View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
glynne
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Hello all,

Happy Sunday ~ Happy February

Had an interesting start to my day. Opened the blinds in the family room and saw an armadillo in the back yard. I had seen them before, but never up that close. Woke my husband up to see too and got a couple pictures. Apparently it lives under our deck.

We have had fun over the years getting to see different creatures in our yard and getting pictures of them. In North Carolina we had some deer come right up in our yard (we lived in the city), and a big owl visited our trees. Also a possum was in a tree in our yard.

Up in Maine, we got to see a beaver swim by and loons on the lake. A moose came out of the woods into our yard. That was neat, but we weren't fast enough with the camera that time.

My parents lived in Ohio and came to visit us in Maine every year. Dad wanted desperatly to see a moose. We would go on drives along the roads where moose were often seen, but they never were there when we took Dad for a ride. It became a running joke about the lack of moose when dad was in Maine. Of course when that moose came in the yard, the kids had to call grandpa right up and tell him about it.

When I told my parents this morning about the armadillo, dad said he hoped to get to see it when he comes to visit, but that it would probably end up being just like the moose and he would never get to see it.

I am hopeful that I am back on the right track. Down 3 pounds. Making small changes. First thing ~ I am resisting buying snacks on the way home from work. My knees are feeling somewhat better (though after going up the front steps at my daughter's house yesterday, they are hurting again ~ thankfully not as bad as a couple weeks ago) so I am hoping to start walking for exercise again. Even if it is a little bit at a time ~ it is more than none at all

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Take care

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)