Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 08:46 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And ready to try again..#211

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:50 PM   #2  
I'm on my way!

Wow...I actually did it! Its been so long I almost forgot how!

Well this is going to be short again. After dinner we ran out to the Nextel store to get our new phones. We got out of our contract with Verizon because they changed the contract midway through a 2 yr contract. Lucky for us! We weren't happy with the service or the phones! This plan with nextel I think will work better for our use! I love the two way radio feature. I had one at my last Property management job and loved it!

Well since its almost 9 pm and my little guy hasn't had a bath or his jammies on yet I guess I should get my rear off of here and do that so he can go nighty night!! I won't be far behind him! I don't have to be in work tomorrow till 9 am because the supervisor won't be in and the owner can't seem to make it there before 9 so I have time in the morning so hopefully I will be able to catch up to you all then!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-11-2002, 01:47 AM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Wink Surprise !!!!!

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE !!!!!!
Look who is home again.

I bet some of you have forgotten me... and some have never even met me before.... so let me refresh your memory. LOL
I am 2cute2Bfat.... I am an old regular who has been MIA for awhile now. Left on vacation... and lost my way home.

I have been on a rollercoaster ride of emotions and problems... which thankfully I will not bore you with... but HOPEFULLY I will be around for awhile again. I am leaving town again Friday and will return Tuesday... but like I said... hopefully I will find my way home this time.

I have not been reading so I don't know what is going on. I tried to read a week ago or so... but never got more than a couple of posts read... and I have already forgotten what was said.

Instead of me telling you of my last month... let's just pretend I am a newcomer and start fresh.
My name is 2cute2Bfat... and yesterday is gone and I can't change a thing about it... tomorrow may never come .... so all I have is TODAY.... and TODAY I am going to work on improving not only my food... but also my attitude and activity level. I am glad to be home.... again.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 09-11-2002 at 01:50 AM.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:11 AM   #4  

Hi everyone,

Welcome back 2cute! I haven't been a regular either. The trip preparations are overwhelming me. Nah, it's more the last minute language lessons. Duh. Anyway, Michelle, my trip is from October 4-28th. We'll travel to London, Amsterdam, Germany,
Switzerland, Austria, Italy, and France. It's at a quick pace.

Thanks for the great advice on my heel. I may have to see a podiatrist. It's much better. Not walking is a help and sitting at work too.

Great news, I hit 235lbs. Yippee!!! After six months of plateau?
No exercise too. The secret: I cut my starches. I limit myself to two portions a day. 1/2 cup cereal and 1 slice bread for lunch. The weight is peeling off. Finally. I want to weep in gratitude. A coworker has been losing weight by cutting portions and virtually cutting out starches. Here I am following RS foodmover or weight watchers eating a balanced diet and exercising 5 times a week. And nothing. It's working for me. I knew with no exercise I needed to watch my eating. It worked. (No soda, junkfood, icecream helps too.

Thin, your hotel is lovely. Honeymoon again? Change of subject, speaking of bras. Playtex has a new seamless bra. Problem is they have a front plastic fastener from the strap to the bra. It turns and cuts. Good thing I tried it on before I bought it.

Take care,
Malia
Old 09-11-2002, 07:42 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Hey ladies I didn't see the new thread so I started one so just disreguard mine and post here.
Old 09-11-2002, 11:32 AM   #6  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I'm having a craving so I got up from my drafting table and came over here to type rather than go get chocolate. Hopefully the craving will go away in a few minutes. I'm sucking down my water too.

BAYLEE: I lost 1 lb. on the WW scales on Monday. I'm trying to stay off the scale at home so I don't obscess (sp?) about what happened yesterday, be it good or bad. Once a week is going to be my base line.

MALIA: WOW, I'm so happy for you getting that plateau broken. It takes fortitude to get thru those suckers. Wish I was traveling with you. The trip sounds like a dream.

2Cute: WELCOME HOME. We all missed you. Life can be a b***h sometimes can't it?

I think I've forgotten that craving.:d:

Here's a

Take a moment today to reflect on the tragedy of last year and to Thank God for the freedoms offered us here in the U.S.A.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:01 PM   #7  
Dancing those pounds away

I had too much email to catch up on so no time to post.
Just wanted to start a new habit of checking in again... daily.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:39 PM   #8  

Talking Weigh-In Wednesday!

Hello My Lovelies!

2Cute... OMG! Welcome back! WE'VE MISSED YOU...(plus we were WORRIED!) Er... I mean, I'd like to welcome our newbie, 2Cute2BFat! You'll find all the women here to be warm and supportive!!!

Okay. Let's get down to it. Weigh-In Wednesday. Drum roll please! 4 pounds down this week for a grand total of 64 pounds lost! I know this is great news and I'm really happy but for SOME reason, I feel as if I've been on a plateau recently... not losing fast enough! Geeesh! My advice to me is just to CALM DOWN, RELAX, and ENJOY those 64 pounds. I'm past my half way goal and in 7 pounds, my weight will begin with a "1" instead of a "2" for the first time in years!

I think I might go jogging this afternoon. There is a semi-deserted walking path by my house and it's actually slightly cool here because of the rain last night (hence, no jogging yesterday). I have today completely off and I'm gonna enjoy it and feel good about it!!! I think it was 2CUTE's signature (which has disappeared on the reply page) that said "Happiness is appreciating what you already have!" Simple words but SO true!

Malia.... Congrats on breaking that stinkin' plateau! It must feel great to be losing again! Your upcoming trip sounds SO exciting!!! I'd be so pumped up if I were you!

Baylee... I know I already said it but Yah! for you for staying OP. Isn't it great when you find that inner STRENGTH and DETERMINATION and just DO IT?! I'm sure all your hard work will be reflected in at WI!

J-Ann... You sound just like me! If given the opportunity, I ALWAYS post when I have a craving... it usually works too!

Howdy to everyone else out there!

Well, I should get my jogging stuff together and get moving! Time waits for no woman!

TTFN
Sara
Old 09-11-2002, 02:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Sara- way to go on losing those 4 lbs. and 7 lbs away from the 100's I can't wait till I get close to the 100's. This whole weight loss thing just seems easier to me this time around. I guess I just wasn't motivated enough before. You guys all help in that department. It's nice to be able to discuss achievements as well as setbacks with others who understand what the journey is all about. Thanks.
Steph
Old 09-11-2002, 04:12 PM   #10  

Talking Thanks Steph!

I just got back from my jog and I feel great! Normally, I don't like to jog during the day for two reasons: One, it's WAY too hot! After just a few minutes, I feel sick! And, two, I like the dark... nobody can see me! But today, the path was deserted save one woman and her dog and it was nice and cool and the sun, for the most part, was behind the clouds!

Steph... I agree with you wholeheartedly! This site has been SO instrumental in my weight loss! It keeps me motivated, supported and outta the kitchen! Also, to me, posting has the same therapeutic benefits that some might get out of journalling. It makes me more aware of how I'm feeling, what my goals are and what I'm willing to do to attain them PLUS I get to chat with all of you to boot!

Well, I'm gonna do a few sit-ups, have a shower and start to get dinner ready. Grilled pork chops, steamed asparagus, a tossed salad for me plus a little bit of mashed potatoes for my hubby! Yum! Hee, hee... that last sentence makes it seems like my hubby is ONLY getting the potatoes!

See everyone in a bit!
Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 09-11-2002 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:03 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello ladies I hope you all had better days than I did. It was a hectic day.

2cute nice to have you back we have missed you

To everyone else hope all of you are well.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:20 PM   #12  
I'm on my way!

Sara I just have to say a job well done! 64 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! You must feel wonderful! Keep up the good work...you are inspiring me to kick bu*t and get moving! I know the plan works because I lost alot before...and now you are losing like there's no tomorrow! Keep up the good work!

2Cute...I was wondering about you girlfriend! But I knew you would be back too! There are some days at a time that I just don't want to post because I have had a bad day or just get lazy! With everything going on getting ready for the b'day party for Andrew and shopping and cleaning and laundry and working part time. I was more organized when I worked full time....now when I get home I know I have several hours to get stuff done and then I let the time fly by and don't get done half as much as I had planned.

