View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #167
sirak
Dieting Diva

Tell us about yourself!

I joined 3fatchicks in January of 2007 . Over a period of 8 months I lost 80 pounds. I walked with WATP until I was fit enough to work out with Jillian's Girls.It was fantastic. I changed my eating habits and my son began to also understand how eating could change his ability to perform as an athlete at school.

Is this the first time or one of many times that you've tried to lose weight?
This was the first time I seriously did something about it. Between the babies I managed to lose weight, but I would gain it back again.

Are you where you want to be?
Well no, I am four pounds over the weight I had when I stopped posting at 3FC.I never made the 142 pound goal I set for myself mainly because I was so happy at the spot I was in.Right now eating is still healthy with a burp here and there. Exercise is 5 days a week because it's apart of my job.

How has life changed for you since you've lost the weight?
I think that is a huge part of my story. I am now a single Mom, working on getting a divorce and dating. I live in the city and gave my beloved horse away. I work full time as a catering assistant around food after being a SAHM for five years.I can climb an 8 ft fence and the last trek on the bike was for 25 miles.

If you're maintaining, what's that like for you?
Maintaining is easier than dieting as I don't measure calories. I look at fat and protein no longer use fitday although I have visited there to remind myself of the way life was when I started. I do have one day a week that I make a turkey burger or fix myself eggs and cheese on the grill.

Do you exercise regularly?

Part of job involves walking a facility that employees 3600 people.I no longer lift weights, but cases of soda and water. I sit down at lunch and for a small morning break. Before I moved to the city and was hired for my job I ran the stairs at the small high school stadium. Regular jogging gave my knee fits- but I knew I had to so something to keep at it.I still do some pilates and yoga on weekends when my kids are with their Dad.

Now that you're near or at your goal, what are your concerns?
I know that my muscle mass has changed from when I was lifting and being true to plan. I don't think it is an issue of weight loss, but I just need to eat cleaner and focus on getting more exercise on the weekends.

231-------------160------------142
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote