Old 02-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default Calorie cycling question (yes, another one ;)

Do you know exactly WHEN your metabolism picks up from calorie cycling? For example, I was losing 1-2 lbs a week doing 1400 calorie days. Then I cycled and lost 3 lbs that week and four the next (and I even lost a lb today, although it's part of a new week) and I figure next week I will cycle as well....do the effects take that long/last that long? Or was I just lucky??
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Lottie

When I calorie cycle I seem to lose about 20% pounds than I normally would. And like last week, when I did not get my calories anywhere close to being enough 5 days out of the 7 I lost NOTHING! But today is a new day! For me personally it seems to help when I do it, immediatly, and does not wear off once I do it for a few weeks

Hope that helps some
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Could also be a thing where 1400 was not enough for you to lose as successfully, or maybe you are getting more protien on your high days that you were lacking before.
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I'm VERY sedentary. I go to school but that is about all the excercise I get, walking to and from bus stops and walking around at school. I can't wait to start working actually. but anyhow, I feel too out of shape for serious excercise right now, so I"m just starting to use the wii fit again, strength training, yoga, and aerobics. Once I lose this last 8 lbs I"m going to start doing some 'real' excercise and then I will up my cals to 1500. So I think I'm getting enough cals.

Also, I get lots of protein (and fiber), I have the dialy plate 'gold' and I am pretty strict concerning my reccomended daily allowances and eating a well balanced diet.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote