Old 01-16-2009, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/232/197

Height: 6'4

Cool Bit of a Hard time..

Trying.. and sometimes very hard..

Let me begin at the beginning, I was handling stress very well about 4 years ago.. wasn't eating the right foods.. but worked hard at my job, where it is very physical, so didn't need a gym.. was about 200 pounds.. Mom was diagnosed with ALS.. (Lou Gehrigs Disease).. so worked with Mom at the beginning and told her she had to keep moving her hands, and arms and legs.. and worked at it with her.. then about a year ago.. my wife and I split up.. so added to the stress a wee bit.. but was handling it just fine.. Met a girl, who I am madly in love with now..and we do everything together.. and enjoy being with each other.. Well life was going wonderful up to about last June.. June 17th to exact.. We were on our way to work when we stopped at a red light, and this older gentleman was not paying attention.. Looked up and there we were, hit us at 65 miles a hour... Lorie's face hit the dash and dislocated her jaw.. her shoulder is all messed up..and her hip is aout 3 inches higher then the other.. I ended up with a bad shoulder, and a fractured vertabrea.. and some brain damage.. Nothing serious.. Just have a huge problem with short term memory.. and sometimes getting the right words..

Well we sat around for 6 months, could'nt do alot.. sat around, ate, drank beer.. and one day I looked in the mirror and there it was.. now weighing about 240... Haven't got a scale.. but measured my gut as I have said in my introduction... Still can't excercize alot.. still very sore in area's.. went back to work last week.. work 2 hours Monday, 2 hours Wednesday's..a hour on fridays... and every couple of weeks it will progress..

Mom is still with us.. but not much longer.. she is about 55 pounds now.. can still move her hands a wee bit.. her eye muscles are dying now.. she has a huge hard time breathing..

I was never one to ask for help.. But I am asking for help to stay on this diet.. or proper way of eating, and help me get down to about 190..

Thank you for reading this.. iknow it's kinda scarce in words.. and i know it probaly flopped around.. But I am serious, and I want to loose this weight which is all in my tummy area.. I want to get healthy again..
Redneck Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there from a "neighbour".

You have sure gone through a rough time and must be a really strong guy.

Are you following a particular diet plan? perhaps you could post some specifics on what you eat so we can make concrete suggestions.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #3  

Cool

Hey, How are you.. Not really following a diet plan.. More n less just watching what I eat.. Saying away from greasy foods, have cut butter and salt right out of my eating patterns, staying away from chips, and fast foods.. try to eat a salad once a day.. trying to understand labels and etc.. Hopefully that tells you a bit..
Thanx again..
Old 01-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #4  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

Redneck - How many meals do you eat in a day?
I had changed my eating style and lost over 50 pounds and gained it all back. I gained it all back when my mother became ill. My mother had cancer and died in 2008. While she was sick I could not stick with my plan and I also ate from stress. I made a decision at the time that she was more important than my weight as I knew I could always loss the weight later. I had no regrets as I gained each pound back and I have no regrets about gaining it all back.
I started on Jan 1, 09 with "my 3 hour plan" again and I have lost 10.6 pounds as of today. It is not a diet. It is a committment for life to eat every 3 hours.
I am not hungry, I have more energy and I have not restricted any foods. I have not exercised yet.
I am eating the same amount of food per day but now I eat it throughout the day in 5 meals. Don't get me wrong, of course I am making healthier choices. I drink Coke Zero instead of Coke etc.
So I guess what I am saying is: I think by eating every 3 hours I have boosted my metabolism. Whatever it is, it's working.
I will reach my goal weight by 8-15 and looking forward to meeting friends here for support. ( Also looking forward to be able to post a weight ticker)
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

You and your family are in my prayers!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:10 AM   #6  

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
You and your family are in my prayers!
Thank you... a Big Thank you to everyone..
Old 01-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #7  

I know that stress and unhappiness can cause me to gain weight, although the stress I've experienced is nothing like what you've described.

I totally understand having a hard time being vulnerable and asking for assistance. My mom told me this once: There are times for you to take and there are times for you to give. This might be your time to take. You'll have opportunities to give back in the future.

You do have a lot on your plate, and sometimes it's best to focus on comfort, healing, or survival. If you can do that and lose weight at the same time, great. If not, you can get to it when things are less stressful for you.

Hang in there!
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote