Old 02-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 2 - 8 Feb

Hey everyone!

Would you like a place to put your daily menu? Is planning helpful to you. Is accountability helpful? Or...maybe just a bit of extra support. If any or all of these sound like they'd fit your plan...please DO join us!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:21 AM   #2  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi lovelies!

I really, really want my washing machine NOW. Washing is already starting to pile up and I cannot wait till Friday when I can start clearing it. Come on Friday!

It was a good day today. Awesome workout and work wasn't too bad. I had one client go NATO at me, but that's life really. The weigh in is looking promisng for tomorrow - I seem to be down another 2 lbs, making it a 7 lb loss for the month. By my standards that's fantastic!

I was thinking about what I've accomplished in January. Yeah, there's the 7 lb loss, but I've got myself back into an exercise routine and it's a habit. I can't say I enjoy exercise, but I am getting a sense of accomplishment out of it. My eating is around 90% on target - yes, there are times when I could have made better choices, but that's life. So, it's been a fantastic start to the year. Long may it continue!

Beverley, hope you had fun with your friends!

MJ, you're having a bit of a tough run at the moment. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Jen, hope you didn't have to do too much work. There's nothing worse than having to go in on your day off.

Lottie, go you for paying off the bill! I love that feeling!

Shout outs to everyone else!

The menu today was:

B - English muffin with vegemite

S - boiled egg

S - blueberries

L - lamb salad filled roll

S - laughing cow wedge

D - leftovers - lamb, baked potato, carrots, broccoli, peas.

Have an awesome day, everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #3  
BlockHead =)

Good morning ladies

I made it through yesterday with one substitution. I didn't have the ricotta creme at the end of the day, instead I had pepperjack cheese and pepperoni as a second afternoon snack - it took me longer at work than I expected and by the time I got home and started making supper my tummy was growling and it was going to be about an hour and a half til supper was ready. Overall I felt good about the day. I did about 45 mins total of exercise instead of the 30 I'd planned and it felt great!

Today's plan:
Bfast: 1/2 wrap: low carb/high fiber wrap with thin and trim turkey, pepperjack cheese, feta cheese, spinach, mustard
Snack: peach Fage yogurt
Lunch: leftover chicken divan
Snack: apple and 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
Supper: low carb meatloaf made with TVP, ground turkey and lean ground pork, fresh brussel sprouts
Snack: chocolate ricotta creme with unsweetened whipped cream

60+ oz water
After work I will put together the meatloaf and while that's in the oven I will do a minimum of 15 minutes walking on the treadmill and 5-10 minutes of upper body work with the stretchy band.

I wish you all a happy, healthy Monday
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning Friends,

After a less than stellar week of eating, the scales were not smiling this morning. I've decided to focus on the calories and exercise this week and relax a little on what I'm eating. Once I get the calorie count in-line and the exercise re-started, I'll focus on packing in the most nutritious food possible.

I have two more reports due by tomorrow, then things at work should be back to a normal 40 hour work week. I won't have a convenient excuse to not exercise anymore.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

As I just posted on my facebook, I am feeling surprisingly upbeat for a Monday. Here's hoping that means this will be a great week. The weather looks nice this morning, but it's due to start raining later and then the cold air comes back and looks like more snow. The kids are hoping and so am I, but not for the same thing!

Greetings jeniansmom! That looks like a SB menu plan to me.
Hey Rhonda, hope things ease up after your reports are done. Sometimes we just have to focus on one thing at a time.
Sounds like you had a great January nicolen, good for you! 7 lbs in a month is excellent. But the exercise is even more impressive to me!

Here's my day:
B: oatmeal breakfast bars, coffee with milk
S: turkey bacon, cheese stick, raw cauliflower
L: chicken divan
S: skim latte, bean brownie
D: tofu stir fry, salad
S: peanut butter cup dessert

Hope your week and month is off to a great start!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - ready to start a good week. We had so much fun with friends last night watching the Super Bowl. One friend brought the 3D glasses - what a hoot.

For today:

track food
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
put fork down between bites
PMA

breakfast - cheese toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - turkey and cheese sandwich, carrots
snack -apple
dinner -white chili, crackers
snack - peanut butter toast, hot sf cocoa

Nicolen - down 7 pounds for the month is awesome!!! Yes, it would be hard living without a washing machine.
Schmoodle - glad you are starting the month upbeat. Sign of good things!
Rhonda - keep pushing forward. You've had alot to do for work. I know you can put it all together.
jeniasmom - glad to hear you had such a good day . 45 minutes of exercise is impressive!!

Have a great day, folks.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/264/120

Height: 5ft.3

Hi, ladies! I eat according to plan, this week it has 4 protein days, and 3 protein + vegetables. Breakfast - 0.1% fat yoghurt + oat bran; black coffee (no sugar, 0.1% milk)
Midmorning snack - egg white omelette, paneer (from skimmed milk) filling, tea
Lunch - egg white omellette, chicken filling (plain boiled chicken meat with spices), "mayo sub" sauce (skimmed yoghurt, spices, a touch of sugar and oil-free mustard, fennel, parsley)
Snack - another omelette with paneer
Snack 2 - home-made chicken broth with spices
Dinner - omelette with fish filling and the fake mayo sauce
2 litres of water (part of it in tea); 1 jelly-yoghurt or mousse (sugar-free)
12 000 steps walking
1 hour or so on the figure trimmer twist disc (I do it while I am watching a film on the laptop)

On the protein-and-vegetable days I add green salads, sea wrack, home-made sushi (without the rice)
Er... that is the plan in a perfect world... Hope I can stick to it lol

Good luck with our weight-loss!
fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #8  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I don't have time for personals right now (hopefully I'll get back later to do them!) I had to take Ellie-Mae to the vet this morning to get her teeth cleaned and maybe one pulled. Poor little thing! She is going to feel icky when I pick her up later, but will be glad to be home! I am home w/ Casey (who is VERY sad), so I need to go snuggle up w/ her.

My knee feels better! Phew, so glad I can finally say that!!!! I did not do well w/ food this weekend. I know it was related to my knee pain and frustration about not feeling well. So, new month, new week--fresh start (again). I know I can do this. I WILL do this!!!

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Guess what I am doing right now? I just finished BREAKFAST!

B No sugar PB sammich, banana and tes
L ham and chese and fiber crackers
D turkey meatball and veggie soup with sandwich

work calls...........
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #10  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

nicolen, good job with the exercise!

here's todays menu:

b: fiber one muffin (no cholesterol), 2 strips bacon
l: chicken nuggets and eggroll
s: 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 serv triscuits and 5 cherry flavored prunes
s: banana, 5 cherry flavored prunes
d: oatmeal pancake, 2 slices of bacon and multi grain english muffin

I noticed that on the weekends I"m really REALLY good with not really eating a lot of processed foods. But mon-thurs I tend to eat at least one "quick" meal because of school. I think when we have more groceries I will start making premade 'real' food so I can eat quick before class.

Maybe just make a little extra of dinner the night before and box it up. hmmm. this sounds like a good idea.

Last edited by lottie63; 02-02-2009 at 12:46 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #11  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

We've been without electricity since Tuesday of last week. So this is what Ive had, and I am darn proud of myself for not letting this make me go off plan! Woo hoo!

Ive been eating:
warmed up caned beans & tomatoes (kind of yuck)
boiled eggs, mostly the whites
peanut butter & crackers
apples
oranges
a baked potato and salad at Wendys one night

The power still isnt on, so wish me luck ladies for keeping on plan during our rough time. We are blessed in so many ways even though we sit in the dark at night and have to heat with kerosene. I am thankful to the Lord for all of our blessings and that I have been able to stay on plan.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Mug that is AMAZING that you are doing so well under such difficult circumstances and keeping your outlook positive! Way to go girl, nothing can stop you! I sure hope you have power back soon.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #13  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Nicole: Sounds like you have made a lot of progress during January --- good for you! I bet you continue with that strong trend in February. You know, we could all chip in and get you a nice washboard for your laundry. I bet washing clothes like that would burn some calories (and give you “washboard abs,” too!)

Jen: You did great with your plan yesterday! Great way to step into the new week. Your meatloaf recipe looks interesting, but what is TVP? And I am impressed with how you plan exactly when and how to work that exercise in --- you’re in for a good week!

Rhonda: I hear ya! I feel like every time I get a handle on one part of this whole weight loss deal, some other part heads for the hills. It’s like herding cats. But you have been keeping on track overall and your numbers show it. Sling those reports out to the boss, flex your ever-tightening muscles with some exercise and those fat pounds will soon be looking for a new home.

Schmoodle: Hey, hey! You look all bright and shiny this morning. So what were you up to all weekend that put such a wicked grin on your face, hmmmm? LOL By the way, this newbie salutes your 70 pounds long gone --- HIGH FIVE! Have a good Monday, yourself!

Beverly: So were the 3D commercials worth all the hype? Sounds like you and the crew had a good time with the game --- and that is really what it’s all about. Here’s to a new month and a new week filled with good choices and hot men … uh… where the heck did that come from?

Fractal: Yours looks like an interesting plan. With all that protein, you are today’s designated tough gal --- so when one of us is having trouble evicting some free-loading pound of fat, we holler for you and you muscle that fat right on out the door. (How do you feel about black leather, shades and combat boots?)

MJ5: Hey, I am so glad to hear that your knee is doing better --- it is hard to do anything when you hurt like that. But you are just in time to jump into fabulous February with both feet (and 2 cooperating knees!) So come on and join the conga line --- da da da da da KICK --- and let’s see how many pounds we can evict this month.

RedFlame: Breakfast? Good for you! Let us know if it makes a difference in your overall eating or if it changes your mornings in a positive way or if it turns out you really didn’t need breakfast. Hope you have a good week!

Lottie: Ah, that is a very clever idea. You are definitely out-thinking those scheming pounds of fat --- smart lady! Funny, though --- I have no trouble eating well during the week but the weekends are a real challenge (because everyone’s schedule gets tossed to the winds). Let us know how the new lunch idea works out.

MugCanDoIt: OK, the rest of us can stop kvetching about how hard this all is! WOW! Super amazingly excellent for staying on plan under BATTLE conditions, for crying out loud! Good for you, lady! Stay safe and warm! WOW!

B: 2 whole wheat toast with laughing cow, 2 V8
S: missed it!
L: salad with lots of veggies, olive oil and balsamic vinegar
S: apple
D: pork chops, baked rosemary carrots and potatos, salad

I am getting a late start today --- I do so hate Mondays -- but I hope everyone is having a great day!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/264/120

Height: 5ft.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numina View Post
Fractal: Yours looks like an interesting plan. With all that protein, you are today’s designated tough gal --- so when one of us is having trouble evicting some free-loading pound of fat, we holler for you and you muscle that fat right on out the door. (How do you feel about black leather, shades and combat boots?)
LOLLOLOLOL... Actually, I am quite enjoying it - does that make me a closet masochist?

The egg white omlette is my latest discovery, and considering I have been on this plan for over a year, the fun is not so much in eating the stuff as in experimenting - I must confess it sounds weird at times. But what the heck... I just try to do what I must, and pray I will get where I want to be... eventually...
fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Mugcandoit------FANTASTIC attitude! I have never been more than 5 days without electricity........we had a great time reading books outloud, and playing card games. You ARE blessed, and even more so that you can identify that.

Does this seem like a fantastic start to a new month, anyone? It seems like it to me. Only one half day so far, but I am OP, I do so desperatly need to start my day off with something other than coffee or tea--yet I always go back to my old habits, and then the weight loss stops. I am proud of myself for packing up meal supplies for the week at work (instant organic oatmeal, almonds, banana, no sugar PB, bread, lean ham, cheese) I feel like I can conquor the world......or at least my tiny little corner.

Has anyone had the Arizon teas? YOu know they are bottled even in gallon sized. I found the tea bags for green tea with honey and ginsing...........they are delightful! there really is a little honey taste! I have had 3 cups already today. The box was 2.99 for 20 bags, think I might get another. They also had one with pomegranate, and another berry one too, but I do like my green teas.

Hmmm as I type my rings flip around on my fingers.........thats a good thing

want to respond to everyones posts, but have not the time right now---down my front desk person and as it is it has taken me 40 minutes to post this much! OI!
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote