General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #1  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Just hung up on my boss--not sure what to do next????

Hi all,

I am such a bad decision maker and I really hate to make waves, but my boss just caught me in a bad mood today and I hung up on her on the phone. I'm asking for some advice from you chicks

I work in a hospital on second shift (2-10:30pm) one day per week and every third weekend (Sat and Sun). I'm classified as a PRN employee with no benefits. I had heard a rumor that she was going to switch my weekend to work with this guy that is 70 yrs old and needs to retire. I really don't want to work with him and I just worked last weekend. She called me today to tell me that she needs me to work THIS weekend and that I need to switch my weekend because I'm such a strong Tech and my other regular co-worker is such a strong tech that they need to move one of us to work with the 70 yr old guy. I said "so, I'm getting punished because I'm such a good worker that I have to work with the guy that can't pull his weight". Then she just said that that's the way it is and I hung up on her. I was afraid I'd say something really bad, so I reacted abruptly.

So, now I don't know if I even have a job?? or did she put me down to work this weekend and I just have to deal with it?? Should I call Human Resources and see if she can just pop up and tell me I have to work this weekend with 3days notice?? My husband already has plans for this weekend. Or should I just suck it up and do it and be thankful that I have a job??

Any advice? comments??

Thanks
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

1. Call her back. Apologize for losing your cool. Blame it on hormones, bad timing, etc. Apologize PROFUSELY for hanging up. Say you have NO idea what got into you, but that you're so, so sorry for losing it.

2. Take whatever shift she gives you. Seriously! In this market, you don't want to go irritating bosses...and hanging up is a serious breach of professionalism.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 8"

i would def check with HR though too, you shouldn't be expected to "pull his weight" too and your own!
Sun_Flower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

If you want your job, just call her back and apologize. Do what she needs you to do and move on.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #5  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

She's deffinately happy with your work if she is asking you to help out- I would call her back and apologize. I know it sucks, but I would also go into work when she asks. You can DH can always make plans again for another time.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Ditto to all of the above.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

I would call up and apologize. If she gives you more flak then I would go to HR and share the story with her, you see it is against the law for her to say things like "the 70 yr old guy" WAY WRONG, I work in HR, that is a lawsuit waiting for a happening if he were to find out she said that.
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote