Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 06:27 AM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Wink ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~ # 150

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 09-05-2002, 03:37 PM   #2  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

I hope everyone is doing good. I am doing a lot better lately with the sinuses although I wouldn't call myself totally well. At least, it is tolerable now and no pain in the face.

Marlana~What do you have left to do in your husband's room. It looked done in the pictures that you took. My only project this year to finish is washing the outside of the house and washing all the windows inside and out. The house is vinyl siding and hasn't been washed good since it was new. We did the whole front last year but not the rest. With all this rain we are getting and the humidity, it is turning green. That is a big problem in these wet woods. I am glad that you finally heard from your daughter. Maybe you will get to see your grandchild more often now. That is a really cute attachment on the new thread.

Kina~I hope that you are not burning yourself out. You need to take some time for yourself and rest each day if it is only for 15 minutes.

JoJo~I hope that you are feeling better with the sinuses. The doctor said that it (the sinus crude) was really going around this area. I am still congested and sneezing and using tissue but feeling a lot better. I don't want to take any more antibiotics though because it is not good to take so many of those things but it is worse to only take a little and not cure the problem. My monitor died the other day and I borrowed one from the church but it was so old and would only work on my computer in safe mode. Anyhow, yesterday my husband bought me a new one that is 17". It is only 2" different than my old monitor but is very different. It is going to take me a while to get used to it. It is also a super flat screen.

Hello to the rest of you ladies that have been absent like myself. Hope y'all have a good weekend.
Old 09-05-2002, 04:34 PM   #3  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Well I’m not sure where the week has gone, but tomorrow is Friday and weigh-in for another week. Last week I stayed the same, and it’s looking like it will be the same this week also. I’m good till I go home and then the weekend’s are not all that good either. Hubby leaves for Michigan to visit his folks and play some golf with his brother on Saturday, so I’m going to really work while he is gone on getting myself really back OP and exercising like I should. He’ll be gone till the 17th so that gives me 10 days to re-establish my routine.

This has to be the time of year for sinus stuff I’ve got a couple of friends here at work that have come down with it since it turned cool here last week. Well we got some rain over the weekend…almost 3 inches. Now the grass has started growing again. I was hoping Edward would come north…that the type of hurricane we need…very little wind and lost of rain…maybe next storm.

Marlana, thanks for the aviator! We have an 88 Ranger also and it has almost 300,000 miles. Now it’s used for going to the dump, hauling mulch and stone or when we’ve got a vehicle being serviced. It’s the first truck Hubby ever bought and I keep telling him that I plan to use it for his wake…going to sit him in his recliner in his favorite robe in the back end of the 88 Ranger…it would be so symbolic!

Well got to get back to work, will catch you all later and I hope everyone is having a good week…

Marybeth
241/184.2/160
Old 09-06-2002, 06:35 PM   #4  

Hi everyone.

I really like having 3 day weekends but the 4 days left to work are the pits. I'm way behind on one of my duties but its not because I only had 4 days this week, its because someone else was not doing their job and I was only getting a small portion of what I needed. Instead of 27 notices, I've got 446!!!!!! I was furious. Well, I'm not counting on the other person anymore, I've got someone else who will do it for me every month and I don't have to worry about getting any lip from him like I do with the person who is supposed to do it. Well, thats what I've been doing this week. I've still not started my regular work either. I am not worried about it. It will get done when it gets done.

Marlana, thanks for starting the new thread. Sounds like you are busy. I am feeling alot better, although I've got a sore throat. I don't feel real bad tho.

Skeeter, glad you are doing better. This bug has been a kick in the behind. It just hit me out of the blue. I really didn't have any symptoms until I woke up and felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Amazingly I made it to work except for going in 3 hours late one morning. I just couldn't get myself going.

I was just curious if the West Nile Disease has hit much in your areas? Someone at work was saying that there are over 200 horses with confirmed cases of it and theres been over 40 human cases and 3 or 4 have died. Dh has a veterans function with a cookout by the river in a couple of weeks and I'm making sure he has can can or two of mosquito repellant to take with him. I've not had any bites so far this year but I don't go out much in the evenings. They say its the little mosquitos that are the carriers. So be careful everyone.

Well, I'm going to get going. Take care and I'll talk to you all later.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:51 AM   #5  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
I'm still here--just super busy with the little lambs and all their activities in school, and my school--it's going real well, just keeps me busy. Any spare time I have, I feel like I should be studying, and there isn't much spare time to begin with!
I stayed the same last week, too, MaryBeth, and my sinuses have been killing me the last three days! I'm living on sinus pills and coffee...yuck. JoJo, we have West Nile here, in bird and some humans--I haven't heard about any horses, but I make the kids wear insect repellant, especially around the pool. I guess we'll close the pool in a couple of weeks, although it's still really hot here. And not a drop of rain! We're 9 inches behind for the year...we have no grass to speak of in the front yard any more.
I'd better run--just wanted to let you all know I haven't died !
Love you all, and talk at you one day this weeik.
Sally
Old 09-09-2002, 08:06 AM   #6  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Girls I can hardly move this morning. I spent a lot of hours bent over painting the rocks on the floor yesterday. Don't know if I will be able to do that today or not. I need to skip it for today. It's not like I don't have anything else to do. My hip is hurting me just setting in this soft chair. I have a new chair to set in while I'm working on the puter, the other one dumped me in the floor for the last time the other morning. I've not been on the puter much since last week when I finished my PI tuts. I'm not starting the next group until this winter. I'll forget everything I learned.

Jo Jo~~ I'm writing to you first because I want you to send me the picture you have of your Mom. It was a old one that was in bad shape. I want to see if I can repair it some. No promises, but I would like to try.

Skeeter~~I guess your still running yourself ragged. I had rather work as run here and there everyday. I thank I'm going to lose Cleo, he has a really knotty looking tummy. He's not eating well either. His fins are kind a got a gray color in them. In hubby's room I like painting some more border for the top and putting it up. I also want to paint some leaves on the blades of the ceiling fan. Of course putting up all the pictures and things on the walls. I bought some new whatnots at a bargain price the other day. I got some owls that is about a foot high, a fish that sets on it's bending tail that's about 8 or nine inches high, and some book ends with fishing things on them. The most I paid was 2.00. I love a bargain. I'll get back to his room after vacation and before I do the dinning room floor. Thank God I don't have to wash the outside of my house, but I do have to water the foundation.

Marybeth~~I'm not sure where all my time goes either. The older you get the faster it goes. Oh that sounds so good for hubby to be gone for 10 days, just take care of Marybeth for a while. Hubby and I haven't been apart much during our marriage at all. When he was a young man he use to go to Colo. and go hunting in the fall for about a week. Of course then I was so in love I could hardly stand for him to leave. Boy when he got back I would get so excited I could hardly stand it. Those were the good old days.

Sally~~Good to hear from you. I bet you are busy trying to run a house hold, work and go to school. I've took on a lot during my life, but I never went that for. I thank I've gone too for trying to paint rocks on the porch floor.

Well ladies, we are in bad need of rain again here so I have to start the watering routine this morning. It's 7 and daylight so I better get the sprinkler set up. Have a good week.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:49 PM   #7  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I worked with that new monitor until I was about crazy but came to the conclusion that the monitor has a problem that can't be fixed. It is fuzzy and I can't clear it up with any adjustments that I have tried. I packed it back in the box and it is going back to Wal Mart. Sunday we went to dinner with friends and ended up very close to Circuit City. I bought another monitor and it is wonderful. It is the same size and also a flat screen and crystal clear. I love this one.

Marlana~You sure are a creative person. It amazes me the way you decide to build something and do it or paint pictures and do that too. I don't think that there is anything that you can't do. None of your projects are easy either. Most people buy the stuff that you make form scratch. I have never heard of anyone painting their own border and now rocks on your porch. I'm sure yours will look better than anything that can be purchased though. I got one dog groomed today and will get the other one finished tomorrow. I am waiting until Thursday to take that junk monitor back and get groceries while I am there. Those two monitors ended up being the same price after a $20 rebate from Circuit City. I don't know what is wrong with that one from Wal Mart but it was giving me a headache trying to use it. This one is great. We also had to start watering again today. We got a little rain on Thursday but it was less than half an inch.

Marybeth~Are you enjoying having your own space while your husband is gone. I think it is good to get away from each other once in a while. My husband has made two trips back up to Maryland in the three years that we have been retired. It was good for both of us. I was glad to see him go and after a week, I was very glad to see him return. I haven't watched much TV in a while and was surprised to see another named storm up the coast. Maybe you will get some rain from that one. We only got three little rain showers from Edwourd.

JoJo~We are hearing reports during every news broadcast about the West Nile Virus. There were reports about horses in the beginning but I'm not hearing much about animals now with all the human cases. This is horse country around here and the virus is a real concern with all the rain that we have had. The mosquitoes are awful and I stay indoors as much as possible. I worry about my husband though because he stays outside a lot and acts like he is immune.

Sally~Glad to hear from you. Staying the same is better than gaining so hang in there. You have done really good and I am sure that you are going to reach your goal.

Hope y'all have a good week.
Old 09-10-2002, 04:21 PM   #8  

Wow, things have surely changed here since I last was here!!! I just want those who remember me to know I'm still WISHING that I'd lose weight. Just saw a headline on the front of a magazine in the store that said, "Lose weight, One Hour at a Time" I guess that is the only way we can do it. At the moment I am once again trying and maybe will be successful if I take it an hour at a time. newnana
Old 09-11-2002, 05:20 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone

I was home for lunch today and was watching tv and now I'm home and Oprah is on, she just showed a video of a man telling his son his mommy has died and wouldn't be home. It sure brings everything back. I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch all of the anniversary coverage of 9/11 or not. I'm just feeling really emotional today.

I just wanted to come in and say hello to everyone. Newnana, thanks for stopping by. Your right, one hour at a time. I'm trying. I do ok at work and then when I get home well, I'm not doing as bad as I have been doing. I have to start getting this weight off or I'm just going to keep piling it on.

Marlana, I will try to find that picture. Its been awhile since I have been in that file but I'll try to find it. That would be really cool if you could fix it for me, plus much appreciated. Oh, I wanted to tell you that I can't use that name avatar you made me for this thread because its so similar to the one I use at work and I wouldn't want anyone to guess who I was. I come in here and talk about things that go on at work, well, you know what I mean. Thanks for making it for me tho. I do use the one at work in all my emails tho.

Skeeter, I heard that someone at work has west nile but it takes 4 weeks to confirm it. I'm surprised that you've not heard about alot of horse cases because I know FL, especially Ocala is big on horses. Thats what I was told by my bil when they lived there. You are in the Ocala area aren't you? We visited my bil & sil in 83 when they lived there.

Well, I'm going to get going. I just wanted to say hello. LIGHT A CANDLE tonight in memory.
Old 09-12-2002, 06:21 AM   #10  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hidi Gals~~Better get in here and write a line or two before I start my daily rock painting. Not a lot of my mind, of course I don't have a lot of mind left for anything to be on. I'm in a funky mood today. Got a picture of a naked man in email this morning setting at his puter. If he hadn't of had whiskers I would have thought it was me. Got me to thanking about my fat. I'm thanking I sure need to get on the wagon and stay there. Help!!! I can say one thing, I do have enough brains left to know better than to have my picture taken with no cloths and then sent out all over the internet.

Skeeter~~There sure is something I can't do, I can't get on a good food plan and stay there. That is the thing I need to do the worst. One reason for painting the rocks on the floor is because the concrete is a little rough and it would be almost impossible to put any kind of flooring down. Now that I'm painting the rocks on the floor you can't see any of the roughness. I guess I just found out something else, I can't finish concrete good and smooth either, because I was the one that done that. I'll take a picture when I'm through.

Jo Jo~~I forgot your hiding out in here. Maybe I'll make you another kind so it won't be like the one at work. In fact when I just wrote that my mind went into gear on how I can make you one. I'll try a banner. Don't know that I can do it, but I can try. I've graduated from the Newbie group and now I've been invited to join the PING-PI group. You should have seen the things they made for yesterday. Some of them was great. I'm not that good yet. May never be.

Newnana~~So glad you dropped by to say hi to us all. Of course I keep up with you all the time. I hope your able to get some weight off. Sure has made me stop and thank about my weight. I've been trying for years to overcome this problem. Your about 10 years older than me and still trying. I ASK MYSELF, SO I STILL WANT TO BE TRYING TO OVERCOME THIS 10 YEARS FROM NOW. NO I DON'T!!!!!! Thanks for reminding me that today is the best day to do something about my weight. Come back and let us know how your doing.

Time to get myself in gear. Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-12-2002, 01:30 PM   #11  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Well it’s another week gone, hubby will be back on Monday and I haven’t got anything done that I wanted to…best laid plans. Had my annual physical on Tuesday and my Dr. is very pleased that I’ve lost what I have and am keeping it off. Found out I’m only 5ft 7 inches and I thought I was an inch higher…may have to adjust my weight goal for WW. I’ve started shrinking!

I get to pick up my new putter from UPS tonight (no one was home to sign for it)…now I’ll have real speed at home, no telling how long it will take to get it set-up…might not get it all done till this weekend. Moving files isn’t going to be fun for sure.

Not much else new around here, weather has turned cool but still no rain since Labor Day weekend. Hope all is well with everyone and NewNana it was great to have you stop in again. I really miss some of our old friends…

Marybeth
241/184.2/160
Old 09-13-2002, 07:09 PM   #12  

Hi everyone.

I got home from work tonight and dh totally grossed me out. While he was unloading something off his truck, he got a splinter. Not just a little splinter!!! This one goes all the way under his finger nail, clear to where your cuticle is. Nasty!!!!!!! EWWWWWWW!!!!! I can't even look at it without getting freaked out. He's going to have to have a Dr remove it and I told him I wouldn't go to the Dr with him either. I remember once he got a cut on the end of his thumb and had to have stitches and I had stepped out of the exam room and when I walked back in the dr was just sticking him with the needle to numb it and I turned and walked out of there so fast. I don't handle those kinds of things very well. Gives me the creeps thinking about having a splinter removed from under your fingernail. Ohhhhh, I'll shut up by now cause I imagine this is making you cringe to. Believe me when I say that his finger looks painful. So gross to.

I thought the work day wouldnt ever end. I was really sleepy to which didn't help.

Marlana, I think when you put your mind to it, you can do just about anything. I bet you end up making some really cool stuff in that other class you joined. Do you know how to turn things from a gif to a jpeg? I'd love to use some of my avatars in my posts once in awhile but I've got almost all gifs. A picture of a naked man, huh? I've not gotten anything like that in my emails for quite awhile.

Well, I'm going to get off here now. Take care and have a great weekend.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:34 PM   #13  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hope you don't mind Kina, but I'm moving your post over to this thread.

Kina
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I am here everybody. I was laid off from my evening job so now I am just working Mon & Wed and going to school on Tues & Thurs with a couple of hours at the office after class. Needless to say I now have some time in my day to catch a breath or two. I am happy about that. The kids are in a state of shock still that I am at home at night now. They were getting away with murder while grandma was watching them. Not anymore.

I think I may have mentioned my mom's weight challenge that was worth $750 bucks. Well my dad won at a loss of 32 lbs in 3 months! I only lost 11 in 3 months but I was happy with the fact that I weighed less on the weigh out than I did on the weigh in. So that was good enough for me. My mom started another weight challenge this one will be worth $450. I bought myself an elliptical machine for our anniversary present. I know kind of corny but that is what I wanted. It is hard but I have worked myself up to 25 min.

I joined this challenge at school also. It is called 100 mile challenge. It is through the athletics dept. You exercise at your leisure any exercise that you can count up mileage and report in weekly. I have til December 11 to complete 100 or more. For every 100 miles I complete I will earn a shirt. I figured well I will be exercising to try my best for my mom's weight challenge I might as well let my mileage count towards a T-shirt. So hopefully the two will go hand in hand and aid me in losing those extra pounds. I have been able to maintain my weight under 200. Today I weighed in at 195.5! I haven't be able to lose too much but maybe using the elliptical machine daily will get that scale moving.

Anyhow this thread has been slow or maybe you all made a new thread and I don't even know it. Well I hope everyone is doing well. Take care, talk later.