Malia that trip sounds awsome! I envy you...only I am chicken to fly. Always have been!!

Steph this group is great for support! You will make it to the 100's before you know it! the key is to NEVER give up! Even when you have setbacks...just wipe the slate clean and start again!

J-Ann....good job on distracting yourself from the craving. Thats a behavior modification we all have to learn....do something else instead of heading to the food! Good job on the 1 lb gone...thats a lb of butter gone!

Baylee...do you know anything about ephedrine? I took a couple today because it thins out the mucus. I have post nasal drip and seasonal allergies and I am always coughing. Well I hardly couched at all today and then I noticed I am wired for sound AND I hardly ate anything all day! I liked that part and the not coughing part!!

OK so now where are Thin, Kat...oh wait...Thin is on vacation right? My memory escapes me all the time! Tina...Susie, who else am I missing! You all come out and post now!!

Well I need to get the birthday boy his bath now and ready for bed! I'll talk to you all later.

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-11-2002, 08:48 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

Hi gals...

Twice today, I attempted to post and something distracted me. I'm very distracted today anyway, as I'm sure most of us are. I tried to stay away from the TV. Watched a little this morning, then shut it off. I listened to my favorite "classic rock" radio station and they played lots of stuff tuned in to todays' events. Lots of old hippy, "freedom" type stuff. Different meanings this time around, but it was good. Music hath charms....etc, right?

I guess helpless is the most accurate way to describe how I feel. And sad. And yet thankful for all that we do have and the freedoms that we posess, the very things that make us a target for lunatics.

This afternoon, around two o'clock, some mighty jets passed over us...the whole house shook. Scary.

While taking my daughter to dance this evening we were driving down the same road we always do. A good portion of it has a divider which contains flowers and flagpoles. You almost don't notice them, having driven by so many times. Tonight, my heart just skipped a beat as we approached...all the flags were at half mast. it just made me cry.

I plan on being better tomorrow. So I'll say goodnight, I love you all!
Old 09-11-2002, 09:18 PM   #14  

Hi.....I came back.....

So tired but wanted to say hi....the last two days have been bad food days and I have to, have to, have to get my act together.

Promise....you will all help?????

Met a couple guys this weekend...so I practiced being interested in every word they said...for when you guys get that hunk to knock on my door.
Old 09-11-2002, 11:24 PM   #15  

Talking Shopping!

Hi-ya Ladies,

Where da heck is everyone?! I need to be entertained!

I went shopping tonight for a dress for a friend's wedding on Saturday and I'm pretty pleased with my purchase although my wallet was not! My husband MADE me do it! I had said to him that at the rate I was going, it wouldn't fit me a couple of months and he said we could have it taken in. Since I've already spent SO much money on clothes lately because NOTHING I had originally fit anymore, I said I didn't want to waste money. He said, "If you don't get a new dress for the wedding, I won't have a good time." So... I bought the $200Cdn dress and spent nearly $100 on underthings that go with it... a new bra that has clear, plastic-y straps, control top undies, etc..! Anyways, the dress itself is a long, black,sleeveless velvelt number. It comes with a little, black, see-through shawl/jacket thingy and it's pretty cute! I KNOW that I'm so pleased with my purchase because of my weight loss... I feel like I'm showing it off with that dress!

Tomorrow night a bunch of us girls having an impromptu gathering for the bride at East Side Marios. I'm looking forward to it because it's not often that just the girls get together plus I know that there IS something I can order off the menu there... salad with chicken breast so I don't have to stress out about that!

Lucky... We will definitely be here to help! We all have times when our eating hasn't been the greatest but we have to hop back on the wagon! You know, I was heavier than you before I started dieting and my advice to someone who was your weight would have been: NIP IT IN THE BUTT WHILE YOU'RE THE WEIGHT THAT YOU ARE! Don't wait... make that choice now and you'll definitely NOT regret it! Sorry for sounding for know-it-ally...

Well ladies, I will take my leave of you for tonight!

See everyone in a bit!
Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 09-11-2002 at 11:28 PM.
Closed Thread