Old 01-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266.3/232/150

Height: 5'7"

Post This has been the worst weekend

Just want to say that I've been off my diet this entire weekend. I've been eating everything in sight due to some BIG revelations this weekend.

#1: A very close friend of the family found she has cancer this week. They don't know where it is, only that it's not looking too good (oh, and I'm totally in love with her son who I have been friends with since I was 7...)

#2: My mom's boss had a mild heart attack this weekend due to stress at work. Now she's not sure what going to happen with her job.

#3: This one had the most impact. Found out my dad has been smoking weed my entire life and he decided to bring it into the house this week. This was something HUGE for me because: my brother is in jail for something pot related, my other brother killed himself when he was smoking pot and drinking, and my nephew was arrested with pot a little over a year ago (just to clear this up, all 3 of them have/had undiagnosed bipolar disorder). Just changes how I think about things, especially related to him.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around everything right now. I'm planning on staying on the diet tomorrow because after today's craziness, I threw away everything that was unhealthy. So really, I have no choice. Please pray for me and for my family (and for friends of the family to get through this crazy time. Thanks.
CeCeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I hope everthing turns out well for everyone. Take care of yourself.
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:13 AM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Everyone slips up, getting back on the horse is the part to focus on.

Anyhow, I will keep yer friends and fam in my thoughts.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #4  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #5  

Almost all of us are emotional eaters, it is to be expected. Just remember, it's only one day and a bad day doesn't end a lifestyle change.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #6  

when my life starts to spin out of control I always try to keep in mind that my getting healthy is one thing I can control in my life..
Baby steps.. You hang in there...I am sending prayers your way...
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

So sorry to hear about your stressful times. Things will get better! I will pray for you, your family, and your family friends!
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #8  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

*hugs* That sounds like major stress & I hope all that are involved come out ok!

Yes just remember that this is one of the things that you can control & in doing so might help you keep somewhat of a level head when you think things are totally out of your hands.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #9  
Nine years to go!

S/C/G: 270/256/140

Height: 5'2

You can't control your friend's health. You can't control your mom's job. You can't control your dad's activities.

You CAN control what you put in your mouth.

Stress sucks... it is one of my biggest triggers too but you can deal with it in better ways. Get outside and take a walk. Go to the humane society and take some lonely pups outside for a romp. Volunteer at a soup kitchen. Get out of the house and away from the fridge!
Ten Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm so sorry to hear of all this stress. Wow. Some big stuff happening.

But like's already been said, staying in control of your food, making the decision to eat good foods is indeed one of the few things in life we DO have control over. And now STAYING on plan has been one of my biggest sources of comfort, yes comfort, during times of stress. Who wouldv'e thunk it?

The weekend's not over. Start taking care of YOU right this minute. What's done is done. Move on. Our dear Jayell has a great saying, something to the affect of

If you trip down a stair do you then proceed to throw yourself down the remainder of the staircase? No, of course not. You pick yourself up aiming for as little damage as possible.

Another one of Jays phrases -

If you discover you have a flat tire, do you then proceed to slash the other 3? Of course not.

We try to escape with as little damage as possible.

Make yourself a nice healthy salad for lunch. A scrumptious healthy dinner and add in some delicious on plan snacks. Pick yourself up this very minute. Ya hear???? Good.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

If you can afford it, go out and eat a nice big salad at a restaurant and get away from all the stress for a bit, just relax and let someone wait on you.

I agree, so many of us are emotional eaters. Since you know that, don't worry about what you did eat, just think about getting straight back on plan.

I am sorry so much is going on at one time, but it is true that since you can't control it you need to focus on what you can control and take care of YOU.

take care and best wishes....
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 251.5/162/140

Height: 5'3"

That's a lot of stress. Don't dwell on what you have eaten, focus on what you are going to do from now on. Don't beat yourself up over a slip--that is all it is. Take care of yourself. You can get back on plan.
amyk0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Everything I can think of to say has been said. I just wanted to offer my support and some hugs.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote