Old 01-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default New Too

I'm going to quote myself from my post in the bio thread because I don't feel the need to rewrite it over again.

Quote:
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated, staying on plan, getting bored with food, carbs.

Following any specific plan: Non-Specific Low Carb (Dr Recommended due to health condition)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

I'm really frustrated with every aspect of my life right now. I'm not sure what to do about it. The main thing that is bothering me is my weight because I think everything that bothers me, all leads back to how heavy I am. My weight is preventing me from doing the everyday things that need to be done, what ever those things may be. I needed somewhere to turn so I decided to Google ~ I'm feeling lucky, "Weight Loss Message boards" and this one popped up. I came and lurked for a little bit and I like what I have seen so far. I'm looking for support without criticism as I have encountered criticism on other forums. It is one of the things that has prevented me from continuing on with other sites. I hope this Message Board will be different.

Seeing the thread about what 100 lbs looks like really hits home with me. I never thought about putting 100 lbs into perspective. Yes I have did the comparison with the 5 lbs of sugar and how that is equivalent to me carrying around 5 extra lbs of fat. But I'm not carrying around 5 extra pounds I'm carrying around 125+ of extra fat. I'm pretty frustrated and depressed about it.

I'm not sure if I'm going to follow any particular low carb plan or not. I'm just undecided. But I did go grocery shopping today. I bought plenty of healthy low carb foods. No frankenfoods.
I'm sick right now with a pretty bad cold and I don't feel like I should necessarily start my "diet" tomorrow or the next day. Maybe on Sunday or Monday. I tend to eat healthier when I'm sick simply because I don't want anything heavy.

I hope to receive positive support here. It seems like everyone is very supportive and non argumentative. I like it so far.

Thanks.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Hi, welcome!
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #3  

Hey Welcome...
I am so like you...Sick and tired of being sick and tired...
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

If ya ask me - you did get lucky when Google pointed you here.

Good for you getting healthy low carb foods - I wish you luck and hope to see more of you around here. Or less as you shrink.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266.3/232/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!
CeCeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #7  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I eat only whole grains/sweet potatoes/low glycemic foods too.

I also try and get as much fiber as possible cuz that helps with health issues, cholesterol, sugar, etc.

I have high sugar and high cholesterol. Im fat on top of the fact that I'm on a medication that can cause HIGH SUGAR and HIGH CHOLESTEROL.

augh!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #8  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat View Post

If ya ask me - you did get lucky when Google pointed you here.

Good for you getting healthy low carb foods - I wish you luck and hope to see more of you around here. Or less as you shrink.

Funny you should say that...

I have a lifetime membership that I paid hundreds of dollars for at Beverly Hills Weight Loss and Wellness. *rolls eyes* Everytime I'd go in and weigh she would tell me "I hope to see less of you next time!"

Speaking of Beverly hills, It was a great eating plan to follow. It was fairly simple but you had to drink 3-4 protein shakes a day that you had to buy from them and it was very expensive!

I swear I'm just at my wits end. I just don't know how to let go. I pray and fight and pray and cry and pray and pray and etc....

My husbands 1st cousin is in the hospital right now, she just had the lap band surgery. She has struggled with her weight for a long time now. I just think maybe she thinks she is taking an easy way out because based on my conversations with her... she thinks she is just gonna get skinny and all will be well.
I don't know a lot about WLS but I know you have to eat some kind of a special diet afterward so you don't damage anything internally I guess anyway. But I feel that if (me personally) I could go throught that and change my diet why cant I just do it now without WLS? I have thought about it, but I'm too chicken to do it myself. I'll let her be a guinea pig for me.... so to speak....??

I'm venting if you haven't noticed already.

I have been fat the majority of my life. I was a normal sized child until I hit about 5-6-7 years old and from there I started to gain weight. I gained very gradually then when I hit puberty it escalated and I gained a bunch.

i had a step sister and I remember thinking that I wanted to be smaller than her when I was 6-7-8+ years old. There was one time when she gained more weight than me and I was so happy that I was the small one. How sick is that.

I have often wondered what my life would've been like if I had not ever been fat. I like to think I could have accomplished greater things than I have. But I guess I am where I am for a reason.

I don't really know how much I weigh right now but i assume I am between 250-265 lbs. I am only 5 ft tall and that is probably pushing the truth. Maybe more like 4' 11 3/4" or something.

