Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/280/200

Height: 5'4

Default Does medifast work?

Im looking to start a diet. i have alot of weight to lose and was wondering if anyone has done medifast? is it worth buying? how much weight have u lost? is it hard to do?

lol i know im askin alot fo questions but im just trying to figure out the best thing to do
wiltedflower19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up Definitely YES!!!

Hi!

I did Medifats for a little less than a month in January 08 and lost more than 20 pounds in one month... The weight was just falling off... Was it difficult? The first week was SO hard but after that, it was easy... My advice to you would be to look up some Medifast recipes (or PM me if you want) that you can do with their product. Like I would use their soup to make bread, their shakes to make ice cream... ect.
I still have TONS of boxes from the program but I haven't been able to go back on the program since I found out I was pregnant in February 08 and I am still exclusively breastfeeding...
The forum on 3fatchicks about Medifast is great also! I used it extensively when i was following teh program!

Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

On medifast, you will eat between 800-1000 calories/day. So you will lose weight, if you stay on it and be able to follow a sustainable maintenance plan after you get to your goal or stop the program.

Honestly, I'd recommend a higher calorie diet that is sustainable for life.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #4  
it's always something

We have a Medifast forum that might be of help at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

I have a friend who did it successfully for the period of time that she purchased the plan. She is a very disciplined person so she stuck to it and lost weight on schedule but couldn't wait for it to be over and gained the weight back (since has lost it without Medifast). She just didn't like the products. It IS a healthy plan, in my opinion, if one likes it and many people do. Good luck on whatever you choose.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-18-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #6  
Operator265

I liked it. Lost 40 lbs in 4 months with quite a bit of interference due to some of life hitting hard about the second month. I've sustained with only a slight gain since going off in August. I'm starting WonderSlim today which is much the same.

Come on over to the forum Suzanne posted. We'd be happy to discuss the differences and benefits between Medifast, WonderSlim and New Life Styles.