Corina

7/20/02 starting weight 4/week challenge 204.5
Goal....200...........hit goal 8/5/2002
New goal.....190......working to lose in 10s!
Old 09-14-2002, 01:12 AM   #14  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Angry Thanks Marlana

Thanks for moving my post. I appreciate that. Just knock me over with one of those rocks you were painting to get my attention next time. I hadn't realized you all had made a new thread. That goes to show just how out of the loop I had been. Along with VERY busy. But thank good ness that is all over atleast somewhat. I am still busy with my schooling and my part time job but nothing like my old schedule of wake up at 6am send the kids off to school, get dressed either go to work or go to school, then rush home to change for the evening job, then come home at 11:30 to do homework, exercise, shower and then go to bed...just to wake up and do it all over again with a big smile on my face mind you.

My husband is on this weight challenge with me and my family. You know the one I was talking about. Well I think he is following that Atkin's Diet, where you eat primarilty meat no carbs. Well he is the grumpiest dieter in the world. I can't stand the man. I yelled at him about his attitude and how I would have none of it this evening. His response to me well you get up and go to work at 5:30 am and then come home. Tell me how you would feel I am tired is what he said to me. I was like OOOOOOwww! TIRED? He wants me to understand tired. I snapped right back and told him I would wake up at 6am every morning wash dry clothes and fold go to work or school then come home to see our kids just 10 min then head out of this house to my 2nd job doing homework on my breaks and lunches then come at 11:30 to do my studying and exercise and not once did you ever get an attitude from me or any kind of unpleasant mood or tone! He had no response. We left it at that. Serves him right shoot I love him but I don't have a problem with standing my ground. I would do anything for my family no matter how tough it is and I will do it with a smile and shed my tears silently all because I love my family so much. He never saw or felt any of the stress I was going through and I don't think any of you did either. I have always been a positive person and I'll be darn if anyone will take that away without a fight. Even in the office at 8am nobody could tell I had had only 6 hours of sleep.

I just know he better get some carbs in him or something because he is a grouch.

So how are you all doing? You started a new thread I had to catch up on reading. Wow! I may have to go back and read all over again. I just kind of scanned. Well it is late. I was turning in some homework is why I am up late on the computer. I am heading for bed now.

Corina
Old 09-14-2002, 03:23 PM   #15  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

I hope that everyone is having a good weekend. It is so hot and muggy here and I am so sick of being stuck in the house all the time. I don't like being outside when it is this hot anyhow, but now the mosquitoes will carry you away. I long for cooler weather.

Marlana~Well losing weight has been a struggle for you and me. I remember though when you had lost 50#. That is a major accomplishment and I believe that you can do it again. We need to get our minds set to do this and then stick to it. I am going to set my date to begin in earnest for this Monday. I have a luncheon to go to on Tuesday but will have to count those points or just excuse myself and come home after the meeting and before lunch is served. I have a dinner to go to at church tomorrow also. That is why I set the date for Monday, so I can get through that dinner tomorrow. There are just too many things like that going on around me now. I need to remove myself from them if I can't control my eating.

Newnana~It is good to hear from you. I am also still wishing that I could lose weight but not being very successful. I need to get my mind made up just to do it and follow through.

JoJo~Yes I am just north of Ocala in the forest and I think that there are more horses here than anything else. The huge horse farms are beautiful all over this area. If I am not mistaken, there is a vaccine for horses against the virus. It takes so long to diagnose the cause of death in horses that only the first few cases made the news. I'm sure that all the big horse farms have vaccinated the horses. It's too bad that there is no vaccine for humans. Now we also have several cases of rabies in domestic animals. The latest was in kittens that a lady picked up in one county and took home to another county and gave all the kittens away. Now one of the kittens has been diagnosed with rabies. They are trying to track down anyone that handled any of the kittens out of that litter. Hope your husband heals quick and doesn't get an infection with that splinter.

Marybeth~A new computer, you lucky girl. I am envious. Mine just turned two years old and is so outdated already. I had to run the recovery disc on it recently which sure helped but it is still so slow. I sure can't imagine getting a new one though as I am the one that handles our budget. I need to make this one last for a very long time.

Kina~Good luck with that challenge at school. That is a great way to get motivated into getting that exercise. You are a very positive and cheerful person and we are so glad to have you in our group to keep us more upbeat. I am glad to hear that you have a lighter schedule though. I was afraid that you were on your way to a burnout. You are doing really well with your weight loss so far. Keep up the good work, maybe it will help to motivate me into action.

Y'all have a great weekend.
Closed Thread