Old 01-08-2009, 01:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/213/165

Height: 5'10

Default Protein Bakery

Can anyone tell me if the cookies and brownies from this website could actually fit into the LA program? I tried their cookies and brownies and they are soooooo good. In fact they are so good that I can't believe it's ok to eat. Oprah actually made this product one of her favorite things a few years ago. I found these products at my gym but I can't really ask any one there if it will go along with the plan because they are not aware of the plan. Yes they told me that they are safe to eat but I just need my fellow LA friends to confirm it before I place a order. Here is the web site....proteinbakery.com
SoulSista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Not sure about those products, but 4 of these cookies = 1 protein and they are very good!

Cupboard Cookies

1 cup peanut butter (I use reduced fat and they come out great)
1 cup Splenda for Baking
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Combine all ingredients well.
Roll into balls about the size of a walnut. Press down slightly with
a fork.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes (check after @ 8 minutes tho, ovens vary)

Makes 24 cookies.
Serving size: 2 cookies
LA Exchange: 1/2 protein

Last edited by LadyZaidi; 01-08-2009 at 07:14 AM.
LadyZaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8

The cookies would be 1 starch and 1 fat for one serving and I wouldn't use more than one serving per day. I wouldn't rec'd the brownies if you are still in weight loss. When you try to incorporate a lot of foods that imitate sweets into your menu it makes it harder to follow because you start craving it again. The longer you can go without "sweets" the better the results usually are. The brownies are very high in saturated fat so if you were to eat them they would cost you 3 fats, 2 starches and 1/2 protein
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #4  

Thank you Lady and Andrea for your help...I do try to stay away from sweets, but sometimes....just sometimes I need a little something and that is why I miss the LA bars because that helped me out alot.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #5  

Andrea can you tell me how to break down the nutrition labels? I never learned that in the center.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:43 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSista View Post
Andrea can you tell me how to break down the nutrition labels? I never learned that in the center.

It's kind of tricky, they didn't teach that to us, I took nutrtion in school for a short while. It varies based on what plan you are breaking it down for (LA, WW, just the nutrtion pyramid etc.)

So let's take this label for instance and say we are only concerned with the breakdown for LAWL (it would be different for the actual governments food guide pyramid).

Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds
Serving Size (on box) 3/4 cup
Cals= 130
Fat= 2.5
Carb= 25
Fiber= 2
Protein= 2

So, an LA starch serving of this food would be 1/2 cup giving it 97.5 calories and 18.75 grams of carbohydrates. A carbohydrate serving is generally 60-120 calories but it depends on the "quality" of the carbohydrate. For instance, carb wise you are getting more carbohydrates from a 3/4 cup serving (LA) of fiber one then you are from a 1/2 cup serving of HB of oats but because the quality of the carbohydrates are better in the fiber one it's okay. Does that make sense? I apologize, I suck at explaining stuff via the internet! If you have some certain foods your wanting to know how to count just pm me the nutritional info on them and I'll be happy to tell you!
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #7  

Thank you so much Andrea......When I come across something that I am having trouble with I will keep you in mind.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #8  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

SoulSista...I wholly recommend the Protein cookies above...I baked them for Christmas and put a little dark chocolate chip in the centre of each one to make it "festive" lol...delicious!!

Peggy
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote