Old 02-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/284/160

Height: 5'5"

Default The dreaded word...SCALE!

So, I'm heading out today to buy a new scale. It's a love/hate relationship, but I must have one if I am going to track my progress.

Do the fat/BMI etc scales work? Does anyone have a good one they can recommend?

I looked at WalMart and Bed Bath and Beyond and have found a couple between 30-50 bucks. I don't mind spending the money, but I don't want to pay for gadgets that don't work!
lindalou0510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

for me, if i know how tall i m there's enough places online that can calculate the bmi tht i dont use bmi scales.

i love my digital scales though.
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/ 248/ 165

Height: 5' 11"

We have 2 scales in my house.
Mine (the mean one ) and my wife's (which is about 2 lbs nicer )
Mine is a cheep no frills digital.
My wife's is more expensive and has the body fat % calculator and BMI stuff included.
Last time I went to the doctors office I felt vindicated because the weight they took from me was the exact weight my cheepo scale gave me . Of course when I was at home I took my weight in my birthday suit and at the Dr. I was dressed .
In my opinion I would go with a cheep digital. Even if the initial weight programed is off by a lb or 2, you will still be able to track all of your weight loss progress. Just my $.02
zerocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I have this one. I'm not sure if I trust the body fat and water but I love the fact that I can get on it 10 times in a row and it reads the same EVERY single time. I stood on 5 or 6 of them in the store the day I bought it and it seemed to be the most accurate.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote