Old 01-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #1  

Default Looking for very easy recipes

Hi, everyone! I'm looking for very easy dinner recipes. I HATE to cook...which is how I got into trouble to start with. I would just call in, dine out or drive through. I just started weight watchers for the second time. The first time I was on it, I just ate frozen meals. I didn't have to measure, just microwave. But I got burnt out fast. If anyone has any easy dinner recipes, please please please let me know. I just tried the Cola Chicken and it was delicious! So any recipes like that would be sooo helpful. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!!!
artsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:36 AM   #2  

This is an idea for a snack not a dinner recipe, but my mother was on Weight Watchers years ago and made this alot, and I thought it was good. I dont have the points figured out but its got 3 ingredients and quick. You take a slice of bread, on top of that put a slice of pineapple and on top of that put cottage cheese. Then microwave it. I personally think its yummy.

Lisa
aprildawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

An easy meal that I like:

Take some boneless skinless chicken breasts, sprinkle them with some Mrs. Dash seasoning and bake in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray for 20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.

While that is cooking I make some minute rice and some broccoli. I add some low sodium soy sauce to the rice then mix the broccoli in.

Dinner is ready about 30 minutes
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:53 AM   #4  

Last night's dinner I made was very easy. We had tilapia which I had marinated in some Kraft lowfat sun-dried tomato dressing. I put a couple of potatoes (rubbed the skins with very little olive oil) in foil and baked them for 45 minutes at 400 degrees, then left them in the oven and put 4 tilapia fillets (had it on a piece of foil in baking pan for easy cleanup) in for 15 minutes. I had some green salad mix, put a bit of fat free shredded cheese and fat free raspberry vinagrette dressing on it, fat free sour cream and fat free margarine on the potatoes with a bit more of the cheese. DH had a few sunflower seeds sprinkled on his salad. The seeds and cheese help to make the prepackaged salad more enticing.

Fish is one of the easiest and quick dishes to prepare and tilapia is so cheap to fix in comparison to eating out. In fact, the 4 fillets were on quick sale for $1.20 for the whole package. You could bake the potatoes in the microwave to make the dinner even faster but I prefer my potatoes baked in the oven. The good thing is we have 2 tilapia fillets leftover for another meal today.
poohshunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Easy

For me an easy meal is baked porkchops (chicken, etc) with side veggies. LOL.

Chilli (Low fat meat (less of it) or turkey and more beans and tomatoes)

Crockpot Roast (more veggies)

Hot Taco Rice (Brown Rice, Lean Hamburger meat with taco seasoning, tomatoes and jalapenos, light sourcream, and I leave off the cheese) Layer in a bowl like a taco salad.

Tuna Salad or Tuna with Crackers (limited)

Chicken Salad (with leftover baked chicken) (light mayo or ff yogurt)

Stir Fry Veggies

Try searching for 5 min recipes and crockpot dinners. There is one with an excellent WW website with tons of crockpot dinners on it.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:22 PM   #6  

Thank you all so much for the great ideas! They all sound so good. Like I said, I hate cooking. These are recipes that I can even follow. Thanks again and if you know of any more please let me know!
artsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/176.6/155

Height: 5'9"

this isn't the healthiest thing ever (lots of sodium), but it could be alot worse, it's SUPER easy and i haven't met a human being yet that hasn't liked it, which is great if you're dealing with picky eaters or non-dieters (or in my case, one person who is both).

Ingredients:
-pack of boneless skinless chicken breasts
-box/packet of spanish rice (so far i like near east and zataran's)
-chicken broth
-salsa
-heart healthy oil if the spanish rice packet calls for butter or oil

How to fix:
-preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Put dry spanish rice mix in bottom of rectangle casserole dish
-Add chicken broth base don the amount of water called for on the spanish rice box
-Add oil based on the amount of butter/oil called for the spanish rice box
-Spread chicken breasts out over the spanish rice
-Pour salsa over chicken
-Put in oven and check at 30 mins...
I've had this take anywhere from 45 mins to like 1.5 hours depending on the oven, the size of the chicken breasts etc. The nice thing is that you can just go do other things in the house between checking--no stirring or anything is necessary. Chicken is done when you poke it in the center with a fork and the juices run clear (of course that can be difficult to tell with the salsa interfering). I always cut one of the thicker pieces open in the middle to make sure it's done once the jucies run clear.
vo0do0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #8  

I dont have time to cook either. This recipe is about as easy as it can get and healthy aswell.

