Old 02-03-2009, 07:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Tues Feb 3rd

Morning all..sorry i've been MIA a bit

Poppy sorry to hear about your RA. But hopefully they can get you some good meds and you won't have to quit your job.

rc-glad to hear the first day went well.

hope everyone is well..i'm off to get ready for work.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/194/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi! I'm new here, thought I would join in on the chat. Just finished doing my morning workout (Cathe Friedrich), but the arch of my foot is hurting, so I'm icing it down before I have to wake the kids for school. At least its not Monday anymore......
anniedoll30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all!

Welcome Annie!

I snowed last night and it looks like a wonderland of happiness outside!! LOL Until you have to drive in it of course...

Off to work... have a good day all!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/247/200

Height: 5'4

up and about this morning. 2 more inches of snow outside and man is it BLOWING around. at least the kids went to school though ( not real happy that my 13 yr old stood out in the biting cold/wind for 30 minutes - school super heard about that this morning ! )......any who. had my water & my shake this morning already ( at 7 am ) now i am off to the living room for my workout / walk indoors . back after that
rainenroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

It's a lot less busy today. Monday was slammed so I could only post my drive by. The last few days I have been eating out of stress, but today I am doing really well, and plan to do stairs on my break.

I did some knitting last night. I've posted pictures on my blog if you want to check it out. Blogging is going well. I just started. I do like it when I want to rant. Today, since I am feeling much better I am going to post nice stuff.

Goodluck everyone. Hope you have a great day.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

DisgruntledOne
You look great!!
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/199/145

Height: 5'2

Hello all new here as well!!! Last night almost had a break down. I started craving chocolate and potato chips. I had to distract myself with healty snacks. This has been the hardest two weeks, but I am sticking to it....
KandieApples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #8  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning! I need a hug!!!

Just having one of those depressing days, where nothing fits right, and I know I need to work out, but there are ten thousand other things for me to do instead... I have volunteered to help out my fellow teachers with a spring musical, so I have to be at auditions this afternoon...maybe I can fit a workout in between that and my sweet little girl's dance class!!

It is supposed to snow here, but to tell the truth, we already have maxed our snow days out, and have to go on President's day and another free day in March, so I would just like us to be delayed!!! If not, we will be going to school into July!

I was looking into those shakes that you see on television, the RightSize Smoothies... Has anyone tried them? I am looking for something quick for breakfast...and low cal!!!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/194/155

Height: 5'8"

Disgruntled one, You're looking good. Can't wait til I get to that point.

Sapphire, the sweater is beautiful. My mom knits quite a bit, but I've never been able to fully get into it. The most I can do is simple blankets (attempting a baby blanket now ).

Meridithann, will dancing carrot work instead of the hug????

Hope everyone has a good day!
anniedoll30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #10  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Moooooornin' Everyone!!
Welcome Newbies!

Have a few minutes to sit and post before getting the kiddies. Went to gym, just now eating a clementine- Yum! Not much going on here, same ole same ole. We were supposed to get some snow over night, but it was just a dusting, and now it has started to snow again. I am sure the kiddies will want to play in it after lunch. It is actually warmer here lately. I don't mind that... maybe spring is on its way. One can hope- huh.

Meredith----
As for shakes I like Syntha-6. They have a ton of flavors and are slow-releasing. Taste terrific to. Priced pretty high, but the best I have ever had.

RC--- Yay for the first day on the job!!

Disgruntled--- You look great. Congrats on your accomplishment.

Hello to everyone else I've missed.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #11  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hidie ho everyone! Great day yesterday! On target! About to get ready to hit the gym again today...be there at 9 am.

Okay, took a break from typing and I'm back from the gym now. Good workout....I'm and

Goin' to find something to get into...no plans for today...did everything yesterday! lol
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #12  
Diana

Okay, ladies....I can tell I've had nothing to do today....well, I have, just nothing I wanted to tackle. Instead, I've been eating all day! Nothing bad, really, but nevertheless, I've been snacking ALL day long!!!

Let's see, I ate two pkg of oatmeal this morning (5 points), a no-sugar added 98%FF ice cream sandwich (2 pts), a hot dog w/venison chili (5 points), 1 svg FF pringles (1 point) and now I'm eating a 100 calorie popcorn (1 point). Soooo, I've had 14 of my 24 points today...and it's only 3:42 in the afternoon. I did 3 points worth of workout today, but I don't like to add that to my allowable points for the day....I figure if I don't add 'em in, it'll just be less calories to burn. That 5 point is a guess-timate...The bun was 1, 1 point for the weiner, 1 for the 1 tbsp of Miracle whip and I figure (not exactly sure) 2 for the little bit of chili I put on it and the ketchup.

Anyway, I feel like I've been a TOTAL piggy today...and I'm not feelin' great about it...scale doesn't seem to be moving either....of course, I did splurge on Super Bowl Sunday.

Encourage me, ladies!!! I'm feelin' down on myself...thinkin' I'll just eat a salad for supper with fat free dressing.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #13  
Wanda

S/C/G: 249/246/150

Height: 5 2

Hey Diana don't get too down on yourself today. I think that we all have days like that and we have to pick ourselves up and dust off and go at it again tomorrow. What about flex points?? Have any left?? You can always dig into those.

I am having an equally bad day. Started good. Got up and did the treadmill for 40 min. Then I was on the run and off to work to get medical clearance to return. I broke my wrist before x-mas and I am a nurse. I am ready to go back to work but lo and behold they said nope...too swollen. I have no income and we are sinking badly. I feel ready to be back. I am using the wrist and hand....grrr...doc says yes, employee health says no. So I am seeing someone else tomorrow for assessment. So after all that and having not eaten yet cause I thought it was going to be quick at work...I was planning a lunch with a friend. A nice big salad that I love...well when we got there I was starving....ordered quesadilla(sp?). Not the best thing. Oh and regular pop. I am mad at me but I am going to get back to better eating tomorrow!!
babynurse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #14  
Diana

Yeah, I'm trying just to pretend the flex points don't exist....kinda like not counting my exercise as extra points that I can have. I just don't want any extra to burn off.

Did okay for supper....had a salad (ff dressing, three TBSP FF croutons, two TBSP 2 per cent cheese), some broccoli and 4 oz chicken cooked in FF sourcream and 98 percent ff cream of mushroom soup...didn't have any of the "gravy" that it made....just ate what was on the chicken...not much) and had a fiber one muffin (2.5 pts for the muffin)....soooo, I had 10 points left before supper.....I'm sure I went over just a little...I'm trying to stick to 24....I think technically I get 26. I probably went with the 26 today. UGH.....so disappointed with myself....tomorrow's a new day, though.

babynurse, I sure hope your wrist feels better soon....I'm a nurse by trade, but I work in the family machine shop now...haven't nursed in 10 years. I don't miss it at all......lotsa stress!! Lotsa weekends, holidays, and very little family time. I'm glad there are those out there that have the calling.....you should pat yourself on the back....I commend you for your dedication!

Well, I'm going to go sulk....or maybe I can talk dh into helping me work off a few extra calories! OOPS..TMI?? Sorry..............
Old 02-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #15  
Wanda

S/C/G: 249/246/150

Height: 5 2

LOL...maybe I will do the same thing...lol...DH is playing a game don't know if I can get his attention away from it!!

I understand not wanting to use the FP's. I am trying really hard not to. I think I will have done ok for today!!

Nursing is something I love but really if I could make the same money doing something else I would! It really is sooooo stressfull. Weekends, nights, holidays. It really is something you have to love.

Have a good night and we will both have a better day tomorrow!!
babynurse91 is offline   Reply With Quote