My mom is a big lady too, so is the rest of my aunts also a few of my cousins all on my moms side. I don't know my biological fathers side at all, I never met him. *shrugs*

I estimate Mom weighs about 300 on a good day. Maybe more on a bad day.
She told me last week that she weighed 265 when she went to the dr . But she has a tendency to lie about things sometimes.

One of the things I have always said was that I would not EVER let myself get as big as my mom. I kind of prided myself on being the small one in the family. But that is just my sick and twisted mind talking up to myself.

There have been a few factors that have made me really see how big I really am.

1. I saw a few pictures of myself and I had a double chin and a huge face. I used to not have that.
2. My fat does not fit me as well as it used to. This may sound silly but I don't know of any other way to describe it. My fat used to be firm fat but now it's jiggly fat. Yeah, I know its crazy talk...
3. My husband won't let me climb up into the attic anymore in fear I might fall and get hurt.
4. I see the weight limit on the attic ladder (300 lbs) and I know it is not far away from what I weigh. It scares me.
5. I sleep a lot and I don't have any energy.
6. I have isolated myself from my friends and family.
7. I have allowed my house to become a mess.
8. I'm not as happy as I once was - I don't know if I was ever happy.
9. My mom has started making jokes about my weight.
10. My brother has started making jokes about my weight.
11. I have begun to think I will always be fat.
12. I cancel my appointments because I don't want to face the public.
13. I cant fit into any of my 2X clothes anymore.
14. All my shirts have grease spots between the titties, from where I have dropped food on myself.
15. I have started shopping for shirts in the mens section because the ladies t shirts show too much arm.
16. I don't want to have sex because it hurts to get into position.
17. I feel like I disappoint my husband during sex.
18. I could go on for ever about this. I really have nothing positive to say other than I love my family. I don't even think I love myself at this point.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #9  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have Graves Disease and the ONE SYMPTOM of Graves that I WISH I had was the weight loss. But how unlucky am I to be in the small percentage that actually gains weight?

blech!

also,

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I appreciate it!

Last edited by hpnodat; 01-22-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #10  
FB

Hey you, welcome!

I really relate to most of your list there - I felt much the same way. I'm sorry things are no fun right now and wanted to offer my support.

Do this, stick with it and visit here often. I owe so much to this forum for support, inspiration and education throughout my weight loss.

Things will feel better - you're on your way. It's really a wonderful and fun journey - make the most of it.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #11  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Hello, Hpnodat !

How wonderful that you decided to join us here at command central for 100+! We have declared war on fat and this is where we come together to plan strategy, share information and even perform triage when one of us is wounded in battle. We need all the warriors we can get --- and you have declared yourself a warrior by taking that first step to post here.

Congratulations on having the strength and determination to begin --- it is never easy to do. But luckily for all of us, it is never to LATE to begin, either. I am a newbie, too (just joined a couple of days ago) but I can already tell you that there are some amazing people here, people who have fought their way back 75 or 100 pounds, people who will share what they know and who will support us knowing how hard this thing we are trying to do really is.

So here is some advice from another new kid in the platoon: start writing down everything you eat and when, so you can get a realistic picture of where you are; pick one small action step for tomorrow --- drink a liter of water, have a healthy breakfast, walk around the kitchen to music for 10 minutes --- any one positive step that you can do RIGHT NOW; finally, use this forum to break out of your isolation --- reaching out your hand to help someone else that is faltering or is frustrated or despairing might be the most important exercise you do. It is so uplifting to be part of the solution, not just the problem!

I look forward to hearing all about how you are doing --- welcome aboard!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #12  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Welcome,

I relate to all those things. It's really hard. I wonder too, what my life would have been like had I been thin. I mean, sometimes I think, I prolly would not have met my bf of 14 years because he likes chubby girls, lol, but really, I imagine things would've been easier in a lot of ways, socially espcially.

I always see thin people and I know it's wrong and not true, but I think, "God, there life must be so simple." I know that's now right or true or whatever and everyone has their cross to bear and that when I lose life will not suddenly get easier, but I have lost before, and a lot of things kind of fall into place.

and when I lost bf liked me even more, so, meh. Nothing to worry about there I guess. He kind of got used to it and loved my hourglass figure. cna't wait to get it back!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #13  

Hello! and

Glad you found us!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Welcome - you've come to a great forum! There's lots of friendship, support and good ideas here. So glad you posted.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #15  
One pound at a time...

to the forum!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote