General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Default Curious about your dreams

When you dream, are you thin or heavy in your dreams? I usually am not too heavy in mine, but over the years I have started to identify with the fat me and it's started showing up in my dreams more. I want to get back to being the thin person in dreams and in real life.

It always amazed me that I could view myself as a thin person in my dreams when in fact I wasn't. I've never dreamed myself as being heavier than I am though.
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #2  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

this is so weird. now that i think about it, I dont remember! I have no idea if i am thin or heavy in my dreams...wow im weirded out. anyone else ??
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #3  
=D

Unless I specifically dream about my weight or body - I never feel fat or thin in my dreams. Always, I'm just like seeing my dreams as they happen - I don't really have a body. It's like the dream is a movie and I am the cameraperson. I talk to people and reach out and grab things - and often I run or fall over or hug others, but it's very rare that I ever see my face or body.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

im defintly the same as how i am now- however once i had this reall strange dream that i wasa the model that was on the packaging for those exercise balls and i was really thin! it was so strange to see myself like that and ill never forget it!
tarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I've never dreamed about it either, but I don't remember dreams too often. My sister told me today that she had a dream that she was at the doctor and got on the scale and weighed 275, it weirded her out quite a bit (she is a twig by the way), I though it was funny.
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #6  
Operator265

I dream from my own perspective so I see them just as I do real life. Unless I looked in a mirror or something in my dream, I wouldn't see myself in it. I do dream in color and in black/white depending on the dream. I guess that's not exactly "normal". I was told most people dream one way or the other. I'm kinda ambidextrous that way.

Last edited by Operator265; 01-12-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

When I see myself in my dreams, it's usually me looking down at my body, just as in real life (not a reflection or as viewed from outside my body). I don't know if I ever paid attention to my weight in my dreams until I started seeing myself as fat in my dreams and not liking being there. That's when I noticed in some dreams I was still "normal" weight and not self-conscious about weight.

I probably always dream in color...don't remember it ever being in black and white.
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #8  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

It varies. Hey, sometimes when I dream, I'm a man or an animal, so I doubt my results are typical.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #9  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

All in honesty, I have never seen myself in my dreams. I dream in 1st person - there is never a mirror or some sort of reflection where I can see myself - which is strange, because everyone else that I have ever spoken to regarding dreams usually see themselves as if in a movie.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Generally, I'm never fat or thin, I'm just me. Recently I had a dream where I was naked as part of an art show (don't ask me where that came from) and I was self conscious because it was me as I am, fat with sagging skin.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Tamara, I dream in first person, too. Sometimes, my dreams are so vivid and realistic that I recall them and get confused as to whether or not they are dreams or reality.

I am usually "me" in my dreams. The current me is fairly lean and muscular, but when I was fat, I dreamt of the fat me. If there are any body alterations, I know about them and they usually freak me out. If I dream about being fat, I start to wonder why I gained all the weight back. When I was fat and dreamt about being thin, it was sort of like, "Wow! I lost all my weight already! WAHOOOO that's AWESOME!!" Deep down, I knew I hadn't, and that I was just dreaming, which made me sad.

Ufi, sometimes I am a man or animal, too! I have definitely dreamt about growing a schlong before, and I found it disturbing (yet at the same time, I really wanted to have sex just to see what that felt like from a male perspective!) I have also dreamt about being in other people's bodies and living life from the perspective of another.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #12  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

If I have overeaten on junk, I always dream I'm pregnant!
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #13  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I usually dream in first person too, so I only see myself as if I am looking down.

Have to share this, though. The other day I took a barbell class and the instructor messed up the choreography and we did twice as many lunges on one leg as the other. My right leg was ON FIRE.

That night I dreamed that Jillian from the Biggest Loser was training me, and she said, "Your right leg is AWESOME!" and I looked down at it and it really was.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've dreamt I was a man before and the other day I had a gross dream where I was pregnant. The gross part was that I could feel little hands and feet through the skin of my stomach! I was majorly creeped out.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote