Old 12-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/130/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Flat Belly Diet -- any advice for me?

Well I just ordered a copy of Prevention's Flat Belly Diet book off of Ebay. I am quite skeptical as I don't know how any diet can target an area of the body, but I really feel like I'm in a rut with these last few pounds to lose and, darn it, I want a flat tummy!!!!

So I'm hoping that changing up my diet with something else for a while may kick those last few pounds.

I haven't gotten the book yet (hopefully in about a week) but does anyone have any advice or tips regarding the diet?
beau159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9

I have not tried this plan but my BF did and her skin looks amazing..I mean,her skin was awful before she started this plan.She has been on the plan for 4 months and has lost a lot of weight.Good luck.
cuteazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 147/142.4/122

Height: 5' 1"

If you're a moderately active person who's used to eating more than 1600 calories a day the dip to 1200 calories for the 4 day anti-bloat jump start might be a bit hard on your system. I was hungry and cranky most of the time and had trouble concentrating. I only made it through by doubling up on the veggies and adding a heaping tablespoon of yogurt to the smoothies. I had great results on the jump start so maybe it was worth it.

I lost 2.5" off my tummy, 1" off my thighs and 1.5" off my chest. That was a lot more than I expected to see in four days--especially off my waist. I think the distribution of the inch loss had more to do with a reduction in belly bloat and my tendency to pear-shapedness than with any belly-FAT burning properties of the 4 day jump start.

I'm only on my second day of the 28-day plan. I'm stuffed on 1600 calories and my energy level is high. I'm skeptical about the claims that this diet specifically targets belly fat but I'm doing it because it seems like a plan to limit my calorie intake to 1600 a day that will be easy for me to follow. We'll have to see how that works out.
minimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/281.5/279 (10%)

Height: 5' 1"

Go to Facebook and sign up for the Flat Belly Diet group there, the one with almost 400 members. You can then apply for a code for a free 3-month membership to the Flat Belly website. IF nothing else it's free encouragement for about 90 days from other people also following the diet!

Good luck; I know quite a few women who are following the diet and losing weight.
amtooround is offline   Reply With Quote