Old 01-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Wink 30 something daily chat... Fri 1/30

Back to work today...

I'm not real thrilled as you can tell. I had a nice day off yesterday and don't want it to end!! LOL

Hope you all have a good one!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

It's a PD day and the kids are already saying they're bored! Hmmm, perhaps cleaning their rooms will clear away the boredom! LOL! I have an assignment due and it's proving very hard to get done.

I am a scrapbooker. I have loved it since my son was born and I started documenting his development. I have been lucky enough to join some design teams and help pay for this hobby (it can be an expensive one). But since starting this weight loss journey I haven't really done alot of scrapping. I've been too focused on healthy food choices and exercise. My husband thinks I've replaced my passion for paper crafts with weight loss. Do you think we do this? I must admit...I am the type of person that throws myself into what I'm doing with all my heart and with 2 kids and a home daycare maybe I don't have the time for 2 passions. Or maybe I'm procrastinating this assignment even more by being here. Hmmmm, either way I better get to work.

Have a good day 30 somethings!! (Hopefully mine will be productive!)
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Goodmorning all. I’m just trying to “motor-vate” for another day of data entry. It’s the end of the month so all of the offices are waiting until the last minute to get their stuff turned in. That’s okay, because, I’m grateful to be employed.

I did well eating last night. I went to a meeting. Usually, social settings are a huge trigger for me. I literally camp out by the buffet table and eat the whole time to disguise my shyness. In the two years I have lived here I have not made any “real” friends. That’s mostly my fault. I don’t put myself out there. There’s probably a self-conscious thing going on there.

Kiki-I'm right there with you. I love to scrapbook and knit, but that requires a lot of sitting. It's hard to have a passion for you crafts and try to lose weight.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/275/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki100 View Post
It's a PD day and the kids are already saying they're bored! Hmmm, perhaps cleaning their rooms will clear away the boredom! LOL! I have an assignment due and it's proving very hard to get done.

I am a scrapbooker. I have loved it since my son was born and I started documenting his development. I have been lucky enough to join some design teams and help pay for this hobby (it can be an expensive one). But since starting this weight loss journey I haven't really done alot of scrapping. I've been too focused on healthy food choices and exercise. My husband thinks I've replaced my passion for paper crafts with weight loss. Do you think we do this? I must admit...I am the type of person that throws myself into what I'm doing with all my heart and with 2 kids and a home daycare maybe I don't have the time for 2 passions. Or maybe I'm procrastinating this assignment even more by being here. Hmmmm, either way I better get to work.

Have a good day 30 somethings!! (Hopefully mine will be productive!)

I am a scrapper too...yes it can be an expensive hobby, but so rewarding...you might actually be able to merge your weight loss and scrapping...if you are a boredom eater scrapping can keep you busy so you don't eat...I know that helps me...I need to do more scrapping to help me occupy my time...lol...
madys momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/275/175

Height: 5'7"

I had a crappy day yesterday...I felt like all I did yesterday was eat...I didn't have an all out binge, but felt like I was grazing all day and that I wasn't in control...I hate that feeling...today is going well...I think I am even going to get to the gym at lunch, so that's a positive!!!
madys momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #6  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello My Fellow thirty-somethings!!!
TGIF!!!!

Taking a break to eat lunch, the the kiddos and I are going to the library. Hoping to get me some good reads ... and the kiddos a few books. My oldest said she wants a book about flowers and sheep. Hoping that that's an easy find. My youngest hasn't decided yet. I am sure we'll find some good ones.

Have been on par for eats lately , and exercise... well that's not much this week, but lost another pound What gives? I'll take it though.

madysmomma--- I've had those grazing days too. Plus am a rather quiet person, until I get to know you. Then off comes the shell.

Saphire--- Have fun at work. Sounds like a busy day, will it go fast, or does it seem to drag with the over abundance of work?

kiki--- What's a PD Day? Never heard of that one before.

Poppy--- Hi!

Last edited by PearFreak; 01-30-2009 at 12:13 PM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 247/247/200

Height: 5'4

Default new

* this is also posted on yesterdays chat...still getting the hang of this site ...lol *

hi all. i am just now getting back on track with my diet.

i am 209lbs 9 down from 240lbs ) and heading to the 150 goal.

but i keep telling myself SMALL goals will get me there.

my next BIG goal is 199lbs....then i get to treat myself to OLIVE GARDEN for dinner w/ my hubby

i started my diet monday but with the kids home from school ( we have 12" of snow here ) it seems harder to maintain with them home for some reason.

i had my shake for breakfast today , now i am getting ready to fix my lunch shake...........so far so good today .

yesterday i has shake for breakfast, cheese sandwhich & doritos for lunch small bow rice for dinner then during american idol i wanted a snack.

instead of a filling shake i made myself 3 peices of toast smothered in butter and blackberry preserves..

so bad !

all i drink is flavored water or the occasional diet soda

so on track so far today........well, till dinner ( i am making ham,beans with cornbread ) on a cold day who can resist that ? i figure as long as i do good the rest of the day i can have a small bowl at dinner
rainenroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #8  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey all, today is my last Friday off in probably a long time... new job starts Monday! Got my haircut last night, so was able to check that off the list of things I need to do by the end of the day Sunday. Today, I need to bring back a shirt and get something else to replace it (work clothes), then I'm still on a search for a new wallet. Also, I'm going to pick up some protein powder and am considering trying out the diet stacker stuff that Jillian talks about on her podcast. The main goal this weekend is to go to the supermarket (and maybe Whole Foods, really want to go there again before I start working, love that place) and get my foods planned and set for the work week.
Have a good Friday everyone!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #9  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Shannon:
What kind of Protein Powder are ya getting? I highly reccomend Syntha 6. It is more expensive, but tastes Great, and stays in your system longer (slow release). Just wanted to toss that out there, if you were still undecided.

Oh, I love Wholefoods. I am on my way there in a bit. Have fun shopping.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/247/200

Height: 5'4

ok , had dinner . phew, thats over with .
had one bowl ham/beans ( no ham ) , and 3 small pcs cornbread. and my water.

i am done for the day.

now off to daughters volleyball practice so by the time we get back it is close to bedtime for me ( i rarely stay up past 9-10 anymore....lol )

hoping for a better day tomorrow !
rainenroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I haven't had much energy to get up to exercise lately. I hope I get it back somehow. The baby has been waking up at night so I think I am just tired. I am so happy it is Friday.

So, I need some advice about birthday parties. Mu five year old was invited to a boy from her preschool's birthday party which is about a 45 minute drive away on Sunday (Superbowl??). I don't really want to go and my daughter would be happy to go, but wouldn't mind at all to not go too. I feel guilty though. My gut says go and my husband says don't go. What do you guys think?
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #12  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearFreak View Post
Shannon:
What kind of Protein Powder are ya getting? I highly reccomend Syntha 6. It is more expensive, but tastes Great, and stays in your system longer (slow release). Just wanted to toss that out there, if you were still undecided.

Oh, I love Wholefoods. I am on my way there in a bit. Have fun shopping.
Thanks for the rec, I'll look into it!

I picked up a 20 pill bottle of Stacker2. Jillian recommends it, so I figured I'd give it a shot and see how I like it before committing to the larger bottle.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote