Old 01-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Wed Jan 14th

Morning all..yeah a day off..i really need it...been working hard. In a few, I'm heading down to the aquarium and taking a yoga class. They are going to start giving classes, but the first two they've set up for the volunteers. They need too take photos for PR etc, so my fat butt may be in pics..but I don't care, its free LMAO. Other than that...its freaking cold here in Georgia..right now its only 19...brrrrrr lets see if i don't freeze to death. Hope everyone is well and doing good.

Ranger, congrats on the weight loss and loose pants.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Default 30 Somethings Chat - Wed. Jan 14th

Ola!! How is everyone this blustery, freezing cold morning? This is the kind of morning that you just want to jump back under the cubbies!! LOL

RC... so glad to hear that you got a call!! Hope everything works out!! Let us know!!

Alicia... I had sciatica for the last half of my two pregnancies. The baby wass putting pressure on a nerve. It was very uncomfortable and sometimes just downright painful!! I used to move the baby with gravity. I know it sounds crazy but it really works (most of the time). Here's what you do. Get on all fours on your bed and just stay there for a couple of minutes. Gravity will help move the baby and hopefully it will move him/her off of your nerve.

Have a great day all!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Oops... we must have posted at the same time GG!! Mabe the mods ca move my post over here??

Have a great day!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: see signature!

Height: 5'6

Oh guys Im such an overeater.......Im scared......I am really excited to go grocery shopping Friday and get everything I need......yesterday went so bad, started out good then COOKIES were put out then SWEET BREADS....and I had already said ok to go out and get wings b/c I had calorie counted it in my daily plate (BTW whomever it was that suggested that site THANKS, I love it!) .....anywho, on another note, on my myspace (if anyone has myspace add me!- junecartercash ) I had an old pic of me from back in 1996-97...and my friend last nite was raving over how great I looked, she said at first she didnt even think it was me, she thought it was an ALBUM COVER.....i want to get back there.....
Hope everyone is having a great week! Stay Warm!
WVU Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Morning guys. Just a flyby. I have somewhere to be at 10 and I haven't showered yet .

Poppyseeds: I apologize, but I seem to have sent your post to the ether. I'm not sure how I managed it, but I lost it. I was trying to merge the threads and boy, did I do a sucky job. That's what I get for trying to do something when I'm in a hurry. Again, my most sincere apologies!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #6  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello Ladies!
Happy Hump Day!!!

I had a meeting last night, it was suppoesed to end at 9 pm the latest, but it ended at 10 pm. I was tired and sick of sitting in those uncomfortable chairs. What a relief to get back home. Every one was alseep, poor dh couldn't keep his eyes openen long enough to wait up for me.

I already went to the gym and had a good sweat going on. Went on the Arc Trainer for a good hour. Man does that make you sweat. I ditched the Ipod and picked up a book today. Made the workout go faster. So all in all not too bad. As for eats today... I am lost, don't know what to make for dinner. I hate when I can't figure it out. I'll have to ask dh what he is in the mood for when he calls on his lunch hour.

WVU Jenn--- Don't be to hard on yourself dear. So you had an off day. Do better tomorrow (or is it today). We are all entitled to bad days. I know I've had my fare share of them... an am sure many more will happen in my future. Pick your chin up and go go go an conquer those pitfalls one at a time.

Well off to pick up the kiddos. Talk later. ...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Hello! It’s Wednesday. I have my first day of class tonight. I’m taking Eng Comp this semester. Since I am self-pay with a tuition re-imbursement from work, I can only afford 1 class at a time.

I started watching what I eat again on Monday. This a day 3 and I am doing well. I’ve been loosely following the Insulin Resistance Diet, because I have PCOS. I have only read a little of the book, so I haven’t started the full-fledge plan yet. From what I have been reading so far, it reminds me of Zone a little. Anyway, still reading, so I will let you know how it goes.

I’ve been having a few cravings at night. That’s what I’m trying to overcome right now. Plus, I drink no water. Gotta do that. Alright, I better get to work.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Sorry about no early thread yesterday! I was busy doing birthday stuff all day! Robby had a great birthday, between the two parties, but he was a little overwhelmed. He cried at daycare, because he thought i was leaving him, but was fine once i sat down with him. Didn't even touch his birthday cake, but I think that's because he was having too much fun.

I'll check back later...trying to be a useful temporary SAHM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #9  
Those last 10 pd's AGAIN

S/C/G: 225/159/149

Height: 5'4

Hi All I'm new to the site (today) and wanted to say hello. I'm 38 married with two children.
CoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #10  

Welcome, Coolbeans!
I didn't work out this morning and am a little annoyed with myself. I went back to bed and slept for three hours instead. On one hand, I think it was a smart decision b/c I haven't been getting more than 5 hours of sleep a night for weeks and last night was no exception. On the other hand...I skipped a workout. That's dangerous for me b/c it's such a slippery slope. I skip one, I make excuses to skip another, and another.... And to top it off, I don't feel rested. The kids have a four-day weekend, too. I'm afraid I won't get up and work out if they are home.
Right now I am planning on getting up at 7 while they are out of school. We usually get up at 5, but I'm counting on them to sleep in. 7am workout. I'm going to do it! (Do I sound sure? Let's hope so.)
WVU_Jenn... Cookies are my biggest trigger. I bake as a stress reliever and have two young kids who love my cookies. Neither one of us should let our set-backs get us down!
Sunshine Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 212/208/155

Height: 5'3''

Hi all! First post here in the chat (and on my iPhone from work no less).

Had my initial consult with the trainer last night. Starting weight (212) and body fat (44.2%). Not fun but necessary. First steps, right? Set up to see him next Wednesday. And will discuss $$ then. I would love to work with him for awhile, trying to see if I can swing about 6 weeks/2x a week. Although must consult DH and the checkbook because I figured out what we owe in taxes this year. Fun fun!!!

Going to the gym tonight with my friend J for some cardio.
rockopera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #12  
Those last 10 pd's AGAIN

S/C/G: 225/159/149

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the welcome. I generally go for my walk at lunch time but it's minus 20 right now so I'm skipping that today. I'll get on my exercise ball tonight.
CoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 333/238/150

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Hi everyone!

A good, but very COLD, day here so far. I have done 45 minutes of cardio so far. I plan on working out again this evening. I find that if I break up my workouts, I can do more and I look forward to them. I am eating pretty well, am focusing on eating what I need instead of what I want. This means eating veggies and fruit and hummus and lean meats instead of the ice cream in the fridge! Hubby and I are also making some changes around our schedules and the way we handle things around the house, so who knows? I think after I threw eggs on him last week he understands that he really needs to help out more and tread lightly. So far so good, so keep your fingers crossed!
amber961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #14  

Hi all! Happy Wednesday!

I'm a newbie and just stopping by to say hello! I plan on being a regular here because I think you guys are really going to help me with all my struggles and goals.

It's pretty cold here in Colorado but there is snow on the ground and it is beautiful. I haven't ever really got out and really exercised since I moved here to Colorado so I'm worried about how this mile high air is going to affect me. Any tips from others living in the area (or those that are familiar with exercising at higher altitudes would be greatly appreciated!)

Ciao for now!
HollyGolightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #15  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone!

Guess what? I got a job! I start on February 2nd and I'm even making a bit more than my last job. I am so happy that I will be working again very soon. And, thanks again everyone for all the support you have given me during my stress of the end at the other job and during these weeks when I've felt lost and stressed because I couldn't find work. You all are awesome.

After my interview/getting the job, I went to the gym and did my workout feeling good. I'm considering taking a walk before dark though since I only did 45 minutes in the gym rather than the usual hour since I got a side cramp (that will teach me to eat too close to my workout... figured I should have waited another 10 minutes, but I'm stubborn like that heh).

Gator, have fun with the yoga! I'm sure you will look great in the pics!

WVU Jenn, don't punish yourself about the eating yesterday, just move on. I know you can do it! Sometimes we have bad times, don't let it bring you down though.

Sunshine, sleep is very important to your health and weight loss, so don't feel bad about missing a workout once in awhile.

Everyone in the snowy cold, I feel for you! Stay warm!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote