View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
Schumeany

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

Pinkie, at 169 and 5'7" you'll pull it off just fine right now. None of us are supermodels. Just make sure what you buy is "fitted" -- trying to hide your already slimmer lines is not a good way to look slimmer at all. No bulky cardigans or fat wool sweater that band low on the hips. Oh, and I will absolutely reiterate what others have said about low rise jeans...stay far away from them...at least until you reach goal...muffin top is not good...even on a 15-year-old it is a bad look -- on those of us in our 30s and 40s it is just WRONG. Even at goal, I don't wear them because of the joy of plummer's crack. I like mid-rise...just under the belly button...even waist height is good for some outfits. But bootcut will make you look "up-to-date" and make your legs look longer and better balanced...also boots, ankle high is good under pants, with some heel...not crazy, uncomfortably high, but some heel will also accentuate your height and look really sharp with bootcut pants. Coldwater Creek carries some really nice jeans that have a hidden panel in front for belly control -- they have a great dark denim color that dresses up or down.

I also forgot to mention Kohl's. I have found some real finds there for CHEAP! Their Sonoma line makes some nice jeans, khakis and cordoroys that are bootcut (avoid the metro or urban cut ones as they do not give much leeway for curves...)...and they are often less than $20.00. Their Apartment 9 line also has some really nice button down shirts that look really sharp -- very feminine lines with darts to accentuate your figure and skim you without showing any bulges or other things that are still bothering you -- they have some stretch built in and they come in full length and 3/4 length sleeves.

One last thing...buy a nice coat. Kohl's has some great ones. A stylish fitted coat is WELL worth the money. You will look polished as soon as you step out the door.

Last edited by Schumeany; 01-19-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote