Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #1  

Default Low Calorie Desserts

What is everyone's favorite low calorie desserts (Non Aspartame)? Do you have a favorite recipe that you have tried that is pretty low in calories and satisfies your sweet tooth.

Anyone make pudding without using the box mix? If so, how do you make it.
kh012009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm not much of an after dinner eater (my munchy time is the afternoon) but here are some of my favorites:

1. 100 calorie Kettle corn popcorn
2. Frozen fruit - dark cherries, mango especially
3. Baked apples with blueberries (I cube an apple, put it in the microwave for five minutes. Then, I add 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, cover and put it back in the microwave for 1 minute). If I have the calories, I like to top it with a tiny bit of granola.
4. Put a tbs of pumpkin butter in the microwave, heat for 10 seconds, dip a banana into it
5. Take a 50 calorie La Tortilla whole wheat tortilla, smear with 1 tbs of natural peanut butter, heat. Wrap around a banana - delish!
6. Take two graham crackers, spread cool whip between the graham crackers. Freeze.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'9

instant pudding (fat free)
mixed with fat free cool whip
put in the freezer for 45 minutes.
its better than icecream.
i dont know if it has aspartame though
fleming13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/250/150

Height: 5'6"

I like crustless pumpkin pie. I use canned pumpkin with egg whites, vanilla and spices and bake it in a pie plate. I put a tbsp of fat free cool whip on it- it is really good, and counts as a serving of veggies...
Macomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #5  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Here's a chocolate pudding recipe that's good. I've never worked out the calories, but it's low in WW points.

Pudding in a Cup

1 Tbs cornstarch
1 Tbs cocoa
1 Tbs sugar
3/4 cup skim milk
1/4 tsp vanilla or orange zest (optional)

In a cup, mix cornstarch, cocoa and sugar. Blend in milk a little at a time. Cook in micro 90 seconds or until it starts to boil. Cool and serve.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:20 PM   #6  

Thanks I will have to give that a try.
kh012009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:42 AM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Frozen Bananas: Slice bananas and freeze slices on a cookie sheet or a plate. Once the slices are frozen, you can put them a freezer bag or container. They taste like banana ice cream and are totally healthy. Heck, aren't bananas a superfood? And you can eat as many or as few at a time as you want (rather than having to eat a whole banana).

Yogurt Parfaits: Sweeten about half a cup of plain yogurt (I like to use Greek yogurt because it is thicker) with whatever sweetener you want (I usually only need about a tsp of sweetener). Top with fruit. For an extra treat, broil the fruit first, which will bring out its sweetness. You can add other toppings as well (e.g, nuts, a crumbled cookie or graham cracker, wheat germ, cereal), depending on how many calories you want the dessert to be.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #8  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

I like to take the nonfat Light N Fit Dannon yogurt and mix in PB2 powdered peanut butter. It tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without the bread!
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

My favorite is fresh cranberries cooked in orange juice, cooled in the refrigerator and then add crushed pinepple and a packet or 2 of Splenda. So healthy and tasty!
I am seriously addicted to this!!
azmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #10  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

I am going to have to try that apple and blueberry bake.... it sounds delish!

I am now doing the 100 cal kettle corn because I like that little bit of sweetness, and occasionally a sugar free chocolate pudding cup.
diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining at 135-140

Height: 5'5"

I mix a little fat free or low-fat cottage cheese, a spoonful of cocoa powder, and a packet of splenda. I sometimes add a little cinnamon too. (I don't measure the cottage cheese or cocoa, but probably 1/2 to 1 cup cottage cheese and cocoa powder to taste, maybe a teaspoon?)

This tastes kind of like fake chocolate cheesecake. So yummy!

I sometimes mix in sliced strawberries. If you microwave them first it is especially good. Or sometimes I add canned "tart cherries packed in water". The berries really bulk this up to make it satisfying without adding many calories.

This makes a good low-carb, healthy dessert!

Last edited by Bluebird; 01-24-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote