Old 01-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #1  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Default Biggest Loser Contestant Arrested

i was reading the news and the girl on the pink team Shannon was arrested on the same day the premiere aired. Here's the story:

One of two women from Macomb County competing on the weight-loss television show "The Biggest Loser" was charged Tuesday with domestic violence, accused of throwing flour in the face of her tenant.

Shanon Thomas, 30, of Center Line, appeared surprised by the accusation during her arraignment.

"I'm really a good upstanding person. I can't believe this is even happening to me," Thomas told 37th District Visiting Judge Sherman Faunce.

According to court records, a man who resided in the basement of Thomas' ranch-style house on Helen Avenue told police Dec. 16 that Thomas yelled at him to lower the volume of his television, broke some Christmas tree bulbs, grabbed an open bag of flour and threw some of it in his face, including his eyes.

The tenant, Michael Nolden, said Thomas asked him what he planned to do before she left about a minute later. Nolden, 32, then contacted police. When police went to the house, they noticed flour on the floor and couch, but that someone had attempted to clean the mess, records show.

Center Line Public Safety officers ar

rested Thomas on Tuesday after Nolden cleared out the rest of his belongings in the house.

"He threw a pan in my direction," she told Judge Faunce about the alleged incident. "He told me to get a pizza" because she was on the show.

The judge informed Thomas that her side of the story wasn't part of the arraignment proceeding, and entered a plea of "not guilty" on her behalf. When Faunce asked her about previous arrests, he wasn't convinced she was truthful.

"You're just telling me what you want me to hear," he said in setting bond at $2,000 cash or surety and ordering Thomas to have no contract with Nolden.

According to court records, Thomas was arrested in Royal Oak in 2004 on suspicion of drunken driving. She later pleaded guilty to operating while intoxicated and sentenced to 12 months probation and fined $1,345.

In 1996, she was charged with forgery in Troy but punishment was deferred after being sentenced under the Holmes Youthful Trainee Act, court records show.

Thomas could face up to 93 days in jail if she is convicted of domestic violence. A trial date was not immediately set.

Thomas and her mother, Helen Phillips of Sterling Heights, are one of 11 "couples" teams on the NBC weight-loss show. The seventh season premiered Tuesday night.

Thomas, who works as a massage therapist, is 5 feet, 5 inches tall, and weighed approximately 280 pounds when filming for the current season of "Biggest Loser" started in September. Court records show she currently weighs 185 pounds.

It was not immediately known why she was currently not in California as taping continued, but she implied in court that she was expected to return.

An e-mail sent by The Macomb Daily seeking comment from the network about Thomas was unsuccessful.

On the show's Web site, the Center Line woman is described as "a very outgoing, animated and friendly person" and that her "caring actions come through every day in her job as a massage therapist, but she feels she could make an even bigger impact on her clients once her weight is under control. She has been heavy her entire life and is ready to get on the right course," the Web site states.

The network's bio of Thomas also states she and Phillips are a "down-to-earth mother and daughter team who could pass as sisters."

"They are extremely competitive and love to laugh. Shannon(sic) and Helen are both gorgeous women who have a zest for life. They leave everyone they meet with a smile on their face."

Phillips, 48, of Sterling Heights, remains in California for taping. Her husband, Russell Phillips, recently told The Macomb Daily that his wife is making good diet choices and exercising up to 14 hours a day. He refused to specify how many pounds she has dropped — she entered the competition at 257 pounds — but claimed she has lost at least 10 pants sizes.

On the show, the contestant who loses the greatest percentage of body weight is crowned The Biggest Loser and wins a grand prize of $250,000.

Thomas posted bail and was released from Macomb County Jail prior to Tuesday evening. Dinner at the county jail Tuesday was a meat patty with gravy, mashed potatoes, gelatin and milk.

"A lot of times if people know they are going to bond out, they will refuse the meal," Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

Since they are under a contract not to post new pictures, their weight etc. until after the show is over, I wonder if NBC will fine her for breaking her contract in a way. Will be interesting.
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #3  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

wow... that is crazy.
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #4  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

i wonder what they would do if she is jailed tho and her mom is still on the show, they cant bring her back.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

How weird. Are there pictures up?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Wow, I live here in Michigan and have read several news articles on this but this one is more complete than anything I've seen. The local news said she would like to comment but can't because of her contract with NBC. The did show her mug shot on the local news, you could definetly see a difference. Someone form her work stated that she was terrible upset over all of this and has been crying for days.

It is really a shame, if this happened to anyone else it would not have plastered all over the news. Although I guess when you put yourself in a public light you have to be prepared for anything.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #7  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

no i haven't seen any pics up of her, but if i do ill post them.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #8  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

What a story. Wow. Sounds like she is in some serious trouble.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #9  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Talk about spoilers...she apparently did well with her weight loss if she is under 200! Good for her! Not good that she was arrested though...
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

What an embarrassing thing to get arrested for.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

She exercises up to 14 hours a day?!?!?!!??!

I know, I know. I should be freaked out that she threw flour in someone's face, but I can't get over the little mention at the end of the article that she exercises up to 14 hours a day. That leaves ten hours! How does she have time to sleep, work, eat, buy the flour to throw in people's faces?

It's pretty depressing, because I know I'll never have time to exercise that much.
KitgetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:48 AM   #12  
Regina

S/C/G: 325/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Wow thats crazy!
lessthanthreeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/190/155

Height: 5'6.5"

I think the 14 hours a day comment was about her mom who's still on the ranch. That's still kind of nuts and maybe just a huge exaggeration since obviously Shannon's dad isn't there with her to know.

I was surprised that Shannon is still at home - has it been less than 30 days since they filmed the first week on campus? I'm so confused, after seeing Ali pregnant at the finale and then seemingly less pregnant on the show (though she is super duper busty now!), I thought maybe they had filmed it months ago. Guess it's somewhat closer to real time than I had thought.
eastcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #14  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

That sounds like a mistake anyone could make, especially someone who is drastically cutting calories. I think when people aren't eating enough they more prone to fly off the handle.

Last edited by river; 01-10-2009 at 10:13 AM.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #15  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

east cost- It was filmed in Sept. They usually film 2 seasons at overlapping intervals. Ali will become more pregnant this season too. (So I have read...)
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote