Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default 30-Somethings Daily Chat**Tuesday, Jan 6**

Morning!! Can't type much. Girlie on my lap and boy needing help with his website!! He got my old computer and LOVES being able to go to his websites whenever he wants. It's great since he's reading now. I don't have to read it all to him.

Have an on-program day!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #2  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Good Mornin' everyone. I've got a doosey of a headache this morning. Usually get one my second or third day back on the wagon. I figured it was coming. Usually try to eat them away when I get 'em....I think it's a blood sugar issue.

Anyway, I'll be back later....gonna go try to get this headache to let up some. Have a great day everyone.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: see signature!

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone....I'm new, 31 years old, 80 pounds to lose.....not even close to being on track....getting over a cold but ready to get started! Cant wait to get to know everyone!
WVU Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #4  

Default need weightloss buddy

Hi, everyone! I'm looking for a weight loss buddy. I am trying to lose 50 pounds by the end of Sept when I will be reuniting with old high school friends. I'm newly 34, a stay-at-home mom, and have had past successes, then failures, in weight loss. In 2006 I got super-motivated and lost 50 lbs. Last year I fell off the wagon and regained 30 lbs. It's just too easy to fall into the old habits. I don't really diet...in 2006 I just starting eating more veggies and smaller portions while working out 3x a week for at least 30mins. Nothing drastic. My high school friends are not married and have no kids, travel all over the world, are working on their PhDs, etc. I got married young and had kids. So, I would at least like to show up not obese! This forum really helped me in 2006 and I am looking forward to getting back into the groove! Big yay for fat chicks!!!
Sunshine Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #5  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Good morning everyone! My first day of the 100 went great (I want to reach my goal in 100 days)! I did really well with my food choices, and walked on the treadmill while my oldest son did his homework...I hope I can keep it up. I even resisted the ice cream and cookies that were calling to me from the kitchen

This seems to be how it works for me...I get into a diet, workout, but then my life stuff gets in the way, and it falls by the wayside. It has to be different this time!!

Hope you all have a great day, and keep up the good work.
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey newbies! Nice to have you here!

Good morning everyone!

Jenn... I had 80 pounds to lose when I started in June. Now it's around 52 to go... just start and you be happy you did.

I have to leave for work so this will be quick... I'll check in later!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

*peeks in*

...am I still allowed here???

Hi everyone...been busy lately. Not online much, and when I am I've been on Facebook alot. Found a lot of old friends there.

How's everyone been??/ I know Alicia' pg, talked to her...other than that I'm out of the loop!!! HOpe everyone has started off 2009 on a great note!!
As for me, been working out everyday, I have a bellydancing recital at the end of April, and I am determined to show my belly!!! So there's my motivation!

DH is still laid off, this is his 4th week. Finally got an unemployment check last week. I am looking for a job, going through the process of being approved to work in the school district. Things a re pretty good though.

Hope everyone is well, I'm making a committment to get on here at leat once daily, even if only to check in.

Talk soon, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #8  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Ahhhh, headache's nearly gone! And have managed to stay ontrack. YIPPEE. I usually lose it when I get one of those stupid headaches. Soooo, I'm pleased.

I determined to only weigh once per week, whereas I usually weigh everyday or every other day. I'm hoping it will be more motivating this way. I'll see bigger changes...hopefully in the right direction! Hope my curiosity doesn't get the better of me and I peek too soon.

Well, now that I'm feelin' better, I'm off to get something accomplished.

Welcome WVU Jenn and Sunsine Mom. Pam, I remember you from my last time here (several months ago!!). Great to see you again!

Good luck everyone.....stay strong! You'll be a "lesser" woman for it!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-06-2009 at 02:03 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey All!

Welcome to all the newbies!! Keep up the good work!

Pam, Nice to see you!

Gotta p/u #1 shortly...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 333/238/150

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Hey everyone!
I'm in the middle of my second week on here and so far so good! Last night I worked out for an entire hour on my Wii Fit. I am LOVING it so much! I have never been one to keep going. Usually I do the bare minimum of a workout and then give up, relieved to be finished. This time even feels different. I'm not telling myself 'gee I hope I get skinny' instead I hear '2009 is MINE and I am doing this!'. It is very different this time, believe me. I am focusing this time on eating balanced and working out instead of dieting. I am TIRED of dieting. I don't want to diet anymore-I want to change my lifestyle! I am about to head into a very stressful time as I am a Brownie leader and the Girl Scout cookie sale just started. I am getting myself into a routine now so I can stay focused during that time of CHAOS!!!
amber961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/185/140

Height: 5'7"

Good evening everyone. Sounds like alot of you are getting motivated, working out, etc. I was talking to some of the ladies at work today about the wii fit. Sounds like something I should think about getting. The dieting for me is going well but I have yet to break out a work out video, take a walk around the block or anything. I need to just get off this computer and do something.
MJSinMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 194/185/140

Height: 5'7"

Yikes!!!!!! Girl scout cookies!!!!
MJSinMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #13  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Sorry I haven't been around today, been running around since this morning. Had a dental appointment to check up on my wisdom tooth pull from last week. Everything is going well.
Then, had to do some errands. My parents washer broke the other day, so my mom and I had to spend some time in a laundromat which was not fun. Should be fixed by this weekend, or they are buying a new one.

The Biggest Loser is on now, so hope everyone is well!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #14  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Hi Everyone!! Looks like you're all having a good day. I did well today, except I totally skipped breakfast! Ugh! I've GOT to work on that. Then I exercised over my lunch 1/2 hr again .. then decided to eat after that. I didn't snack at all today, as no time allowed to even think about food really.

I did eat a chicken breast club sandwich for supper: boneless skinless chick breast seasoned with ranch powder ( cooked on my new george forman grill), wheat bun, 1slice of ch, and 1 full slice of turkey bacon, and ... a couple of onion rings.. Eek! For lunch I had some taco soup I made at home last night with ground turkey, green beans, corn, kidney beans, northern beans and ro-tel.

Had my physical today.. Ick! He didn't even tell me I needed to lose weight as I told him already.. No need to spare me the lecture.

Anyway, wanted to watch TBL but.. apparently.. KU game more important. UGH!!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #15  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Ah, thanks. I REALLY want to watch it tonight though..LOL But, I'll watch it then I Guess.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote