Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 148

Height: 5'

Question Question about DecaSlim?

Hi everyone! I just ordered the diet supplement DecaSlim and was wondering if anyone has ever used it? I read alot of things about them on different sites and really found nothing bad about them. It sounds like it could help and even if it didn't cause me to lose a bunch of weight, then it would make my skin more healthy and give me some healthy doses of foods you couldn't pay me to eat, lol. Anyway, I just wondered if any of you on here have ever actually used it?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

There are tons of diet pills on the market and most of them are basically focus on the latest 'hot' thing as their ingredients and ingredients don't vary much from diet pill to diet pill. So I looked up the ingredients of the diet pill.

Green tea - There have been some studies that show a minimal amount of weight loss for those that drink green tea every day. It could be the caffeine in green tea or it could be that drinking green tea can suppress your appetite slightly. There have been nothing to show that green tea in pill form can do anything for you.

CLA - Here is a 3FC article on CLA
http://www.3fatchicks.com/cla-conjug...c-acid%20/

Superfoods as part of a pill - This has been discussed on this website a few times but the idea of getting the benefits of superfoods in a pill goes against the entire idea of superfoods. The idea of superfoods is to eat the whole food to gain the entire benefit of the food from the antioxidants, vitamins and interactions that occur from eating the whole foods. I've read a few articles that say avoid superfoods supplements as they are a gimmick. They won't help you lose weight and they won't give you the benefits of eating the whole food.

Basically it sounds like the pill is designed to lighten your wallet more than anything.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #3  

Of course, why should I think that I could get away with not eating broccoli and such, lol. The thing is for me eating healthy is just, hmmmm, let me think, gross! I really can't stand healthy foods. Some yes, but not very many. I can't stand broccoli or asparagus or any kind of fish (except fish sticks, lol), I can list on one hand the amount of veggies that I like to eat. I've bought so many "healthy" food books and the recipes are completely uneatable. I know I sound like a 3 year old, but that's just the way I feel. I wish I liked those foods, but they really don't taste even remotely good to me. I've even tried to force myself to eat yogart, I've tried all different kinds and I've never found one that tastes right. Am I alone in feeling this way? Do alot of you just force feed yourself stuff you find nasty or do you actually like these foods?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think there is a perfect forum for you...

Veggie Challenged
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=176

There are quite a few people on this site started not liking very many veggies. For me, a few years ago, I ate very few veggies and usually they were at least sprinkled with cheese. I started eating the veggies I did like and started experimenting with other veggies. Last year, I realized that meat was starting to taste gross to me so I started down the path of being vegetarian. I can tell you that my own personal taste buds have changed so much in the past few years. I love veggies, all veggies and find I crave them. Now you may never get to the point where you crave veggies or love all veggies but it is possible that your taste buds could change so that you could enjoy vegetables.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #5  

Thankyou, that would be a good one to check out. I do love some veggies and I actually crave them. They just are few though. Infact some veggies I only will eat uncooked. Once they have been cooked, yuck! LOL...But thanks for the info, I'll check it out.