Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #1  
Mel

Default February- only 4 weeks!

OK...this is the shortest month and we are starting with Super Bowl Sunday

After tonight's home made barbecued chicken feast, I commit to doing a 4 week mini challenge to eat totally clean. Workouts are not an issue for me. On March first, I'm headed to Orlando for a conference, then April first to Colorado for a ski trip. I can cover up a lot with ski clothes, but I do have to fit into them!

Ennay- You're right. She did say she was worried about clots. I will call tomorrow for an appointment. Thanks for the reminder.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Ok after having the stomach flu (worst week of my life, I swear), I'm getting back into it.

I finally bought a second 20 lb kettlebell and told DH that I want another 25lb one sometime in the quasi near future. I was so disappointed in GoFit though in that they now have a 7lb kettlebell and its pink...

My weight is the lowest its been in 6 months but still a few lbs from my ticker weight. I want to start running again but our paths are still covered in ice. Today's warm day helped some but we'll need a few more warm days to get rid of all the ice.

I'm also just fighting the winter blahs, this has been a particularly bad winter for me in terms of motivation but every winter is a fight with food and exercise.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I am feeling really hopeful that I'll be able to run "for real" again this week. No hamstring work for awhile except for low weight endurance work (see THAT is what high rep girly lifting is for--rehab! )

Off to cook lots of crap for SBS.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, here too Nelie, and what isn't covered in ice is a stream torrent or mud. And Monday night into Tuesday brings more!

I'm really happy with my first week results for BFL! Down about 3.6 lbs and some bf% as well.

Have a good week everyone!

Last edited by sportmom; 02-01-2009 at 06:35 PM.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #5  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I'm thrilled with my results from Week 1, 3 lbs lost...and I bought (and can wear) a pair of Size 8 jeans! Single digits!! I haven't seen single digits on my clothes since 1992?
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #6  

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
I'm thrilled with my results from Week 1, 3 lbs lost...and I bought (and can wear) a pair of Size 8 jeans! Single digits!! I haven't seen single digits on my clothes since 1992?
Wow! That is SO great!
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #7  

Yea Dee!!!

Last edited by sportmom; 02-01-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #8  
No description available.

Woohoo! Go Dixie!!!

I've not been very on plan with my food this weekend. I like the idea of a new month and clean eats. I can do this!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #9  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Thank God for Super Bowl!

I could not make it to the gym this morning so I wisely decided better go around 5 pm as opposed to 12:30 pm or so .... at 5, I think there was a total of 10 people at the gym .... ok, maybe 12 ..... it was awesome! UB workout today and I can barely type - my arms are killing me.

Nelie, get well soon!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #10  
Mel

Congratulations, BFL chickies
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #11  
Workin' It

I've got a doctor's appointment this afternoon at which I hope to get released to exercise again, if not today then at least after Thursday. Everything I've read said you can ease back in after two weeks according to your comfort level... Anyone have any suggestions for exercises I can do that will ease back in the arms and chest muscles? I'm getting stuck after pushups, and a little afraid of the Weider right now...

You guys are doing great with the BFL program! Woo hoo!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Do you actually manage to do a little more every time you work out or do you (like weight loss) fluctuate and struggle and then WHoop up to a new level?

I always feel like I am stagnating, I cant do as many reps as I did last week, I am not getting anywhere, oh hey today I did a BUNCH more.

I know part of my fluctuation is weight lifting is secondary to running so my energy levels aren't always peak. (and by Thursday I am so far behind on sleep it isnt funny.) But I felt like I was going backwards and then today I did extra reps on everything. Including braving the heavy bar that I've been doing cable on. While I didnt tag someone to spot me the room was busy so I figured I could shout if needed. Last time I failed on 2 this time I did 4 or 5 (thank god I wrote it down, my ST memory is shot today) and decided NOT to push it for that last one I got stuck on last time. But my 5th set I came back down to starting weight and pumped out 17 easily.

heh...maybe part of my energy today is all the superbowl food still circulating.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
heh...maybe part of my energy today is all the superbowl food still circulating.
Sadly, this is the part I can confirm for you. Not the Super Bowl part bc we didn't do anything, but from memory, other times when I was eating extremely "richly" shall we say, I was always tons stronger. I think it's our friend, Mr. Carb, showing his strength.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #14  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Sadly, this is the part I can confirm for you. Not the Super Bowl part bc we didn't do anything, but from memory, other times when I was eating extremely "richly" shall we say, I was always tons stronger. I think it's our friend, Mr. Carb, showing his strength.
Yeah well, I'll pay in the long run because that reset a LOT of my exercises to the next weight. Thursday should be punishing.

Today a woman I know was in there when I was doing bicep curls said "that is really impressive". While part of me feels proud, the other part thinks "yeah, but I really havent been working out that long, this is kind of where I get to fast". Which is also true. I have a level of weight lifiting that no matter how long I abandon it I get back to fairly quickly and I kind of am there. And it seems like for the past ...decade... every time I get there something happens and next thing I know it has been 2 months and I am starting over again. So now the real work begins.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #15  

So in doing searches for Body for Life entertaining websites, I've come across Tom Venuto's stuff several times. What does our enlightened group think about his e-book Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle? Has anyone read it/ordered it or spoken to anyone who has? I wonder if it's really centered around the HIIT formula. I know he criticizes BFL somewhat in saying it's not customized, so I think that's what he advocates is weekly adjustments depending on your accomplishment, which make complete sense. Wonder if much else is different.

I finally realized I needed to do BFL bc as hard as I was lifting and working out, I just wasn't see it for the fat. So anything around "max fat loss" topics gets my curiosity going. I know Swigg has reviewed it, so I've already got that link, but wondering what you guys think.