Preheat oven to 350
Put Chicken breasts (boneless or with bones, up to you) in shallow pan
Pour some salsa ontop of to cover the chicken
Put the same amount of water as salsa in the dish aswell
Cover and cook until the chicken is no longer pink
When done, sprinkle abit of grated cheddar cheese, or fat free cheese if you wish, ontop and put back in oven just until it melts
When cheese melts, take it out of the oven and put a spoon of fat free sourcream on it.
Serve it with a salad
almost there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #9  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

The fact you have the attention span to make Cola Chicken makes you a World Class Chef compared to me! My life revolves around Easy Food!

I use the deli at the grocery store for giant salads with either tuna or chicken added with a cup of whatever soup they have that day.

Omelettes with whatever in them...

I use my patio grill for chicken or chops while I microwave a bowl of frozen veggies [this is pretty advanced for me, but sometimes I brush olive oil and oregano onto the chicken].

Fat free refired beans, salsa, a little shredded cheese rolled in a low fat tortilla and microwaved. That's when I feel like cooking--usually that's too many ingredients for me to keep track of!!!

Ipa
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:46 AM   #10  
Maintaining for 3+ years!

S/C/G: 180/157/148

Height: 5'8"

Grilled cheese (use Freihofer's double fiber bread and one sandwich will hold you over for about a week!)

In the morning, throw any lean meat into a ziplock bag with any salad dressing, then "do it" on the George Foreman grill at dinnertime (the secret to cleanup? lay three layers of soaking wet paper towels over the hot grills while you're eating. When dinner is through, remove the towels and the crud wipes right off)

Skinless rotisserie chicken from the supermarket (That does NOT mean Boston Chicken! The go-withs are ridiculously high in everything, and I don't trust that chicken either)

Canned (or make it from a mix and fresh ground turkey) turkey chili over a baked potato

French toast (while toast is cooking, put a measured teaspoon of maple syrup on a salad plate and nuke for about 10 seconds, then a drop of margarine/butter, then put French toast on top of it. You won't use so much. Use that double fiber bread and you'll be all filled up.

Jimmy Dean Breakfast Skillets -- add some more frozen peppers and onions if you're a volume eater, and mix with an egg or two. The ham is less fatty than the sausage, but if you measure out 1/4 to 1/2 cup you're good. I have this every morning on a half a LaTortilla whole wheat tortilla as a wrap.

Lastly, I keep a list of dinner ideas at home (for the kids) and at work for me, so when I can't think of what to make, I just check the list to be reminded of all the options.

And as far as bagged salad -- I've found that soaking, then rinsing it three or four times (all hail my salad spinner!) makes all the difference.

Good luck!

Last edited by InItForLife; 11-05-2006 at 07:37 PM.
InItForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi there:

Frozen broccoli/cauliflower with cheese - add 1 cup cook macaroni & stir
Wraps - with lots of veggies & leftover chicken
Frozen lean cuisines with added veggies
Tuna salad (make a big batch) for wraps or on top of salad.
Omellete
Brown rice (cook extra) - for stirfries & add to soup

Also, when I cook meat I cook extra portions for leftovers & my lunches.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:24 PM   #12  

I make just a super fast and easy stove top chicken and rice. boil your chicken breast until done. In separate skillet saute onion and baby carrots. Take chicken out of broth and cut up, add can of ff cream of chicken soup to the broth add minute rice. When rice is ready throw back in the chicken and veggies.

My other stand by is pork chops or chicken cooked in ff cream of mushroom soup in the oven or crock pot. *Add some low fat or ff sour cream to your cream of mushroom and your chicken, its great.
jagmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #13  
piercedprincess

i'm not sure how weight watcher friendly this is but its very quick and simple
1 cup catalina salad dressing and about 1/4c soy sauce or the reduced salt one works well to mix together let chicken sit in it than cook you can also add potatos or have it with rice its one of my fav's, theres also another way as well i liek to do it which is still add the catalina and soy sauce to that add 1 can pineapple timbits about 3 to to 4 tbsp brown sugar 1 carrot 1onion 1stalk celery i like to give the veggies a lil cooking before hand add those to the sauce add your chicken and one green pepper chopped cook in the over at 350 with a lil cayenne if you like it spicy its sooo good
piercedprincess is offline   Reply With Quote