Old 01-11-2009, 04:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/275/140

Height: 5'4

Default i screwed up. and have a question.

OK..i hate myself but..., i just ate a piece of apple pie. .. i dont know where my will power went. i washed it down with some milk.. all in all i had about 80 carbs... OMG im SO mad at myself.. but anyways, thats another thread.

but my question is, i know im out of Ketosis now.. if i dont eat anymore, (cause i wont) when will i be back in Ketosis,(rather how long does the sugar effect me) and will i have to go through all those cravings and withdrawls again?

ugh.. this is so dissapointing.

Last edited by Nayex; 01-11-2009 at 04:08 AM.
Nayex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Ok, you made a mistake but...don't beat yourself up over it. It sounds like you learned from it & you aren't going to do it again.

Everyone is different as far as how long it takes to get back into ketosis. My suggestion is to get right back on track & drink lots of water.

We learn from our mistakes Just remember, "If you do what you always did...You'll get what you always got".

You CAN do this this!!

All the best to you!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/275/140

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the uplifting post. i certainly have started over this morning, and this diet is so easy to stick to im not sure WHY i felll off so bad. i was doing great.. it was just this moment of weakness that and i devoured it.. i knew what i was doing, i just said f you to myself.... LOL these inner battles.. sometimes i lose them... but *%^%$%^ it i'll win the war.

i had an epic battle in my head a week or so ago about some corn chips... i won that one (im still so proud )

but lost this one... i'll live. ive moved on. and maybe the boost in carbs will jump start more weight loss when i restric again today. who knows.

alright. feeling a lot better. . thanks for letting me vent. i love this place.

Last edited by Nayex; 01-11-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Nayex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #4  

Aw, don't beat yourself up. It happened and you'll probably be less likely to do it again in the future. Sometimes all it takes is that one bad day to remind us how much better we feel sticking to the program. You're back on track now and that's all that counts!
LuckyLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #5  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Not to worry...

I went on "auto-eat" Wednesday. A co-worker offered me a slice of pizza, and I just sort of automatically took it and ate it. Not good. But I didn't use my slip as a reason to go on a carb binge and continue eating badly. I just said, "*&^,that was awesome." And continued on Atkins.

If I'm not careful, I do that destructive thinking that says "I may as well go it; I've blown it today." But I was careful. It took me two full days to go back into ketosis. Today my ketostix showed a full, deep purple. And I made myself yummy almost-zero wings as a treat. We can do it!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #6  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I used to take every slip-up as "permission" to go on a carb bender. And eventually helped lead to gaining all the weight back. Just give yourself a hug and jump right back on.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote