Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 08:41 PM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

hello darlings... hope everyone is doing well.
Ummm, yes thank you, Mauvais... I'm.... actually, no... that would be a lie. I'm NOT feeling better, but thank you for asking. I'm considering asking my doctor to change my meds.
The children start school next week though, so things SHOULD start to get a little better. I'm joining the YMCA next week. I'm feeling a little bit apprehensive about it, but I'm sure it'll be fine once I get over my inferiority complex.
Good luck with getting a new job... you've got a lot going for you sweetie, and the right one will come along at the right time...

Terri! You don't know where Niagara Falls is?!?! Holy moly!!

Hi everyone else... excuse me... my daughter and I are going to play a Nancy Drew game on the PC.
xoxo
Old 08-27-2002, 10:28 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ellis-glad to see that you are still among us Maybe a change of routine will be good for you. The Y is a great idea. I was actually feeling more energetic when I was going to the gym a few times a week. You are right about the initial self-conciousness but I found that if you just focus on what you are doing you just get on with it. The worst for me was getting in the pool-bathing suit time-aarg! I swear if DH hadn't have been with me I never would have made it out of the dressing room and into the pool area

Thanks for the well wishes re: job hunting
Old 08-28-2002, 12:26 AM   #3  
a brave new me...

Default I'll just jump right in...

and say hi to everyone! So, could someone please explain how to post a picture under my name. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2002, 07:26 AM   #4  
Must Shrink.

Hello, good morning...

Cool mornings here to walk in and a hint of autumn to come. I'm repairing old plaster walls in my kitchen, preparing to paint them 'golden laughter', a rich yellow colour. So much work to prep walls.

Ugh, kids up and bickering already. School starts Tuesday, less than a week away. I'm finally ready to settle into routine again.

Everyone take care and have a great day...

L
Old 08-28-2002, 08:00 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Alternachickies.

Well, it's cool this morning and fall really must be coming! I wish I had kids to send off to school next Tuesday just so I could feel the relief! I'M JUST KIDDING! One good thing about school starting is that the campers will clear out of our beautiful park and the dogs and I will be able to walk there - until the hunting season starts! Not all the Yahoos around here read the No Hunting signs. I can imagine one of my wooly black girls being mistaken for a bear cub!

This morning I am going to zip into town (Smiths Falls) for some hot peppers and other goodies and make another batch of salsa this afternoon. The homemaker in me loves to see those jars lining my pantry shelves. Somebody should make wallpaper with jars of jams and pickles on it - would save a **** of a lot of work.

Did the dentist thing yesterday. When you get older, they start replacing old fillings for something to do! I actually really like my dentist - she lives in the next village and has a gorgeous office with windows overlooking her garden and orchard.

Sojourner, do you mean the picture like the dog below my name? That is called an avatar. To get one you go to your profile and in Edit Options at the bottom is info on how to select one. There is a selection on this site but you can also use other pictures from your own files - IF THEY ARE SMALL ENOUGH. Hope this helps. If not PM me and I'll try to clarify.

Whoops! 7:58! We are off for a walk before driving to town.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:12 AM   #6  

Moprning everyone!

Rude awakening this morning at 6:50 when the phone rang, it was someone from DH's work calling in sick so he had to get up an hour early and go in to open up the office. Thank goodness I made the lunches last night-that should teach me to get into the habit of doing that!

Hello and welcome Sojourner I guess Ruthxxx explained how to put a picture up to you already but if you need help with it just let us know.

Ruthxx-well aren't you just the little susie homemaker! I am jealous, I would love to do canning and preserving but my kitchen isn't big enough, one day when I have my house with a huge garden and kitchen...one can always dream

must dash off to work now! You chickies have a great day
Old 08-28-2002, 08:15 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey Mauvais! There is a time for everything. If I am Suzy Homemaker, you can be Career Girl SKipper! Remember her?
Old 08-28-2002, 08:23 AM   #8  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Alternachickies!
How are we all today? Ellis I am sorry to hear youare still not feeling well, but yes we are all optimistic that with school starting next week, so will go away our stress. They can be little darlings , can't they.
Soozie- How was the beach, did you do any skinny dipping? Any cuties on the beach? Hope you really relaxed and enjoyed yourself. Boy there sure were a lot of cute lesbians on here while you were away.
Well, off to my moms to drop the kids off and then off to work for me! yeah!

Love, laugh and enjoy live

Wantolosealot
Old 08-28-2002, 08:25 AM   #9  

No, but I do remember malibu Stacey! It kinda sucked that most of the Barbies were blondes, few redheads and brunettes and even fewer Barbies of other nationalities (er, is that politically correct?)

Didn't matter any way...I ended up cutting their hair and colouring it with food dye or markers and made them into doctor's, musicians, and other liberated career women, no cheerleeder barbies for me! My friend and I even had witch barbies who lived in a house like the Adams family they were very spiritually empowered too I might add. Boy I was a weird kid, must have come from watching old Vincent price movies with my parents

Oh yeah, I had a Cher doll too

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 08-28-2002 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:04 AM   #10  

Okay Chicks, so I did some house cleaning of the forum this morning...so...if anyone would care to start a new pigs anonymous thread or any other topic that would be fab! talk amongst yourselves...you goyles are like buttah, oy! you are ahl princesses Must go have some coyfee now
Old 08-28-2002, 10:06 AM   #11  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Yes, I agree, The page was big. But I wasn't gonna start a new one. Each time I do it, no one every posts. Then I start getting paranoid that my deoderant isn't working or my butt looks too big in these jeans ect. Well, you know what I mean. Someday my self conscience behavior will go away...probably once I am completely gray and have no living friends. Right around age 98. I just wanted to poke my head in and say hi. I am off to but more stuff into boxes. Will this ever end? I am actuaaly packing the moving van up on the 6th, driving on the 7th, unloading on the 8th. I will be so happy to have a day I don't have to do anything but go look at houses. Maybe I can start walking again. It is still too hot here to do it, but 400 miles north should help that a lot! I will probably have to help cook while I am there. I hate cooking in someone elses kitchen. I left the crockpot receipe book out. I eat heathier than my dad does. Maybe I can help them out on that.... Well...if I go MIA, just know that I will return sometime after the 10th.... ~flower
Old 08-28-2002, 10:17 AM   #12  
Is it Friday yet?

Mornin' Lovlies....

Well, I got my sunrise clock yesterday and the, ahem, idiots sent me an empty box... The guy called me back extremely apologetic saying they must've shipped me the box for the demo they have (no one checks these things??). So, I have another one coming... I can't wait, I can already feel the "it's dark already" blues coming on. Last year was awful and I hope to avoid going through *that* again.

Hi Flower! Yes, the moving will end eventually, it just doesn't feel like it!

Good luck all you moms with kiddles going back to school! There are times I wish I could send my cats to boot camp (grumble, grumble...waking me up at 4am, grumble, wanting to play, grumble, drinking water outta my cup....)

mauvais, thank you for spiffy'ing things up! It looks bootiful!

Guess that's all for now... off to finish billing. Can't wait for this 3 day weekend!!!!!

Have my cholesterol test tomarrow, so I must starve myself after 7pm tonight... such fun

Terri
Old 08-28-2002, 11:30 AM   #13  
a brave new me...

Talking HAHAHAHA...

Look at my new pic! This will have to do until I find my own. Giggle... nothing like a little sausage to cheer one up.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:07 PM   #14  
a brave new me...

Default Hey Ruthxxx

I have my own great fresh salsa recipe which is best with fresh veggies from the garden. It is a HUGE hit everytime I make it and it is known as "Amy's Salsa" (Amy... that's me). Try it:

6 large garden fresh tomatos, seeded and diced
1 white onion, diced
1 or 2 hot peppers of your choice, diced and added to taste
fresh cilantro, cut up with kitchen shears... around a cup
1 to 2 T of salt

Thats it! You will love it.

My garden veggies are in full force right now... I really need to get out there and start harvesting stuff. I always plant way more than necessary even thought my garden is so tiny. I have very fertile soil and a green thumb I guess, as evertything seems to thrive. Last year I did some tomato canning for the first time. I diced tomatos until my hands were raw with the all that acidic juice. I thought I would have so many jars and I ended up with like only five!!! And then the jars took forever to seal. I was so paranoid I would die of botulism or something if I did it wrong. I think I was up until 2 am wondering if the jars sealed properly. It was quite traumatic. I guess I will try again this year... since in a couple of weeks I am going to have hundreds of roma tomatos.

Last edited by Sojourner; 08-28-2002 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:46 PM   #15  

Sojogrrl -

Thanks for the salsa recipe tonight I'm making tomato caprese salad from the garden overflow of a gentleman I work with I will post the recipe, if it turns out to be good !

I am following Protein Power, so I love your new pic! LOL

Punkin - is the sunshine clock for SAD? My friend suffers from this.....and she has decided this will be the year she gets help.... how does the clock vary from a light box?

Mauvais - you ah killin' me heya with yoa wundaful sense of huma goylefriend! all that barbietaulk had me rofl this AM

Ellis - I'm thinking about you..hope you feel better soon I know how you feel about the Y. As they say, the hardest part is getting started. Not so long ago, I got on the scale after years of denial........all of this is a game of inches ( ooh - what was that? a pun?)

Flower - if you start a thread, I'll respond enthusiastically I like calling you flower, reminds me of Bambi

Terri #1 - if you tell me how to get to Mount Hood, I'll tell you how to get to Niagara Falls

hugs all - barefoot terrigrrrl
Closed Thread