Old 01-23-2009, 09:07 AM   #1  
Nine years to go!

S/C/G: 270/256/140

Height: 5'2

Default Body changing without letting the scale in on the plot.

I've been STUCK now at 255.8 all week. I have had such a busy week, the kind of week that has always made me go off plan before. But I've stayed on plan, I haven't missed a single day at the gym, and I've been really happy with my discipline!

This morning I pulled out a pair of size 18 jeans that used to be so tight in the middle that fat rolls spilled out the top. I slipped right into them and have a thumbs width of extra room in the waist. I wore a shirt today WITHOUT a W in the size (yeah, its an XL).

So, the point is I KNOW I am getting smaller. Why hasn't my scale noticed? It is discouraging!
Ten Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Perhaps you are building muscle? Size 18 is pretty great. Even at my height, I was wearing an 18 when I started.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

it is so discouraging when this happens!!!! i have been at 178 since the beginning of january...but i have lost a total of 4.5 inches on my body! we are working hard and to not see the numbers on the scale being lower is a total bummer have you tried tracking by inches instead?
daniellapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Your scale measures a lot of things including water. Often our bodies hold onto water, especially after we've lost fat. So we can be thinner but weigh the same.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #5  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Um...NO fair! I'm taller than you and weigh less! How come you get to wear an 18 while I'm still in 22's? I haven't worn an XL in 15 years! I'm still too big for my 1X tops!

My girlfriend used to tell me I was fluffy...not fat! Fluff must be bigger than fat! She was the same weight/height as I and was two sizes smaller. Grrrrrrrrrr....

Congrats on the XL, btw. My jealous rant is all in good fun.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #6  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

I logged on to post a thread about the exact same thing!! I have done really well this week and and was very hopeful about the results and.....nothing. But I couldn't shake the feeling that my midsection was smaller. So I pulled out the tape measure and I had lost and inch in my waist in the last month. And I didn't have it pulled too tight (well, no more so than usual).

PFFFFT scale--the tape measure is my best friend today.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #7  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

See, I kinda have the opposite issue lately.. I lose weight but not sizes.

You're doing a great job!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I've had the same problem! I'm like what the heck?! But last night I kicked it into gear and got about -500 calories in and the scale went back down a pound, I'm just kicking it into overdrive right now.

I think if you are stressed or not sleeping enough that can also play a part in the scale not budging.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #9  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I think measuring is a great way to tell if you are losing weight if the scale isn't moving... there can be so many reasons why you would get different results on the scale, but the measure tape doesn't lie.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #10  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

I was going to vent about this too! I seem to be stuck at the same weight yet I have underwear that I had to retire because they aren't fitting! I am glad I am losing inches but I am in a challenge and I hate to still be at the same weight! I workout two times a day Monday through Thursday and I have been doing very well. I am trying desperately to get past 275 because I was at that weight more than two years ago and it's the smallest I have been in more than three years. Me and 275 are in a non stop dance it seems. I swear I think I am going to empty my bladder, strip butt naked when I am hungry and then weigh myself. Maybe then I will be under 275.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #11  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow twice a day that's willpower! So far this week I've worked out 3 times- that's my new year's resolution and I've managed to stick to it the past two weeks.

When I get home I don't want to leave lol- I work out half an hour M-F and if I have time drag myself to the gym on the weekends- usually my sister goes with me then so it's easier- last week I worked out at least 5 days
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

One thing I've learned in the last year is Patience! I will sometimes go three weeks without a drop on the scale while at the same time my clothes are getting looser. Then I will lose a chunk of weight. I've read here that many people lose weight this way. Just don't get discouraged and give up! Make up your mind to just stick to your plan. I do my thing and the scale does it's thing. It always catches up eventually, and then I have a good squeal of happiness while I'm standing on the scale naked except for my panties
I always think about how awful I would have felt if I had given up and eaten everything in sight!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #13  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I do find that when the scale is NOT moving... the inches are. Congrats on your size 18's!!! I was so happy 3 weeks ago when I could buy a 24 as I had NOT been a 24 for like 10 years
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #14  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

It's a plot, Ten Years -- I tell you, it's just another part of the enemy's evil plan! See, those nasty fat critters can tell when we get too dependent on the numbers of the scale and then they start playing with our heads. They WANT you to be discouraged and confused and to wander off plan as a result. They don't want to end up homeless!

But you are simply too smart for them. Your clothes ARE fitting differently! You DO feel better and have more energy! You ARE standing taller because you have decisively taken charge of your body and your life! The signs are all there that the hard work you do each and every day is paying off, each and every day. Ignore the confusion and little voice of doubt --- those didn't come from you; it came from them!

And whether it is more muscle or holding on to some water or whatever, it DOESN'T MATTER. Physics and biology will NOT be denied! You keep working it and those pounds WILL go away. Bye, bye, bye.

So stand up tall, throw your shoulders back, put on your most devasting smile and walk -- no, STRUT -- past those nasty little critters. Their days are numbered and right now, those are the only numbers you have to worry about.

Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #15  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Regardless of what the scale does, I am on a mission! I am not going off my eating plan and I am not gaining the weight back. I have been losing the Battle of the Bulge for waaaaaay too long now. Nope those days are over! I can't live like that anymore. My health got so bad and I couldn't even fit my underwear anymore! I thought that that was how my life was going to be but I have a new way of looking at life and going back up on the scale, gaining weight and being unhealthy is NOT on my agenda! Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I am definitely staying put with my exercise and eating right!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote