General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default New Car Ideas

Anyone in the market for a new car? It doesn't come out until April, but the new Kia Soul caught my eye. Any thoughts/advice?

blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Well I have a Korean friend that says never buy Korean but Kia seems to have a good track record. Although for new cars, you never know the kinks are worked out until the year following. My car was a brand new model of a car and I do wish I had waited until they worked some of the bugs out but it hasn't had too many issues and all were covered by warranty.

My new love though is the Honda Fit.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Well I have a Korean friend that says never buy Korean but Kia seems to have a good track record. Although for new cars, you never know the kinks are worked out until the year following. My car was a brand new model of a car and I do wish I had waited until they worked some of the bugs out but it hasn't had too many issues and all were covered by warranty.

Yeah, I agree that Kia has made improvements over the years. The Soul also comes with a 100K mile warranty, which is nice.

Just googled the Honda Fit - it looks kind of similar to the Soul, only a little pricier (Soul runs under 14K). Both get great gas mileage, which is def. a plus!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have heard that Kia's aren't good on resale values. You may want to look into that. It looks cute though! I have noticed in my area gas prices are creeping up. We were once at $1.39 a gallon and we are probably at $1.70 now or so. This may still be a good fit. I think the Honda Fit is cute too.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #5  

Yeah prices are creeping up here, too. I definitely like that the Soul gets good gas mileage. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Me too! If I bought a car, this is definitely the one I would buy -- especially because in the 2009 version they changed they ugly body shape they had in the pre-2009 version.

Plus Honda rocks.

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 241/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

I have a Toyota Corolla that I absolutely hate. I dont have a reason, it just doesnt feel right to drive. I plan on trading it in soon. I think I want a Dodge Charger. That car is HOT!
Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #8  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

I just bought a used Hyundai, and I love it. It gets really good gas mileage. And I saw a commercial yesterday that they're now signing a contract with you, saying if you lose your income within a year of buying the car and you need to bring it back, it won't affect your credit. That alone is enough for me to stick with Hyundai, even though I'm from Michigan and should be supporting American.
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #9  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I have a Scion xD (made by Toyota) that I bought about a year ago.
It's a little economy car and gets great gas mileage (32-34mpg in the city).
I was going to buy a used Toyota Matrix, but the xD was the same price and brand NEW!! It was about $15K.
It is small. I have 9 and 11 yr old kids and they fit fine in the backseat though. I just can't carry a cooler in the back like I used to take to the store, but I bought an insulated bag that works fine.

Good luck
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #10  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

aww it's cute!

i really really really want a Fit. i test-drove one last spring and fell in love with it. *sigh* but i'm a grad student with barely enough income to buy groceries.

also, i like how the Scion xD has a model name that looks like a little angry face. xD!

Last edited by painted lady; 02-02-2009 at 04:37 PM.
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddc View Post
I have a Scion xD (made by Toyota) that I bought about a year ago.
It's a little economy car and gets great gas mileage (32-34mpg in the city).
I was going to buy a used Toyota Matrix, but the xD was the same price and brand NEW!! It was about $15K.
It is small. I have 9 and 11 yr old kids and they fit fine in the backseat though. I just can't carry a cooler in the back like I used to take to the store, but I bought an insulated bag that works fine.

Good luck
Thats great! Yea the ScionXD is somewhat similar to the Soul - both are about the same size and get good gas mileage. The Soul is pricing right under 14K I think.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #12  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

I've been looking at cars recently and I really like the Suzuki SX4 crossover. It's really cute and is an AWD and priced well.
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #13  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I'm more of a Jeep girl myself but if I didn't have 3 kids I might would test drive the Soul at least I have a 2008 Jeep Patriot & it rocks!!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote