Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2001, 01:37 AM   #1  

Has anyone used any of the abdominal devices on the market? I'm particularly interested in the Ab Doer as one doesn't have to get on the floor-but I'll be interested in any information on anything!!
Old 02-12-2001, 07:27 PM   #2  
I WILL get to my goal!

Paddington: Well I had a post up in Diet Plans about the Ab Slide I just bought. I like it a lot. It works out all of your upper body and not just your abs. It strenghtens your arms, shoulders,ect. I love it!

------------------
"A dollar for your thoughts" ~Marilyn Monroe
Old 02-17-2001, 08:08 AM   #3  

Paddington,
I bought the torso track. I love it. i see a difference already after a month. My arms get a work out too.
Terri
Old 02-19-2001, 04:45 AM   #4  

With the abslide and torso track, did you find it difficult finding the strength to do the exercise? When I've seen it on tv, I thought it looked very hard. It also looked like it put a lot of strain on your back. Anyway, I'm sure it does help a lot, but I'm just wondering how difficult the exercise is. I don't have a lot of arm and stomach strength.
Old 02-19-2001, 06:35 AM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

Neek - before you invest in a Torso Track - that is if you believe that you don't have the arm/ab strength to handle it -- I would suggest finding a 'crunch' routine to do without devices...after you get strong enough from that, then invest in a Torso Track. I'm also told that those big medicine balls that are becoming popular are great for ab workouts as well! I generally just do crunchies and pushups myself. Check the websites www.fitnessonline.com or www.muscleandfitnesshers.com for some good articles and tips on abs and exercises in general!

MrsJim
265/159/145

PS - Edit -- check this link out - some good photos and ab routines here!!
http://www.muscleandfitnesshers.com/...35&CID=B&SubCI D=A

[This message has been edited by MrsJim (edited 02-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MrsJim (edited 02-18-2001).]
Old 02-19-2001, 08:54 AM   #6  

Mrs. Jim,

Thank you for sharing your advice. I will definitely check out those sites!
Old 02-20-2001, 03:43 AM   #7  
I WILL get to my goal!

Neek: Actually, that is a very good question! I have no upper body strength at all but I was still able to use the ab slide. It works out your upper body as well as your abs. When I get done I feel not only my abs getting stronger, but my arms and shoulders too. Trust me, you don't have to be strong to use the Ab Slide.

P.S. The Torso Track is a lot like the Ab Slide except for price. I looked into that Torso Track and figured that it is not worth paying a hundred or so dollars for a machine that does the EXACT same thing as the Slide and is a lot bulkier too. With the Ab Slide it is small enough to put in a closet or in a corner without taking hardly any space.

Well, good luck with your decision.

------------------
"A dollar for your thoughts" ~Marilyn Monroe
Old 02-20-2001, 07:01 AM   #8  
Suzanne 3FC

I was using an Ab Roller before my move, and I had really noticed a difference. I didn't bring it with me and now notice a big difference as well

So you could probably do just as well with a $20 ab roller as one of the more expensive gadgets. In the end though, the experts say that none of the ab machines can do more than old fashioned crunches. Maybe I should get in the floor and get at it!

Closed Thread