Old 01-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/233/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Has anyone detoxed?

I am currently on my 2 day of detox and was wondering if anyone here has ever tried. I've read great testimonials about it. I'm doing the juice detox. So far only water weight has fallen off. Hopefully more within the following days. Not sure exactly how long I'm going to attempt this for. I'm really craving some solid food! :P
sabrinaforless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245 / 185 / 130

Height: 5' 6"

Yeah, I've "detoxed" and I'm not sure how helpful it really is. My nutritionist never recommended it. Plus, I personally ended up going on a binge the first day off and regained the 4 lb (water weight, most likely) I had initially lost.

I've also tried "detoxing" meaning, for a few days I decided to only eat fresh or lightly steamed veggies and fruits, still lots of nutrient-dense food. My caloric intake was low (1200 or so) but I ate so much I felt extremely full. My skin cleared up, too, so that's a nice added benefit.
losingitandlosingitwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #3  
Health: my gift to myself

S/C/G: 203/199/166

Height: 5'4"

In August of 2007, I went on a 7-day buddhist retreat. The food there was phenomenal (and vegan!)

Right before the retreat, I did a 7-day detox based on the Martha's Vineyard Detox program. (The book is called 21 Pounds in 21 Days).. you can do the Martha's Vineyard detox for 2 days, 7, 14, or 21 days. I did it for 7 because I wanted to do SOMETHING before my retreat but didn't have more time.
It's very strict, and I found it extremely hard. I stuck to it religiously though, and I felt fabulous. Better than I've ever felt in my entire life! The 'diet' is actually NOT a diet. It's a detox plan, meant to get you healthy. I was having a lot of health problems and after a lot of research, I decided that this would be beneficial (and it was)... the great "side effect", if you will, is that I did lose 7 lbs in those 7 days. But again, my initial attraction to this was as a detox, not as a weight-loss goal, so losing 7 lbs was just an added bonus.

I kept the weight off until December by eating healthy (tons of vegetables, fruits, fish, brown rice, tofu, etc.) and then proceeded to binge on Christmas cookies and gain it back, but other than that, the results were great, I was healthier AND I lost weight. I would recommend you have a look at it, if you're interested. It's tough, but you will feel amazing.
mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #4  
just starting WonderSlim

S/C/G: 290/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, I did a 3 month detox (and colon cleanse) Oct-Dec in preparation for weight loss. Some are better than others, but in general it does help a bit and is good for the insides.... (although don't confuse it with an actual diet, because you won't lose a ton of weight)
roxy road is offline   Reply With Quote