General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #1  
busty nerd

S/C/G: 210/206/133

Height: 5'5"

Default new zealand criminals laurel and hardy apprehended by police

Friday, 30 January 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3SwaOAW3BE

You might have thought that having evaded the courthouse guards and made it out of the building, the hard part would be over. However, two New Zealand prisoners – who made an escape attempt while handcuffed to each other – had not reckoned on a lone lamp post.

As Regan Reti, 20, and Tiranara White, 21, sprinted to freedom, they managed to run on opposite sides of the post, promptly crashing into each other and falling to the floor.

The duo made their break earlier this week as they were being taken from their cell to a courthouse in Hastings. "They fell over and were sprayed with pepper spray. But they got up and ran out of the court on to the street, across the road to a car park," police spokesman Dave Greig told the Associated Press. "That's where they met the pole – it was all over, rover."

Reti, who had just been given a sentence of more than two years for assault, pleaded guilty to escaping from custody and had a month added to his sentence. White, who was in custody for allegedly stealing a car and violating parole, did not enter a plea and is awaiting a psychiatric evaluation.

The whole escapade was caught on CCTV and has been released to the public. New Zealand's TV One News labelled the video "one of the worst escape attempts ever seen".
froggie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

It looks even funnier than I had imagined from reading it. Like it should be a cartoon or something.

Last edited by mayness; 01-30-2009 at 05:15 PM.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #4  
Operator265

See, now that's why I don't take up criminal activity. Something like that would happen to me.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #5  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Hey I'm a Kiwi - Just like to say we aren't all that stupid. Had a great giggle over this when I say it in the paper!
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote