Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #1  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Question BFL eating plan vs. WW ??

I bought the BFL book a few months back, and am FINALLY going to start it after weeks of just cardio. My question is ... i've been on weight watchers, but noticed there is an eating plan in the BFL book. Which one should I follow? I like WW and have dropped a lot of weight on it, but wonder if maybe I should be following the BFL eating plan since I'm going to be lifting too? Any advice for me? Has anyone tried both?
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I'm doing BFL and it does have a "rough" plan. There's also a book Body for Life for Women that the hard core body for lifer's don't seem to like if you hang out at the official BFL forum... however the author of the book for women suggests also counting calories while on the BFL plan, rather the just portions as the main book/program suggests. Also she says to add in more calcium and veggies/fruit then is in the book. I've never done Weight Watcher's but I do think that it would be helpful to either calorie count or have some other formal way like WW points to track food better then just portions if you really want to lose. I've found the book Clean Eating Diet and the Clean Eating recipe book to be helpful with BFL, both seem similar with the goal of gaining muscle and losing fat. I don't know if WW requires you to buy their products and eat their prepackaged meals, but the more I learn to cook - and the BFL cookbook does have great recipes the more I'm enjoying eating clean. This BFL weight training is hard if you've been out of lifting or haven't done it - and since the "Champions" who've lost the most weight and transformed the most are proof that the program works - I'm following it as closely as possible. In just a few weeks I've seen amazing improvements with BFL, I did this program once before, got busy and quit so this time I'm more determined. As with any diet/exercise program you can make some modifications of course (I've also added a bit more cardio then the 20 min BFL requires - another 20 min med/light on cardio days)... but I really believe in BFL and I'd suggest if you mix WW and BFL to do it carefully within the guidelines of BFL because you'll be working out hard and you'll need those carbs and snacks!
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #3  
Working My Way Back Down

I think you can adapt the BFL to fit into WW points quite well. You should eat "clean" either way. WW doesn't require that you eat any particular foods so I'd just read through the BFL and see how many points it would be if you followed BFL. More veggies/fruits is always good, and you may want to up your protein which will help your lifting.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #4  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Thank you so much for your feed back! That's true, I could still count WW points (watch calories) while eating on the BFL plan. WW doesn't require you to eat their food, but I get their frozen lunches to take for work. So it's food that's not on the BFL "authorized" list that I would be eating. I was worried that I may not 'lose" as much or get as good of results if I strayed away from his menu.

Last edited by misspiggy408; 01-20-2009 at 11:25 AM.
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

You should come over to the Jan monthly thread if you haven't seen it; a few of us are starting BFL on Sunday. Wanna join us?
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote