Old 01-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat ~ Fri. Jan 9th

Morning losers!!! LOL

Hope everyone is feeling chipper this morning and ready to face the day!!

Let's start with some calisthenics...

Some treadmill...

A little yoga... OM...

Strength training....

and last but not least...

a big sweaty group hug... uh... pass...

Have a good day all!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #2  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Valerie, I do soooo wanna be a loser! How often to people say that about themselves??!!??!!

Hoping everyone has a GREAT on target day!

Got much to do...will be back later while at work!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #3  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Thank goodness it is Friday!!! I am so ready for the weekend, even though tomorrow (in the Greater Cincinnati area) the WHITE DEATH is supposed to come...guess I will be hanging out at home! I am only a few days in, but I am finding that making good choices is coming easier and easier to me, and I am actually looking forward to getting on the treadmill or doing some yoga today. (I know, I have totally lost it!)

Hope you all have a great Friday! I am sure I will be back later!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: see signature!

Height: 5'6

Hey all....Ugh.....i havent been able to do to good b/c I have nothing good at home!Pay day is soon though so I am already starting my grocery list and am very excited about it! Thank Goodness Its Friday, my week has been rough! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!!!
WVU Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #5  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Howdy Girs!!! TFI FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been a super long week, glad that it is nearing the end.
Darn AF made her appearance yesterday. A bit early then usual... but not concerned as much. That is why I was PMS-ing so bad. I apologized to dh about it, and he said I am so lucky he loves me. Aw, what a guy.

Have a few errands to do today, and afterwards am looking to lounge on the couch and watch some tv as these major cramps are a bother.

RileyO---- I am so jealous that you get to have a hotel room all to yourself. A big huge bed all alone. Oh man, am I jealous. Enjoy it.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #6  

TGIF! I think. I am a stay-at-home mom with no dishwasher and on Saturdays Mom usually gets the day off. That means take-out so I don't have to wash dishes. But this weekend will be different! I will throw a bunch of veggies and chicken into the crock pot tonight and tomorrow we will have stew. And I will have my 12-year-old wash the bowls and spoons. No excuse to get Chinese!!
Sunshine Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I have a work conference this weekend and so I did not have to go into work this morning. YAY!!! I actually have some time to make eggs and toast for breakfast. I feel so much better if I can eat a good breakfast. And I am going to run on the treadmill. Those are my goals this morning.

I also wanted to say that I have appreciated this site so much. My weight loss journey has been filled with so many ups and downs. I really did feel hopeless and out of control. My body has gone through a lot during this past 1 and 1/2 (I had to go on bed rest during my last pregnancy because I was so heavy and unhealthy) and now I feel more energy, I feel more in control and I am not dreading the warmer weather when it's impossible to hide behind your clothes. When I hit 180 lbs., I was stuck and I stayed at that weight for a long time until I found this site. I owe the last 30 lbs. to the support on this site and so I wanted to say thank you to all who read and post their own experiences.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #8  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

So, my scale is annoying me this morning. It has gone from 171.2 to 171 for my current weight. So, I don't know what to think. I'm going to weigh myself again before my shower and then tomorrow morning first thing. It's frustrating though, especially when the difference is just after weighing in the first time and then a minute or so later. Argh!

Going to workout for an hour today for sure. Haven't decided if I'm going to do that at the gym or here at home though.

Have a good one everyone.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #9  

I had a small victory this morning. I managed to maintain my weight through the holidays but that means the scale has been in the same 206 range for 5 weeks. I'm so sick of that number! I kicked it up a notch last week and this morning I didn't see the '5' on the scale either but rather the '4'. Woo Hoo! I am trying hard to get to Onederland and I'm nearly there. When I make it, it will be the least I've weighed in almost 6 years! So close!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198.8/192.8/130

Height: 5'4

Hello all, I'm new! Today was my weigh in day, and I have lost 9 lbs in my first week on the South Beach Diet, even though I haven't been exercising as much as I would have liked. I am really pleased with the result, but am feeling really down today for some reason :/
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Joan, yup, Robby will be 4 on Tuesday (13th) and Peter will be 6 on the 23rd...and is also have a Chuckie's Party! In fact, I have to call and book it, geez, I hope I can get it for the 24th. They're both into Monster Jam right now and it's going to be in the area on the 31st. I'm going to get tickets for us to go and it's gonna be a surprise...Peter is going to pass out when he sees where we go!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #12  
Believe it, be it

I feel like I'm falling apart, just had an argument with Discover card because the woman who I talked to on 12/31 was rude and nasty to me not listening to my account number to pay my bill... so, today some guy calls me telling me that I need to have my bank on the phone with them to confirm and was just not nice. Thankfully, I got off with him and when I called back I got a nice lady, but still this whole mess with a credit card threatening me, not having a job and all is really making me upset. I wasn't happy happy before, but this week I feel like I'm not able to do this anymore, I can't handle not having income to pay my bills, take care of my needs, etc. I feel so lost and out of control. I thank my parents, especially my mom because she has been a God-send to me, but I don't know how much longer I can keep my sanity here. I'm thirty years old and can't even go out and buy socks for myself.

sorry for the upset rant, this is just a horrible day for me
Old 01-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerChic View Post
I feel like I'm falling apart, just had an argument with Discover card because the woman who I talked to on 12/31 was rude and nasty to me not listening to my account number to pay my bill... so, today some guy calls me telling me that I need to have my bank on the phone with them to confirm and was just not nice. Thankfully, I got off with him and when I called back I got a nice lady, but still this whole mess with a credit card threatening me, not having a job and all is really making me upset. I wasn't happy happy before, but this week I feel like I'm not able to do this anymore, I can't handle not having income to pay my bills, take care of my needs, etc. I feel so lost and out of control. I thank my parents, especially my mom because she has been a God-send to me, but I don't know how much longer I can keep my sanity here. I'm thirty years old and can't even go out and buy socks for myself.

sorry for the upset rant, this is just a horrible day for me
RC... take a breath... in with the good air, out with the bad air. Please stop obsessing over 2 ounces.. you'll make yourself nutty!!

I was in HR for seven years. Here are my suggestions for finding a job...

Find a retail job as they are still hiring because many retail stores places have a turnover. If you have a Bed Bath & Beyond in your area, apply and put my name for a referral... PM me if you want the store # and info. Maybe it would help if you can put down a referral name.

Go to some employment agencies/temp services... don't make an appointment, just get dressed up and walk in... visit at least 3-4 in one day. You'll have to take their tests so plan for at least an hour for each place.

Visit craigslist.org for your area and look thru the employment ads. Don't apply to any job that doesn't list the location or that looks like spam. Don't give any personal information like your address of phone number. Full name and email is fine. You might want to set up another email like yahoo or something to use ONLY for employment inquiries.

Dig thru the sunday paper employment ads.

Sign up and post your resume on yahoo hot jobs, monster.com and careerbuilder.com

Pound the pavement putting in applications. Go for at least 8-10 apps a day. Ask if you can speak with a manager after you complete the form. Some companies hire on the spot.... maybe you'll get lucky. Go to a mall/shopping center to kill 8-10 birds with one stone.

Don't hold out for exactly what you want. If times are that tight... Take what you can get and keep looking for something better.

You can do this. Make finding a job your job. You just need to make a daily planner and do something EVERY day.

Love ya girl!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 01-09-2009 at 07:23 PM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...today was rough...i was up late (til midnight) watching my boys win the national champs...YEAHHHHH GATORS. But then i had to drag my tired butt to work..and man we were busy. Of course one of my wonderful receptionist (please note the sarcasm) booked a 3 pet room right at closing and we had a emergency come in at 6 with a dog vomiting for about a week. The blood machine then decided at this point it was going to give me crap. then two pets that were hospitalized for serious health issues, paretns came to pick them up so it was about a 15 min conversation with each..needless to say, i didn't get out of work until 9. I work a 12 hr days straight without a break..i did gobble some soup down at some point..but i vaguely remember it LMAO. so i'm worn out.

as for TGIF...???? WTF is that LMAO. I work all weekend. Ahh the joys of cooperate life. Oh well. Saturday and sundays usually go so quickly because we are so stinking busy LMAO.

ranger-hang in there...i think poppy has given you some great information. It does sound like if you can't find a job..its time to start really doing the stuff to make yourself seen/heard. also , i agree about chilling on the scale..you are going to drive yourself up the wall. I say weigh only once a week. I will be less stressful on your mental status. You got so much else stressing you out. Breath some girl

poppy-love you enthusiasm this am. I wish i had some right now..but i think i'm heading to bed soon anyways so i'll hopefully find my mojo with a good night sleep.

welcome tonks...

hey to everyone else! off to surf the internet a bit more before passing out from exhaustion.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #15  
Believe it, be it

Thanks Val, I've been doing a lot of that stuff, but you gave some great suggestions that I haven't been doing and I appreciate it. I have been willing to take any offer, so anyone who offers a job, I'm there.
I went out after I wrote that and even though I don't have a lot of money, I bought myself dinner since I felt like I needed something "good." I then took some time to write at a local bookstore. Felt some better after that. This is just a tough week, and yes I need to breath in and out and keep moving. It's not close to easy, but I can and will do it.
Thank you.

Last edited by RangerChic; 01-09-2009 at 10:02 PM.