Old 01-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Wii Fit vs My Personal Trainer

Which is better? I just got a Wii and I'm trying to decide between the two programs. Thanks! My Fitness Coach has great reviews on Amazon but I have heard that Wii Fit has it's limitations.

Edit: I mean My Fitness Coach, not personal trainer.

Last edited by Daimere; 01-30-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I hear Wii fit is good for beginners and great to get you off the couch, but if you are already somewhat athletic it has its limitations. A trainer would know how and when to increase your workouts far past what Wii fit can do. I would start with Wii fit, but with the thought in mind that eventually you may want to kick it up a notch and that's where a trainer would come in handy.
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #3  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

are they not compatible? i was thinking that you can use My Fitness Coach with the wii, but use the wii fit for other stuff (yoga, etc.) MFC is definitely cheaper is you don't have the wii fit.
kuhljeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

They are both for the Wii. Although fitness coach has DVDs for other consoles. The Fitness coach doesn't need a balance board or anything. Although some other games also use the balance board
Old 01-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hmm, I was thinking you were talking about a real -live trainer, lol, woops! But I'm all for more, more variety, more intensity, just more, it can't hurt right?
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhljeanie View Post
are they not compatible? i was thinking that you can use My Fitness Coach with the wii, but use the wii fit for other stuff (yoga, etc.) MFC is definitely cheaper is you don't have the wii fit.
My Fitness Coach i also Wii Fit compatible but you don't have to have Wii Fit to use it.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 291/261.8/150

Height: 5' 8"

My Fitness Coach doesn't use the wii fit balance board.

I have both, but for serious working out I like My Fitness Coach. Wii Fit is fun and I like using its scale every morning but I think I get a better workout with My Fitness Coach.

Hope that helps
ryverthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #8  

My Fitness Coach is pretty much the same game as the one that came out for regular XBOX years ago. I hated that one but I have not yet tried the one for Wii so maybe it is something more than jumping jacks and push ups.

I have Wii Fit and I say as long as you are doing the strength training and the aerobics, you will get plenty of a good workout. I normally do circuits which is like 2-3 sets of lunges, squats, donkey kicks, jack knifes, and 60 second plank with cardio dispursed evenly between them. I love in the wii fit how if you don't get deep enough into the lunges or squats or you use improper form on the other moves, it doesn't count it. I find it very motivating and I always get a good workout. I do multiple sets of what i listed above as well as the island lap a few times in between for cardio. I really like it A LOT. I have a blast.

Most people that say the Fit isn't a good workout are doing too much of the balance games and the non-challenging cardio games. I'm not huge on the yoga, but it can also be tough or easy depending on which exercises you choose to do! Hope this helps.

Last edited by LanMyers; 01-30-2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling
LanMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #9  
Hooping my Life Away

My boyfriend wound up getting Wii Fit but I may eventually get the Fitness trainer. I've been doing the stepping and that is a work out! I suck at the stepping sideways though. I tried doing some of the strength but when I do a squat, it doesn't say I'm doing it right. I don't get what I am doing wrong.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #10  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I have both, and I like both. They are quite different. I really like "My Fitness Coach" better. I like that I set a time limit and it continues through the exercises without stopping. It takes me much longer to do 30 minutes of exercise on the Wii balance board with Wii Fit because it does not string exercises together.

If you have a step, balance ball and handweights already, "My Fitness Coach" is a great workout!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #11  
Hooping my Life Away

I don't have a balance ball though and no room to store it. Is there a way to not use certain pieces of equipment in My Fitness Trainer?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #12  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Yes. It asks if you have a heart rate monitor, ball, step and handweights. You check what you have. It then uses only exercises that include the pieces you own.

CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #13  
Hooping my Life Away

When I have money again, I will have to look into getting that.

Also, the Wii Fit scale says that I am wayyyy past my 5% goal even with a tummy of full! ^_^