Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 11:01 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Smile Five-Pound Challenge #4

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15, DOWN 1.5

ANAGRAM, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 4

BABETTE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15

BYRD, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 16, DOWN 1

BOBSGAL, 2ND CHALLENGE, SIX DOWN BY OCT. 1

DOLLAR, FIVE DOWN BY, SEPT. 9, DOWN 2.6

DAUGHTER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 3, DOWN 1

DUSTCATCHER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 13, DOWN 4

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 14

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 2

KAYLETS, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-PNT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 4

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 2, DOWN 3

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 23

SWEETMOM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 3

UPANDAWAY, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 2

Old 09-03-2002, 09:12 AM   #2  

Good Morning ladies,
Well they are finally all gone for the day, the first day back to school is always a busy one. My 2 yr old grandson is a little confused as to where everyone went, he keeps asking for mommy, it will take a little bit of time for him to get use to it. So tonight is weigh in night. I think it was wsw that asked me how I stay in my points, sheer determination and thinking twice about what goes in my mouth. In choicing a donut over something else I visuallize how much more food of lower points I could have instead of the donut.
I have a question does anybody know how to figure out how many excercise points golf is worth. Yesterday I played a par three course but it was really tough and I played 18 holes and worked up a good sweat in the heat, I walked the course and it took us about 4 hrs. I calculated it at MOderate for 4 hrs, I hope that is right any ideas.
Yes my headaches are much better but Im having some memory problems when Im at work which has led to a few errors. Luckily they were staff scheduling errors and nothing to do with our residents, that worries me some so Im going to go right now and call the doctor for an appintment, Im not suppose to go back until the end of the month but I think I should go now. My family is also complaining again about telling me things over and over and I don't remember. Well got to go and I will log in tonight after weigh in. Have a great day everbody.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:59 AM   #3  
Empress/Queen

Good-morning, POWER O' FIVE!!! We can call ourselves that because we have FIVE TIMES THE POWER TO SUCCEED in our quest to simply lose five pounds (at a time)!!! Right? YOU BET!!!

Dollar, my Calorie King book, which is what I use to figure my calories and exercise expended says "social golf" is the same calories (4 per minute) as "walking, slow." That's four calories per hour. "Walking, brisk" is 7 calories per minute, so maybe brisk golf would be approximately that, so if you know how many points you get per exercise calorie, you might go with that. Sounds like your calculations are on target anyway. In my spreadsheet figuring calories burned, I just use the 4 per minute figure to count every bit of exercise, so that accounts for any lapses I have in intensity or stop/start or if I just feel like going slow ... it averages out, I figure. At any rate, you are to be congratulated for GETTING OUT AND GOLFING FOR FOUR HOURS!!! Sounds like a good workout!

Sorry you're still having some residual memory problems but it's good your headaches are better. Glad you are checking it out with doc, always the best idea to sort things out!

See you later and also let us know how Daughter is doing!

Amarantha's night went very well calorie-wise and she ended eating with 1710; had 65 accumulated minutes of exercise. She intendeth to do weights before heading out!

CAN WE DO THIS?! YOU BET! No question!
Old 09-03-2002, 12:40 PM   #4  
Is it Friday yet?

I'm here (kinda sorta')
I just cut n' paste this from the other thread, cuz ditzy me just noticed you started a new one...

Kaylets, my awsome partner... congrats!

I'm sick. I feel like I've got water up my nose, I'm dizzy and light headed - and such fun!!! I've been like this all freakin' weekend!!!!!

I'm up one pound. Needless to say, I ate my pain this weekend. Sunday did show I was down .5, but by Monday morning, I was up 1 pound... so, I'll take the gain, I deserve it and shall persevere and succeed next week!

Will get back to posting individually when my monitor quits moving.

Terri
Old 09-03-2002, 12:46 PM   #5  

Hello Everyone,
I'm up for this challenge. I think I'll be down 5lb by Sept 18. I'm hoping this give me the motivation need because I've been slacking for about a month now. I'm also challenging myself to workout 3x a week. So wish me luck. Congrat to all the losers and I hope to join in on the losing.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:57 PM   #6  

Hi guys! I didn't make it over to the weekend "no guilt" thread, but I just read it and it looks like it was a great success for those that took advantage of it. I think the Thanksgiving idea is a good one .

I was so busy this weekend that it kept me out of trouble for the most part. My 7-day workout challenge has really been working well for me. There were 2 days during the weekend where I very well may not have exercised if it had not been written down on my 7-day schedule. Today is day 6 and I completed my gym workout this a.m. Tomorrow (7th and last day) is a swim day. I'll probably take a rest day on Thursday and then write out another schedule.

As for the scale..........I haven't been on it. I didn't want to weigh-in until the "dust settles" from the weekend (if you know what I mean ). I shall hop on it tomorrow a.m. and report back with the results. My target date for the 5 lb challenge is next Monday, so I best be getting close .

I hope everyone's week is starting out great!
Old 09-03-2002, 09:14 PM   #7  

Hi Ladies
Well what a great night got my 60lbs and met my 5# chellenge I lost 3.2 tonight. My daughter also lost 3.2 so we are happy in this house got to go good luck everyone and thanks for all your support.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:10 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Good news!!! DOLLAR hath CHASED AWAY 3.2 CUTE BUT PESKY and MET HER 5-POUND CHALLENGE. And, DAUGHTER HATH ALSO GONE DOWN 3.2 in her weigh-in! Congratulations to Dollar and Daughter (and Dollar, if you want to set a new challenge, please posteth at your leisure)!

Punkinseed (Friday's ): Hang loose and it'll get better by Friday!!! Amarantha hath proclaimed a new administrative procedure for the Power o' Five roster ... a GAIN IS NOT A GAIN UNTIL THE NEXT WEIGH-IN OF THE GAINEE BY WHICH TIME, THE GAIN, WHICH IS WATER WEIGHT MOST LIKELY, WILL BECOME A LOSS OR A MAINTENANCE ... SO IT IS MAINTENANCE! Ok? Cool! Wish she'd thought of this sooner, but Amarantha's not too quick some days (saith Elbertine Pep).

Leggs02: Welcome to our team o' LASTING LOSERS!!! Great workout challenge, too! You will definetely succeed because THE POWER IS YOURS!!! So no luck needed. (But good luck, anyhow!)

Jusdoit: Congrats on your 7-day workout challenge successfully completed (tomorrow)! You're an inspiration. I'm going to make a special workout challenge for myself when my Leslie tapes get here and I'm going to keep you in my brain for motivation!

Kaylets: I second (or third or whatever number) the concept of a NO GUILT thread for Thanksgiving. Halloween is a big guilt-producer, too, with all those goodies in the store. When I worked in newsrooms all day, I would always go to Walgreen's and load up on that stuff and put it out for coworkers, who had already put out chocolate to tempt others ... it was kind of the war of the fun-size bars ... very guilt prone holiday!

List followeth! ALL HAIL THE POWER O' FIVE, BECAUSE WE CAN DO IT!!! Who's better than us? No one!

Rycherbabe? Are you out there? Did you want to update your challenge? Inquiring minds want to know!!!
Old 09-03-2002, 10:24 PM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Default Dollar & Daughter new challenge wins!

DOLLAR, FIVE DOWN BY, SEPT. 9, DOWN 5.8

DAUGHTER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 3, DOWN 4.2

KAYLETS, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30

LEGGS02, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 2, DOWN 3

SWEETMOM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 3

Old 09-04-2002, 08:46 AM   #10  

Good Morning ladies,
Well after last nights weigh in Im just so motivated now, I feel fantastic about the lose and I think that will carry me through and keep me determined to keep going. So I posting my date for my next 5#s Sept 24. My daughter returned to classes yesterday and was met by all the oohs and aaaahhhs about how she is looking and that gave her a real boost to help her continue on her way with weight loss. It is a beautiful day here today and I think I will try to get out and enjoy it.

271.8/209.6/165
Old 09-04-2002, 09:36 AM   #11  
Empress/Queen

Great, Dollar!!! Congratulations again to Daughter and Amarantha hath asked Elbertine Pep to update you on the list for your SECOND CHALLENGE!!!

Off to post on the 21-day thread and work way through TO DO list today, including a late night meeting. My challenge today is to save TWO cans of slimfast for just before the meeting and then to "walk in the desert of no food" from the time I drink that until midnight! I CAN DO IT!!! YOU BET!!!
Old 09-04-2002, 09:44 AM   #12  
Empress/Queen

Default Five (Virtual) Bags O' Gold to All Winners!

DOLLAR, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 24

KAYLETS, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30

LEGGS02, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18

Last edited by Amarantha2; 09-04-2002 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:55 AM   #13  
Empress/Queen

Amarantha wisheth EP to saith thus: She is amazed by the success of all Power o' Five Challengers and wisheth only that this thread were not in cyberspace so she could reward each and every successful challenger with FIVE BAGS O' GOLD from the Imperial Treasury. As it is she hath ordered FIVE (virtual) BAGS O' GOLD to be awarded to the following:

Anagram, Bobsgal, Dollar, Daughter, Guinever, Kaylets!

She hath noticed an error also, as Kaylets is on her second challenge. She will edit!
Old 09-04-2002, 10:02 AM   #14  
I know I can!

I'm here. I was afraid to weigh my self today. I gained half a pound. It was not a good weekend for me. So I'm still down 2.5 pounds. I'm going to amend my date to Sept. 25th. I need to get serious about this. NO MORE JUNK FOOD FOR ME!! And I'll try to check in more often.

Patti
Old 09-04-2002, 10:11 AM   #15  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all!

Dollar - 60 Pounds?!?!?!? Right on!!!!!
Congrats to both you and your daughter (whom I keep wanting to refer to as "penny" since you're "dollar" hehe) on reaching your first 5 pound goal!

Emp. Amarantha - Thank you for your words on my gain. I'm sure it's temporary too since I really didn't out this weekend. I did find my way to some pizza rolls though - nothing like a bit 'o salt to up the weight for a bit huh? I shall persevere....

(now, for some royal biznus)

I, Punkin o' Friday, do hereby announce that I will hereby be issuing my very own challenge. Until October 8th, my first day of vacation, I will not, shall not, will heretofore, avoid the consumption of chocolate (excluding Pria bars and Slim Fast - neither of which are triggers for me) and will also put an immediate end to my "weigh in dinners" (the little oink-fest I have the day I weigh in). I have come to face the facts - if an alcoholic can't have a single drink HOW can I go crazy on junk once a week and still be "in control" of my addiction???? It's not working - so it must end.

The has spoken....

Hugs,

Terri
Closed Thread