first few minutes, it's slow going & you have to keep scraping the mutilated nuts down from the sides & from under the blades, but after maybe 10 minutes of this, you start seeing natural oils released & within about another 5 minutes, it becomes like a paste/goop. I guess you could add a little salt &/or sugar, but that's what I don't like about bought peanut butters (too salty/sweet), so I just leave it. I love it as an occasional thing on multigrain, whole wheat bread/toast, & it also goes great on banana. I'll have to try the apple thing someone mentioned (so sorry, I've forgotten who).

If I want crunchy nut butter, just reserve a few nuts (take the peanut husk off for this bit), roll them up in a clean tea-towel & take to them with a meat mallet till they're in small pieces. Then, just mix through the nut butter before refrigerating the lot. Crunchy or smooth, nut butters last a fair time in the fridge.

Hope that helps some. Happy experimenting :-)

And...I really admire you all. Congrats on your determination & losses, everyone.
Okay found this in another thread... I'm going to try to get the link to it and come back and edit.

Edit: okay, got it... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...+butter&page=4

I also found a later post from PhotoChick saying she tried it and it was too much trouble for her with a Whole Foods so close, but if you don't have one close by it might be more worth it. I also saw posts from zeffryn in this thread saying that she added oil to hers.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 12-12-2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #10  

Thanks Shannon, I really appreciate your effort.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250+/200?/160

Height: 5'8"

Anybody ever tried the flavored peanut butters from Peanut Butter & Company? They're yummy. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, White Chocolate Peanut Butter, Spicy Peanut Butter, Honey Peanut Butter, and my favorite, Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter. They end up having a little less calories than regular peanut butter because they have added ingredients like cocoa, evaporated cane juice (sugar, duh!), vanilla or whatever, depending on the flavor. Usually, I eat natural peanut butter and I don't want any extras mixed in there, but the ingredients are listed as all natural, and the flavors are just so darn good! I never tried making a chocolate peanut butter smoothy with the dark chocolate flavor but I bet it would be great.

I buy it at my local supermarket, but you can buy through their website at Ilovepeanutbutter.com

One of Hubby's favorite snacks is a banana with a tablespoon of dark chocolate peanut butter.
Annie Pele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm with Annie Pele on this one.... I LOVE Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter and Company. I love it so much that I haven't even tried the other flavors. One of my favorite snacks is a tablespoon of it and a cup of hot tea. Its funny, but I sure know how to make that tablespoon of peanut butter last a lonnnnnng time!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 273/140/137

Height: 5'5"

I like it alot. I smear it on my chocolate chip vitatops. it doesn't cost much and is a reasonable replacement to PB. Nothing like that gross Better 'n' PB, blech. I want to try the chocolate. You mix the powder w/ a bit of water. that is how I use it, like reg pb. lots of people use it in smoothies. another product is PB fit. same idea I have not tried it yet. PB2 comes from bell plantation and i believe you order 4 jars @ a time, and i think its under $5, si its reasonable
brunellobabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #14  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I just orderd some of this, I hope it is as good as everyone says it is
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #15  

The chocolate is also very very good. Sweeter than the PB2. I ordered some before the holidays. I don't think I'll order it as often as the regular PB2 though. I mostly use the PB2 in savory dishes, like thai peanut sauce etc and not as much in desserts so that chocolate wouldn't be a good fit for that!.. maybe in mole sauce.......
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote