Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat Jan 26 - Feb 1

Wow! Last week of January already. How's everyone doing? Are those New Year's plan changes working?

Have a great week all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:39 AM   #2  

Unhappy Not around much . . .

. . . this week. Work is this week for both DH and myself and my dad (when it rains it pours) is ramping up his demands on my time.

I'm going to try to drink my cold remedy (ginger, lemon, water and honey simmered for 20 minutes) each night as it seems to calm me down and cut my appetite.

I'll be maintaining the 2 lb. loss this week, rather that trying to lose.

Dagmar
Old 01-26-2009, 07:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Dagmar - Great job on the 2 lb loss! I know you will be able to maintain. Sorry to hear you are so sick! The cold remedy sounds good - keep chugging that and get plenty of rest. Take care of yourself. Do you use real ginger or powered ginger?

I lost a lb last week (I was surprised), so I am down 4 lb since the new year. I must stay vigilant and consistent. Did fairly well over the weekend with eating, though exercise was lacking - a one a walk and about 30 minutes of yoga were all I got in. I need to up my exercise this week.

Have a healthy week, ladies!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I would suggest you add a shot of bourbon to your cold remedy.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #5  

hey all...i've been more watching than posting a lot lately, but i'm still kickin around. my weight's being stubborn but that may have something to do with my love of carbohydrates. i've been working out 3x a week with weights though and feeling better about my body's shape. Here's to a good week!
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I would suggest you add a shot of bourbon to your cold remedy.
Oh, yes, good suggestion!!!

(And bargoo, congrats on the good news on your scan!)
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #7  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

We spent all day in and out of philly yesterday looking at apartments..and its really hard to turn down a philly soft pretzel, especially when your bf buys a dozen lol

I didnt lose any weight this week, just maintained the previous weeks loss. While I was bummed I only had myself to blame because I didnt exercise at all. I need to really get back into the swing of things this week. Aside from looking at apartments, since I dont have a job any more I can at least spend more time working out.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

I'm finally moved back into school (my semester started way late) so things should start to settle down. so far, i've lost just over 6.5 (like 6.8ish) pounds since the beginning of january, which i'm really hoping will keep me motivated. i would love to be under 140 by v-day. i found a group of people to go to the gym with, so that's exciting.
a really hot shower (but sit on a chair, or something) really clears my sinuses. maybe try that?
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

... Life is keeping me busy... I joined a BFL 12 week challenge in the Lifting part of the forum let's hope it keeps me motivated a bit...

Off to the gym...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

once i actually get to the gym, i feel so much more motivated to keep going. i was there for an hour today, and managed to run a complete lap around the track with out stopping. i did 2 of them with a little running inbetween. not insanely great, but i couldn't even run a full lap in juinor high, so that felt pretty awesome. i did about a half hour of cardio total (biked, too) and about a half hour of weight training. it's amazing how quickly the body really responds to what we throw at it.
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #11  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Hey - I keep meaning to post but just like now I keep running out of time!

ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Hey - I keep meaning to post but just like now I keep running out of time!

ditto
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I hope it's not too late to join!

I'm trying to lose about fifteen pounds, to get back to my pre-bf weight. And it's so hard to stay on track. I'm hoping that getting involved on this website will be the key I need to stay accountable.

Starting tomorrow (since I'm about to go to bed), I'm going to start tracking my calories on the Daily Plate. I'm going to eat no more than 1700 calories a day, and I'm going to eat at least 80 grams of protein. I'd been tracking my calories on another website, but since I've read so many good things about the daily plate, I figured I'd give it a try.

I'm hoping that writing my goals in a public forum will help me to stick with them!
MadelineinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #14  

Madeline! Never too late to join.

My week has been . It's not an excuse but I've used it to go completely off plan. Sometimes I just get sick and tired of it all. I have a bit more time for things the next few days so will get back on track starting today.

I really, really want winter to be over soon. It's taking everything I've got to just keep going now. Every dog walker I've talked to in the last few weeks is feeling it too.

Dagmar
Old 01-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

DH flew (or is flying) to Idaho for his grandfather's funeral on Saturday so it's just me and the boy this weekend. He has a Karate tournament tomorrow morning and then team practice in the afternoon. I'm going to take the afternoon to search for a new set of golf clubs (wish me luck) and if I'm successful, the boy and I will hit the driving range on Sunday.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote