General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #1  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Default Stroke information?

I was just wondering if anybody knew how soon you could get symptoms of a stroke before it happens? My arm has been feeling funny since last wednesday (but not numb) and since friday, I have been losing focus with my eyes, and the eyes got worse today. I made an appointment with my doctor and he said the soonest he can see me is Thursday... do you think I have any reason to be worried, my mom is freaking me out.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #2  
Mentally ready

p.s. the eye thing only happen when I'm reading or looking at somebody a meter away.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Your pretty young to be having a stroke, what are you, 18? Not to say it COULDN'T happen, it's just very unlikely.
Signs of stroke are, blurred vision, problems swallowing and talking, dizziness, etc.
I doubt it's a stroke, but I'd still go to the doctor, better yet a walk-in clinic.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #4  
=D

I'm with Luvja - you're pretty young for a stroke - but it's good that you're getting it checked up on.

Oh man i hope everything turns out okay - but I'm, sure you'll be fine.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/240/146

Height: 5ft7

it sounds scarey I agree but there is a lot off other things it could be and one off them is a migraine...
I got freaked one day as my mum was having same issues as you. As we are live in tiny little village we called doctor and he came out.
He send to hospital to be sure and funnily enough turned out to be migraine even though she had the weird arm and eye and no headache.

let us know how you get on xxx
katyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #6  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

I had a stroke at the age of 32, it was actually several days before the full onslaught hit. The first thing I noticed was my jaw was hurting when I was chewing, I thought I had just eaten to much beef jerky. My left arm and hand started feeling wierd and my head hurt really bad. I would go ahead and go to like a urgent care center or walk in clinic and get checked out. It could be a migraine, they think the migraines I was having set off my stroke. I hope everything is okay, please keep us informed!! Huggers
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #7  
Mentally ready

Okay. My mom freaked me into going to the emergency and this is the explanation. All symptoms are not related. My arm was probably hurting because of my back. My eyes were going funny because my right eye is weaker than my left eye (still have to go to the optometrist to get that checked out). And I didn't mention this because I guess I was trying to lie to myself. On Friday night I had a funny feeling on the left side of my chest but figure it was just indigestion. Turns out it was because they did a heart reading or ekg or something like that and I was completely normal.
All is seemingly well, it was just a series of unfortunate events.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #8  
Mentally ready

Oh, they gave me tylenol 3 and novo naprox for my back.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Thank God, glad to hear it.
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #10  
Mentally ready

Thank you
Old 01-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/222.5/165

Height: 5'7

I am not sure about the before signs, but I am unfortunetly aware of the after effects. If your doctor can't see u before then, maybe it is not that serious. I am not a doctor, but they know when it is an emergency and when it is not. If u are that worried (as wellas ur family), then mabe you should go to another doctor or even the emergency room. I hope that you get better real soon.

P.S. please forgive my spelling!
junebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #12  
Mentally ready

I went:P see above post.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Glad it was nothing serious. I used to have problems with anxiety attacks. I would think I was having a stroke or heart attack. I would have pain in my chest (I really did!) my left arm hurt and I would have shortness of breath. On top of that I was getting these BAD head rushes.

It scared me and I went to the ER because I don't have med insurance and the VA Hospital is 20 miles away. A regular hospital is at the end of my street.

The first time I went to the ER they kept me all night in Intensive Care and could find nothing wrong with me. I got a bill a week later for $2,000.00

A few months later I had the same symptoms and again it scared me and I again went to the ER. They found nada and another $2K

NOW... I don't care if I am bleeding out my ears I am NOT going back to that freakin ER I will drive myself to the VA in Hampton! LOL!

I can't afford to have a heart attack or stroke!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 PM   #14  
Mentally ready

I am so happy I live in Canada. I only had to pay about 20 dollars for this whole ordeal (for the pills).
Old 01-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #15  
Mentally ready

So I didn't want to start another pitty me thread.... but I just got done a one hour crying fit because of the pain in my stomach that one of those stupid pills they gave me created. I went to bed, within a minute of lying down i started to get a pain half way from my chest to my naval. It hurt about 100X WORSE than my back ever did... The pain lasted a good hour or maybe a little less but I think I would rather just ****ing deal with the back pain the rest of my life than force that pain on myself again. I am NOT taking another one of those stupid pills.

Why the **** is this happening to me.............

Last edited by Beautiful Ace; 01-27-2009 at 12:42 AM.