Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #1  
Going on a cruise w NKOTB

Height: 5'3"

Default Sometimes ya feel like a nut .. sometimes ya don't.

As a new chick to Atkins (and by new I mean this is my second day) I still have questions. What about peanuts? cashews? pistachios? anything like that allowed on induction? Also, are you allowed to eat when you're hungry? I was under the impression you needed to measure/weigh etc.. but a co-worker said she ate what and whenever she wanted (that was Atkins approved.) Thanks for the help!

"I'm pretty, but I'm not beautiful. I sin, but I'm not the devil. I'm good, but I'm not an angel." -Marilyn Monroe
NickiChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

You should eat when you are hungry but it should be atkins friendly and you should only count the carbs (induction 20).

What I would suggest is getting the book and reading it because you will have much better success that way then listening to others. I got mine in the book store's bargin section, under $5. Make sure you get the 2002 version... is that correct Kim?

Good luck !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
You should eat when you are hungry but it should be atkins friendly and you should only count the carbs (induction 20).

What I would suggest is getting the book and reading it because you will have much better success that way then listening to others. I got mine in the book store's bargin section, under $5. Make sure you get the 2002 version... is that correct Kim?

Good luck !!!

Why only the 2002 version?
Old 01-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

To answer your question, nuts of any kind are not permitted on Induction. Nuts are not added until the 3rd rung of the carb ladder on OWL.

Nicki, I strongly suggest you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution before you attept to do Atkins. Trying to do this by hearsay isn't going to work. Yes Leenie, you are correct...be sure to get the 2002 or prior version. Since Dr. Atkins death in 2003 & Atkins Nutritionals Inc. taking over...lets just say they haven't adhered to his original plan.

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #5  

Thanks for the info! I was going off of the website and not the book. I will try and hunt one down. Thanks again!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiChick View Post
Thanks for the info! I was going off of the website and not the book. I will try and hunt one down. Thanks again!
The Atkins website? Ummm...stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from there! If you must refer to a website, the late Dr. Atkins wife, Veronica has her own site that adhere's to her husband's original planhttp://www.veronicaatkinsfoundation.org/

Old 01-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #7  

Is 2002 the "magic date"? I've found the New Diet Revolution 2002, but other books, that his wife recommends, (Quick and Easy cookbook, Atkins' Shopping Guide) are 2003 and later. Does that matter?
Old 01-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Is 2002 the "magic date"? I've found the New Diet Revolution 2002, but other books, that his wife recommends, (Quick and Easy cookbook, Atkins' Shopping Guide) are 2003 and later. Does that matter?
The date matters when it comes to Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution book...solely because the newer versions since his death...have been what I'd call altered.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #9  

Thanks! I'll order the 2002 diet book and the 2004 shopping guide. I need all the help and prayer I can get. I'm battling PCOS induced insulin resistance, so no diets have worked thus far. I have a cruise in May and I do NOT want to look like me
Old 01-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/275/140

Height: 5'4

you can also check out the Dieting with obsticals (sp?) section.. if you havent already

welcome! and just to let you know... i eat whenever im hungry. as long as i stay under 20 carbs a day.. and sometimes its alot, ive ate about 3000 calories one day.. (i was only counting cause i was curious) and i still kept losing... but within a few days your appitite is supressed.. so you generally eat less. . and wont be as hungry. the first couple days, i know for me.. i was eating like a horse thinking "i cant possibly lose weight eating this much" but i did! its great!

good luck!! hope to see you around!

Last edited by Nayex; 01-20-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Nayex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/275/140

Height: 5'4

BTW. . thanks Jersey for posting that link i hadnt known that she had a website.
Nayex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #12  

Jersey Girl is AMAZING wif da info .. and shares so well and plays nicely wif others .. they should give her a medal or sumfin!

But for now, the cheerleader will have to do!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #13  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Jersey Girl is AMAZING wif da info .. and shares so well and plays nicely wif others .. they should give her a medal or sumfin!

But for now, the cheerleader will have to do!
Awwww thanks