Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Default Video question...

I've been looking at a lot of threads, trying to decide what type of workout video (or videos) to put into my weekly routines. I'm at the maintenance point, and burned out on my normal five day regimen of bike, elliptical, bike, elliptical and bike again.

Overall I just want something that'll make me sweat, breathe hard and feel like I've done something.

There's been talk in a LOT of threads about how good the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is...and Tae Bo has also been mentioned. As has yoga...

With Yoga I'd definitely be a beginner, but on the other two I'm not sure. How does the JM 30DS work? Does it start slow and work up to harder and harder levels? And Tae Bo...it's been YEARS since I did that....is it still as effective at kicking your butt?

And any suggestions on yoga will be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Last edited by MindiV; 01-08-2009 at 12:49 PM.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'm pretty fit, and tae bo gets me to a sustained heart rate of 145-170, which is about 75-90% of my calculated maximum heart rate. It is definitely a burner.

The Jillian 30DS is basically a 20 min program that consists of 3 min strength, 2 min cardio, 1 min abs. The 3 min of strength actually get your heart rate up pretty significantly (she works little muscles, like biceps, in with larger muscles like quads, while having you move high and low, all of which keep your heart humming). I stay in about the same range for that as I do for the tae bo, except it drops down during the ab portions. She gets it right back up, though, and its a good workout.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Thanks, mandalinn...I may have to get both for a little variation, in between the bike and elliptical...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Take a look at this site. www.collagevideo.com
you can sort be all kinds of perameters and might find something you would have never tried otherwise.

Good luck and congrats on reaching your goal!
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote