Old 01-05-2009, 07:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something chat Monday Jan 5th

Morning all..well i stepend on the scale (i make myself do it only once a week) and yeah...i'm down 2 lbs. Its good to see the numbers start to drop again. Hope everyone is doing great. I know most of you are getting back into the grind since you were on vacation for the holidays. Some of us have been in the grind LOL..but off to work again today. Hopefully it won't be that bad today. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #2  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey all!

I'm doing the Biggest Loser challenge this time around, so I'll be really trying to push myself harder than I have up till now (been doing well, but I want to see if I can give more in the gym). So, I'm excited about that.

I'll be heading out shortly once I shower and all to the gym. Had my Kashi waffles for breakfast and they were yummy.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #3  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Mornin' All!!

Going to the gym in a few. Antsy to try my new routine too.
Not sure what to pull out for dinner, so hoping that by the time I get home from the gym something will come to me as the AHHH, lets have that for dinner.

GG--- YAY! on the 2lbs loss!!! Keep it up Girl!!!

Ranger--- Hoping that the new routine works out for th ebest! Let us know.

Well off to check on the kiddos, as it got extremely quiet all of a sudden.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Morning...

I'm off today. I have a dentist appointment later and have to get my nails done. I never got my handbag yesterday... the selections were so picked over. I stopped in a few different TJ Maxx's and nothing. I did manage to find some beautiful frames though.

Although I'm not gaining or losing at this time, my motivation level is very low. I think my job has a lot to do with it because I eat at such strange times during the week (different hours each day). I know... me... no motivation? Freaky. But it's true. I think maybe I just have a touch of winter blues. The last thing on earth I want to do is gain the weight back that I lost so I have to at least maintain what I've done so far.

Anyone else feeling less than motivated?

Have a great day all... I'll check in later...
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #5  

Disgruntled... I just don't get it though. This is what happens every time. I'm go-go-go for six months and am successful and BLAM... I lose motivation. I wish there was some way to talk myself back into it. The one thing I want to do different this time though is not gain back what I've lost. If I can maintain til I'm 'up' again... I'll be one step ahead.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #6  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledOne View Post
RangerChic.... I was kinda sad yesterday. I too am starting the BL challenge but noticed we are on opposite teams. This is my first challenge so we'll see how I do. Good Luck.

poppy... I'm right there on the no motivation train with ya. As I told Ranger I started the challenge so hopefully that will give me some motivation. If not, within time my pants and the lack of circulation will!
That is too bad we are on opposite teams. But, the important thing is to keep motivated and get healthy. I'm sure you will do well! Both teams seem very awesome.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #7  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseeds View Post
Disgruntled... I just don't get it though. This is what happens every time. I'm go-go-go for six months and am successful and BLAM... I lose motivation. I wish there was some way to talk myself back into it. The one thing I want to do different this time though is not gain back what I've lost. If I can maintain til I'm 'up' again... I'll be one step ahead.

You can do it! Just keep telling yourself that you are worth it and push through the tough times. No, it's not easy, but if you keep telling yourself you can do it, you will.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Feeling better today....like I can actually function! Have a bunch of errands to run, have a good one!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #9  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledOne View Post
Poppy have you been doing the same thing meal plan and exercise wise since you started? When my motivation kinda sizzles out I try to do something different. Like a new exercise dvd or class at the gym. also I go between WW and calorie counting just for something different.
Maybe... I don't know. I jazzed up my workout a few months ago with Turbo Jam which I loved but after being on my feet for 8 hour shifts at work, the last thing I want to do when I get home is stand for another 50 minutes working out. I really miss my summer after dinner walks. My meal plan is easy because it changes daily for the most part.

I think I'm just being silly... onward and 'down'ward!! LOL I just gotta snap out of it!!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #10  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

This is my first post, but I do want to try to check in with you all daily, if you don't mind! Keep up the good work! I am going into my "bad" time of day...when work is over, and the hubby isn't home, and the kids want some snacks. My mind says I am hungry, but I really am just bored! Gotta do something!! Today I am going to try the treadmill in the basement, and maybe play Wii with the kids instead. I have to mop (yuck) for a bunch of ladies coming over for a meeting tonight...

Hang in there chicks!!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #11  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey, everyone! We're back from our trip to Georgia. We had soooo much fun....and I gained another 2 lbs! That's a total of 5 over the holidays. But the friends we went to visit...the woman and I are challenging each other. We're taking one year (w/monthly updates) and whoever loses the most amount of weight, the loser has to go for a visit. It's a 10 hour drive, so no small punishment if you lose! I hope this helps me keep my motivation! I've done really well today, BUT this is day 1. Soooo, we'll see. My goal is between 1.5 and 2 lbs per week. I want 25 lbs gone is 6 months. I know, that's far less than 2 lbs per week. That's probably 1 lb per week. But....those are my goals. Hopefully I can make one of them! 50 lbs in a year doesn't sound unreasonable at all to me. I think I can do more, but will be extremely happy with 50 lbs. I'd be WELL into onederland....first time in close to 15 years!

What's everyone else had to eat today? I've had 1 burger bun w/promise spread on it, toasted (this was breakfast), and 3/4 of a large chili from Wendy's and an apple for lunch. My point total (I'm doing ww) is 10 points. I get 26 per day.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/211/168

Height: 5'5''

Right have not been on this site for a long time. Weighed myself this morning and came in at 15st 01lb 08oz. I will be happy enough if I can make it to 12st. Wish me luck. :P
marissahebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #13  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

GatorgalstuckinGA Great job on the 2lb loss!

RangerChic What is the biggest loser challenge? How do I find out about that?

poppyseeds Keep your chin up!! You're motivation will come back.. for most people it always does. Mine is always a yo-yo as well.

I did well today as well. During my 1/2hr lunch hour I walked for 16mins and then did stairs, 3 flights, the other 14mins of it. I will be dying in pain later after I've sat for a bit i'm sure. Ha Ha. I felt great though all day today. I have GOT to keep this up. I'm hoping history won't repeat itself here too quickly.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #14  
Believe it, be it

amb, its in the exercise forum toward the bottom, but its closed for this time around... they do new challenges whenever the show is on TV.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 194/185/140

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Hello ladies, I made it back from our weekend at grandma's house. It was nice to see them and they enjoy all of us when we can get over there. The trip is 300 miles one way and the roads weren't great but we were all glad to have gone.
I was really pretty good the whole time except for one day, my mom made a mexican dish and then on the trip home we ate dinner out and I had more than I should have. Today I am back on track though.
I also went back to work today after 2 weeks off. I am on the fence as to if it was good or not. Lots of times I wish that I could be a stay at home mom again.
Well have a good evening everyone, I intend to stay out of the rooms in the house that contain tempting foods!!
MJSinMT is offline   Reply With Quote